Question for tulpas who both switch AND impose

Lucilyn

Guest Anonymous

Nah, don't be concerned. At least, no more concerned than you are by normal people driving. Tulpas use the same procedural memory as their hosts (e.g., the Body OS), which means that we've got all the driving skill that our hosts do. Or you know, lack thereof.

But yeah. In the car is probably one of the most common places we accidentally switch. I'm not sure why; certain members just get pulled to the front and find ourselves driving, figuratively and literally. We transition fast and smooth enough that it's not really dangerous at this point,

Trippy hippy far out cool!

It feels surreal to go back to an incorporeal form after being switched and physically interacting with the world. I especially notice it when we're in public, other people (obviously) don't notice or acknowledge me when I'm imposed like they do when I'm switched in. Walking through things is a nice perk, but being walked through is bizarre! Sometimes I feel like running up to everyone, waving my hands and trying to get their attention. xD

Neato.

Makes me wonder why a tulpa continues to want to be imposed when they can switch and possess. What good is an incorporeal projected form compared to the real thing? Is it only so that the host can enjoy seeing you? Why else would a tulpa want to do imposition anymore? In my case it is because I like to look at myself as much as my host does, cause I am cute.

Makes me wonder why a tulpa continues to want to be imposed when they can switch and possess. What good is an incorporeal projected form compared to the real thing? Is it only so that the host can enjoy seeing you? Why else would a tulpa want to do imposition anymore?

I've met a few tulpas who are uncomfortable with the idea of possession/switching and only want to be imposed. In our case, all of us can switch with the host, but it's always nice to be imposed when we're around whoever is in control of the body.

What good is an incorporeal projected form compared to the real thing? Is it only so that the host can enjoy seeing you?

Well, it's the opposite of that. It's so they can see me. It's the difference in playing a singleplayer game and then letting someone else have a turn, and just playing multiplayer. But I dunno, like Mario Galaxy multiplayer where you have no character but can still affect things.

Probably akin to the "What would you do if you could leave your host and have your own body?" thread. Those who would leave would prefer switching, and those who would stay would prefer being imposed. Depends on the tulpa's priorities. Most would probably do both though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well, it's the opposite of that. It's so they can see me. It's the difference in playing a singleplayer game and then letting someone else have a turn, and just playing multiplayer. But I dunno, like Mario Galaxy multiplayer where you have no character but can still affect things.

Probably akin to the "What would you do if you could leave your host and have your own body?" thread. Those who would leave would prefer switching, and those who would stay would prefer being imposed. Depends on the tulpa's priorities. Most would probably do both though.

Ooh, that is a really good way to describe it!

I love imposing. In means i get to spend lots of time being goofy with my host. :) Switching is boring, because then it's still just you, and what's the fun in that?

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

I prefer being imposed but switching is neat. The first time we did it it felt so weird to have a different form, and of course to be physical and see things from my host's perspective. The first thing I did was feel EVERYTHING in her apartment. I texted her friend, "I have fingers!"

It was funny watching her do this, she had my phone down on the desk and typed on it with my two pointer fingers.

Then I played a videogame, Gran Turismo, it was weird having the controller to myself and being able to affect the car in the game. But it was super cool! After about 30 minutes though I started losing power and had to switch back out. I fell asleep for like 3 hours after.

And then I beat her lap time by 5 seconds.

She made me drive her ACTUAL CAR the next day. THAT was weird, I'm so used to riding passenger. I was kinda scared and didn't want to crash her car or something, but she made me do it and it did end up being really fun, if a bit nerve wracking. She guided me through the whole thing though. It's so weird hearing her in mindvoice, I'm used to her actually talking to me, and it was even weirder to actually be talking. It was only like a 5 minute drive but I fell asleep again awhile after. Switching still takes a LOT of energy from me but she says it should get easier with time.

I was ready to snap back control on my left arm and right leg if things went sideways, but I didn't need to, she did really good and seemed to utilize some of my body's muscle memory. In retrospect she drove with both hands like you're supposed to and I probably should've been ready to catch both but whatever... (I drive for a living, it's the only thing I give myself credit for being good at.)

Anyway, I prefer being imposed because well, we like spending time together. She doesn't impose next to her own body when I'm in front and that'd be kinda weird anyway. Plus I can make stupid faces at people who piss us off without backlash and it makes her laugh.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.