host->tulpa subconscious exploration

Decimal

While accounts of tulpa exploring/altering the subconscious minds of hosts exist (and tulpa guiding their host), I have yet to hear any of the host doing the same in the mind of a tulpa. Have any hosts here done so? (though, admittedly, the host can be ambiguous in some systems)

I honestly do not want to, since if their "origin" in the wonderland stayed true to its subconscious, then that would be some terrifying stuff that mortal minds were never meant to glimpse.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Yes.

I wish I did not.

Now I'm curious as to what happened...

I honestly do not want to, since if their "origin" in the wonderland stayed true to its subconscious, then that would be some terrifying stuff that mortal minds were never meant to glimpse.

If that's the case, I'd kind of feel bad for the tulpas...

Everything we perceive is reality is all interpreted by our heads. So technically, even though only their tulpamancer can see them, tulpas can be said to be as real as anything else.

I do not mean it in a way that is tragic or whatever. My tulpa had a lot of inspiration from Lovecraftian mythos, so it is not something explicitly bad. Just... incomprehensible.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Guest Anonymous

I don't think I have a separate and distinct unconscious mind. If my host tried to explore it, he would be exploring his own mind or at least our combined unconscious. For that matter, I agree with my host that I don't have a truly independent conscious mind either. I am an aspect of a larger mind or a facet of a larger mind. It is a matter of perspective, but that model seems to fit us very well.

We have done both, though symbolically. My first tulpa, Lyra, guided me in finding some things in my mind and in trying to change them in some way. She's also shown me things in her mind, in a similarly symbolic way. Both ways, it was her leading me to things since she generally has far better access to and perception of subconscious things than I do. I think this applies to many tulpas, simply because they're usually in a detached, lucid-dream-like state while hosts (or whoever's switched in) are tied to the body and more beholden to physical senses.

[hidden]

While working with Lyra on communication, I would meditate a bit in our wonderland. When my mind was reasonably clear of thoughts and expectations of what I might see, I invited her to show me a place. I let the center of my visualization of the wonderland fade and held her head in my hands while she tried to direct what formed there. We did this a few times and it was an interesting way to bond before she could really speak. Sometimes she took me to pleasant or odd places, other times they were pretty clearly representations of things in her mind.

For instance: (Early on I made a library to represent my memories. The first floor was open to her from the start and had things like stories and movies. Higher floors were more personal things that I'd let her into later when I felt I could trust her.) One of the places she took me later on was a different library, with some books in one section and mostly empty shelves elsewhere. I took it as just another place until the second time she brought me there, when I looked in some of the books. I can't often read visualized text and could only get a little out of these, but they were clearly diaries of her memories.

[/hidden]

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

Mistgod-Melian: Chupi, this is all very Jungian. People were exploring the unconscious mind via memory houses and inner imaginary personas long before internet tulpamancy. Very cool stuff!