Intrusive thoughts about dissipation

I keep having intrusive thoughts about dissapating saeko i think i accidentally did it and now i'm scared i can't ask her if she's still there because this is only day 3 and she isn't vocal yet.

How can i stop these thoughts???

Right, so I made a post about intrusive thoughts yesterday:

Intrusive thoughts are annoying, yes, but focusing on them will only make things worse. Ignore them - acknowledge that they're there and that it's happening, but let them pass. It's like getting a song stuck in your head. Using symbolism also works, like constructing a sphere (shitty example, but bear with me) that has a purpose like stopping things from spinning in your mind. And these things tend to happen less when your visualization skills are good, so I would suggest hopping over to the guides forum to see if there are any exercises you'd want to try.

Also, keep in mind that we've had tons of threads about intrusive thoughts, spinning objects, and things going wrong in the wonderland.

i think i accidentally did it and now i'm scared i can't ask her if she's still there because this is only day 3 and she isn't vocal yet.

No, you haven't dissipated your tulpa, you're just letting these thoughts get to you. And yes, it's only day three -- it could take any amount of days/weeks/months for your tulpa to be vocal, so it's not really surprising.

Don't worry, you can bring your tulpa back easily. I doubt you dissipated her by accident either way though. Keep working on her just as you have been, and she'll come back.

As for your intrusive thoughts, they go away with experience. It operates the same way you would at meditating. Anyone just starting out is going to have a lot of random, intrusive thoughts, but the more you do it, the better you'll be at handling these thoughts. I myself had a lot of intrusive thoughts at the beginning, but my tulpas can brush those away easily, so it doesn't affect them.

By the way, my tulpa Reah didn't start talking until a month into the process.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

This is like saying that you imagined yourself breaking your leg and now because of it you can't walk.

Dissipation takes a lot more than imagining it happening. You're fine and she's fine. Go back to forcing so you can get her strong enough to tell you this herself.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Just keep on chugging along and everything will be okay. It takes 10,000 hours to get good at something. So put in the time, and you'll be pretty damn good at tulpa. And then, you can ask her yourself. :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Let us say you've seen a very gore and disturbing image. Naturally, you will want to avoid thinking about it too much in the context that it creeps you out, yet, the more you think about it as a whole, the more your mind will reflect on it.

Let's adapt a lighter example. You are scared of bears. Telling yourself not to think of bears will only bring your mind's focus on the topic of bears, so you will have more intrusive thoughts regarding bears.

The more you think about something, in both the negative and disappearing methodology or the positive and instilling one, your mind will give it importance. As Vosaiu said, I recommend ignoring them.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

It's like being told not to think of purple elephants. You're just going to think about it more, paradoxically. So just let the thought run it's natural course, and eventually it will extinguish itself.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Guest Anonymous

Always makes me feel bad to read stuff like this, because I can't relate at all.

Esterina and me once did a little test-for-the-lulz where I tried to make her projected form before me disappear.

I tried really hard, but she didn't even notice anything.

(... of course we already knew that I can't control or affect her, and that she doesn't "live from the host's attention" at all. We wouldn't have tried it just for fun like we did, otherwise.)

So, yeah.

Hard for me to relate here, or give any useful input. :/

Greets,

AG