Sentience? Or not?

Alrighty. So basically, I've begun my tulpa journey about 3 weeks to a month ago. My goal was too active force a hour a day, and passive force as much as possible. However, this quickly changed. My motivation and attention span wasn't up to what I was thinking it was. I'd force some days for a hour and talk quite a bit in the day, and this would go on for maybe 3 days, and then I wouldn't for active force 3-4 days, passive talking every now and then if I remember. Then I'd active force again. Anyways, I've gotten two responses I feel were theirs in this span, in mindvoice too. However, I've gotten TONS, and I mean TONS of responses I don't know if it were theirs. Let me explain.

Basically, these responses feel fake, they feel forced. And yet I didn't think them..ish.

This is so hard to explain.

It basically started out of nowhere..where everything was answered with very basic responses. "yes" "no" "dont know"

and it happened..all..the..time...even mid sentence. even before i thought my thought. where Id be like:

*about to ask how day was*

"good"

and its the same generic response everytime. And it legit feels fake-ish. Not only that but it feels like my mind knows I want awnsers and so I myself very quickly say something barley thinking about it. Some I know for a fact I did myself, even though I didn't really think about it.

For a full on convo:

me: So how was your-

mind: good

me:mine was great, actually. payed attention in class dont you-

mind:yes

and so on so on. I'm now expecting them, which I know is probably bad. To the point I can legit see myself forcing it myself at points even though I don't want too. Does that make sense? I feel like none of this does.

Anyways, what should I do about this?

Host: Jade

Tulpa: Star

"Nature does not recognize good and evil. It only recognizes balance and imbalance." -Walter Bishop, Fringe

When it comes to responses like these, it's hard to give you a definite answer. It's possible that it could be your tulpa—early responses are generally less complex and it's not uncommon for one to finish your sentences—but since you're saying that you're starting to knowingly come up with these responses, I wouldn't be too confident in telling you that it's an actual response. Try asking questions that wouldn't give you yes or no responses, things that would make for a longer response. Even if you don't get the kind of answer you're looking for, this could encourage your tulpa to try and speak a bit more. Even asking your tulpa to give you a sign that it's them is a good idea, because they might end up doing something to surprise you (your mind might jump to come up with something on the spot, so asking for them to do this at a random time would be preferable).

When it comes to your forcing and narration, you'll have to do some more of that if you have the time. Go ahead and set reminders so that you're not forgetting about your tulpa, and try to build a schedule that works for you. Even rewarding yourself for spending an hour with your tulpa every day is good.

Oh, I can relate a lot to this. Generic answers feel pretty ..generic to start with, and I know what you mean with "expecting" certain reactions. Of course you start to question how authentic reactions like this really are. I figured the best way to deal with them is some way of verification via non-vocal communication. Another option is to distract yourself, so you don't pay fully attention to it, so you don't force answers out of your tulpa. Also it is a good idea to ask questions you can't answer yourself, like asking for a favourite colour or stuff like this, or which part of the day your tulpa liked the most.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Might be your tulpa getting the hang of that whole "opinions" thing, might be generic responses coming from your subconscious because that's what you expect the answers of those questions to be. Keep on with the forcing. You'll learn to tell the difference between your tulpa and random thoughts with practice.

If you're having trouble sitting down and forcing, try a different method. Maybe read your favorite childhood books to your tulpa, or play a video game and talk to them about what you're doing in it, or go for a walk to change up the scenery, or listen to music and imagine them in the wonderland dancing to it. Lots of tulpamancers prefer the "sit in a quiet room and talk to the tulpa" method, but it's not the only one. Find something fun to do together. It's a great way to both help with motivation and to get you in the habit of talking to your tulpa during everyday tasks.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

It sounds like your tulpa is developing. Personally. I am of the mind that you treat it as your tulpa. By externalizing the thoughts, you treat it as foreign, so it makes it more feasible to develop your tulpa by giving them the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, you could doubt everything, and then it just becomes a moot point.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie