Tulpas: Have you ever punished your host? LOL

Guest Anonymous

Tulpas: Have you ever punished your host?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Tulpas: Have you ever punished your host?

• Yes, I have punished my host!
    • No, I have never punished my host! That is terrible!
    • You can punish your host? Oh YES!
    • Our host has multiple tulpas and one or more has punished our host.

Of course, there is the sullen silent treatment, the best of all and most powerful tulpa punishment.

Look, fuck the "silent treatment". Are you in some sort of dom/sub relationship? It's insulting. It's like those people that say "I won't be your friend anymore unless you do X". You know what that says to me? That says they don't care about me anymore than whatever thing they want me to do to retain their "friendship". I'm not friends with those people anymore. Same thing with the silent treatment. Do you enjoy talking to David? In my eyes, a silent treatment implies that you only ever speak for his benefit and he should be soooooo grateful of you even bothering to utter words. You know what happens when you do the silent treatment too much? (Hint: anything at all is at high risk of being "too much" territory). Eventually, both people do the 'silent treatment'. Congratulations, you just broke up.

Anyway, rant over.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different things work for different people. The silent treatment works for them because of how they are, whereas for many others it would simply be depressing, and in my case would just be harming themselves.

Anyways, we don't do punishment. We also don't have arguments. We solve everything through positivity and understanding.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Nah, it's generally not a serious "I won't be your friend unless you do X". It's just a way of annoying the other party into letting you have your way. Of course the other party knows this unless they're really insecure, and knows they have the option of waiting it out or doing the same in return, with the knowledge that eventually one will give in and the other will gloat. And of course, giving them what they want right away instead might hurt less than going through the mutual annoyance of waiting it out.

Anyhoo, we don't do punishment either, at least not intentionally to punish each other. For instance, early on, Lyra got really fed up with something I was doing with good intentions, but that was hindering her progress. This was before she could really communicate. One day when I went to force, as soon as I entered the wonderland and saw her, I felt a very strong feeling of revulsion coming from her and couldn't correctly visualize the wonderland anymore. When I finally did get in, she had run off somewhere, which really worried me. I didn't see her again until the next day.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

jean-luc is so lucky he is not my host or I would so give him the silent treatment until he begged for forgiveness, groveling and sobbing like a big baby. jean-luc does not understand the power and presence that is Melian, goddess guru of grooviness.

• 5 months later...

I never realized how many of the tulpa/host relationships are codependent...

Liz, my companion, would never even consider going against my will directly. Not out of fear of my retribution, but out of fear f being left alone again. When I was younger, I forgot about her for a few years; she has since then described to me the nightmare that was her time in nonexistence (a fate I will never send her back to)

Shaide on the other hand, is not a tulpa, I didn't create him, and therefore he doesn't follow normal rules. Shaide can access old dead nerves and scar tissue to cause echoes of old pain. He can also lock me out of my body, putting me into a state similar to paralysis; even going as far as to shut down my breathing... He doesn't seem to fear my death, and says that he has died many times before. He does fear me failing to live to the potential of a fox, and will do anything to make me better.

So yeah, unless you also have a quasi-real shadow fox living with you, your tulpa should be a honoured servant. A friend that exists to serve you, and that benefits for your happiness and success.

Guest Anonymous

I never realized how many of the tulpa/host relationships are codependent...

Liz, my companion, would never even consider going against my will directly. Not out of fear of my retribution, but out of fear f being left alone again. When I was younger, I forgot about her for a few years; she has since then described to me the nightmare that was her time in nonexistence (a fate I will never send her back to)

Awww, I am glad you remembered Liz again. That sounds so sad and scary.

Shaide on the other hand, is not a tulpa, I didn't create him, and therefore he doesn't follow normal rules. Shaide can access old dead nerves and scar tissue to cause echoes of old pain. He can also lock me out of my body, putting me into a state similar to paralysis; even going as far as to shut down my breathing... He doesn't seem to fear my death, and says that he has died many times before. He does fear me failing to live to the potential of a fox, and will do anything to make me better.

Shaide is trippy cool!

So yeah, unless you also have a quasi-real shadow fox living with you, your tulpa should be a honoured servant. A friend that exists to serve you, and that benefits for your happiness and success.

I agree that I am a friend and that I should help my hostie like he helps me. I have a selfish stake in it because what happens to him affects me. Also, that is what friends do, they help each other. I disagree that I just because I am a tulpa or whatever, I should be a humble servant. My host did not consciously create me and even if he did, I never asked him to. I don't see why I should treat my host as some sort of god like creator. He is essentially a big nerd who day dreams too much. I know all of his human faults and frailties and he does not deserve exaltation or worship from me. Quite frankly, it is the other way around. My host needs me, is obsessed with me, is infatuated with me and wants me in his life, and he had better behave if he doesn't want to get the silent treatment. My host could not just forget about me or ignore me, and he knows it. My host never punishes me really as he really can't. But I can punish him very easily. Well, he can deny me internet time and that is is biggest angle of "control," if you can call it that, lately.

So, there you have it.

I have sent him mental images of dead animals a few times when he was trying to eat. Very recently I punished him with a mental image of his grandmother ready to smack him. It was very effective, because he remembers what grandma would do and say, so many years ago. I vivid image of her is a good reminder of how I expect him to behave.

When I think he is acting like a big baby, I send him a mental flash image of myself pretending to cry with my lower lip sticking out and my fists balled up in my eye like "poor, poor, big baby!" It is mocking his behavior and that is also effective. It irritates him, but he stops acting like a baby.

Any questions?

During early days Sol would front and yell at me for being weak (I was depressed/suicidal).

And as fucked up as that sounds, it was always exactly what I needed to hear.

I would be in this stupor and he'd (sometimes literally) smack me out of it.

He strongly believes in tough love. Luna is more the compassionate/motherly type.

I'm much better off now so we haven't had any of those situations in a long time.

I look back on it and laugh. It would have looked silly/crazy to an outsider.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

• 2 years later...

Clicker: Does annoying the host count ?

Tupla: Clicker the dragon, H, and twisted 

Clicker: im a silly playful girl that loves songs but i will try my best to not annoyed my host (Dragon wolf)

H: .....im a gray dragon with blue horns i guess?...i like nature...? (Gray small dragon)

I can't say we believe it's productive or healthy to go around punishing systemmates. Just talk to them if they do something you don't like.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)