Tulpa Study Update/Announcement: Study Announcement: New survey & the Final Stretch

Guest fordaplot

Guest fordaplot

Over seven months ago, I began working on a project that I hoped would shed light on the positive effects tulpas often have on the lives of their hosts and the potential this has in the context of mental health. After a half year of researching, misstepping, learning from those missteps, making connections, and general trudging, I am pleased to present the final data collection process for my observational study.

The following is a link to a survey that seeks to explore the relationship between plurality and mental health. The questions are designed to contrive a comparative analysis that may identify which aspects of tulpamancy cause its therapeutic effects. The overarching goal is to develop a hypothesis as to whether there is a correlation between tulpamancy and improvements in mental health, mental disorders, and neurodevelopmental ones, and if so, the cause of this relationship.

Survey Link

At the end of the survey, you will be asked if you are willing to be contacted for follow up questions or an interview. The purpose of this is to investigate in depth some of the specific phenomena that I noticed in my pilot survey and research. For example, tulpamancy systems diagnosed with schizophrenia that are willing to answer follow up questions may be sent a questionnaire that asks how the tulpas are affected by the disorder, whether they are independent of it, and how interactions with tulpas differ from hallucinations.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or advice, please don’t hesitate to send me a message or email me at tulpastudy@gmail.com

TL;DR: Take this survey, for science!

--Ford

Original study announcement (6/23/15): http://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-tulpa-study

Change of plans (8/04/15): http://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpa-study-update-change-of-plans

Tumblr: http://fordaplot.tumblr.com

Thanks to everyone who already participated in the random samples on .io, .im, and .info. If you already completed a survey through those, there is no need to submit another.

Neat survey!

Also, when I saw that you signed your post as "Ford", I went back up and mentally went through the post hearing it in J.K.Simmons' voice (he voices Ford in Gravity Falls) XD

Everything we perceive is reality is all interpreted by our heads. So technically, even though only their tulpamancer can see them, tulpas can be said to be as real as anything else.

Guest Anonymous

Took the survey.

Esterina's not here at the moment, but I'm sure it's safe to say that both me as well as her would be glad and ready for any follow-up questions or interviews. ^^

Greets,

AG

Filled it out. I should mention it's probably a good idea to shoot me a PM on here if you email me about the follow up stuff. I rarely check my email. I was the one who gave the ******27@live.de address.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.

Filled it out! I feel like I already filled this out in the past though. Maybe it was just a similar survey.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

Thanks to everyone who already participated in the random samples on .io, .im, and .info. If you already completed a survey through those, there is no need to submit another.

You aren't really supposed to take it again if you have before. But most people haven't seemed to know that so far. You should make it more apparent in the OP, Fordaplot. Having people take it twice makes for bad statistics.

Unless you mean you don't want to bother us by having us do it twice, but aren't actually using the old statistics. In that case, it needs to be made even clearer.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas