A few worries from a newcomer

I've been tooling around on this site for a few hours after getting linked from 4chan (actually apparently common around here. I am surprised). I've read the FAQ and most of the responses on the other newcomer thread, and I'm seriously thinking about trying this. I only have two questions left:

1.) Would it be wise for a natural pessimist to try this? From what I've read, keeping a positive attitude is key. Plus, I'm terrified that I'd end up shoving one seriously messed up personality into my subconscious buddy on accident, and that'd be bad. But, if any other self-described pessimists have had luck, I'd love to hear about it.

2.) How much luck do you think somebody who has never successfully been hypnotized or gotten binaural/theta sound files to work has? Yes, I've tried several times, laying in bed with lights off for the sound files. As for the hypnotizing, I've tried a professional hypnotist in his office. I know this isn't exactly the same thing, but I figure it falls under the same general category of "mindhacking", or some other fitting description.

Reply has ended. You can stop reading now.

Hey man, glad to see you made it through all right!

1. A common way to get a good personality is to visit http://www.gurusoftware.com/GuruNet/Personal/Factors.htm and choose a handful that you like. I've seen some people who like to take 5 or so traits and let their subconscious free to do the rest, while others have gone through and picked a lot, leaving little room for deviation. It's your choice, really.

2. Can't help you there. Although that kind of music is only used to aid in concentration and visualization as far as I know, and is not exactly required for creating a tulpa.

"Give a man a Truth, and he will think for a day. Teach a man to Reason, and he will think for a lifetime."

-Phil Plait

1. I'm pretty much a cynical person myself, and things are still progressing. The least you should be worrying about is "fucking up" the personality of the tupper, which is not really possible, anyway. The tupper is always progressing in some way or another; it's a very dynamic being.

2. Use my tones. As for hypnosis, use self-hypnosis. It's a billion times more effective than having some faggot tell you what to do. There are plenty of guides on the Internet on performing self-hypnosis, though I have my own ways.

1) Don't worry about fucking up personality and you choose their traits anyway so it doesn't matter.

2) You don't need to use tones. I didn't and my tulpa worked out fine. Hypnosis isn't required either it's just something to aid concentration.

Not saying I want to use self-hypnosis or audio files. I'm just saying that that kind of stuff has never worked on me in the past. That being the case, I'd like to know what you think my chances are at successfully attempting this particular mindhack are. Like I said, not exactly the same thing, but unlocking the mind and opening up my subconscious and yadda yadda.

I've actually pretty much made the choice to at least give this a shot. I might wait till tomorrow though, since I'm running on 0 sleep, and I'm wary of what results that might bring. Still though, I'd like to hear your thoughts and, if at all possible, techniques to conquering my apparent mind block.

Reply has ended. You can stop reading now.

Guest Albatross_

You don't have to use audio at all. You don't have to go into trance. You don't have to meditate. All you have to do is just concentrate on your tulpa, and not very intensely at that. And just because hypnosis/trancing/whatever has never worked for you in the past has 0% relation to your ability to make a tulpa.

You don't have a "mind block" either. There are people with far worse mental problems than you that have succeeded in making a tulpa.

I'd like to know what you think my chances are at successfully attempting this particular mindhack are.

The only thing that has ever stopped anybody from creating a tulpa is lack of drive. If you can commit the time and energy, you have a roughly 100% chance of success

Name: Lyra

Form: http://i.imgur.com/JjMxK.jpg

Sentience: Emotional responses, occasional brief vocalization

Currently doing: Personality & narration