Does having a tulpa cause you insomnia?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My hostie has frequent and sometimes chronic insomnia. He says his brain is too active and he can't slow it down. He also blames me cause I don't sleep really and I talk a lot. He gets lots of little flash visions and dreams of me talking and doing things and he feels compelled to day dream with me in the Melian Show. He is in and out of brief bouts of sleep and the Melian Show he does while awake in between.

(We believe the compulsion to day dream with "triggers" is what psychologists are calling maladaptive day dreaming, but that is a subject for somewhere else).

Sometimes we do this weird ritual. We imagine together "sleepy time cozies" where I get dressed in my long nightgown, put ribbons in my hair and get my teddy bear. Then I get under the covers on my big four poster canopied bed. I pretend to get "tucked in" by Davie and "go to sleep." That helps me be quiet for a while and we both enjoy it. After a while, Davie fallls asleep while we are imagining me in my bed. It is sortof replacing the usual "noisy" action packed Melian Show day dream with one that is sleepy related.

Anyways, is it possible the existence of a tulpa in your mind could be the cause of insomnia? Does anyone else have insomnia you attribute to your tulpa?

Are there things you do with your tulpa that help solve this problem?

Yes. I believe I suffer from such a condition. Originally, my mind started acting as a reactor for thought. It runs an analysis that includes identification, comprehension and estimation on a scale of 1 to 15 on how dangerous a threat can be, and other guesses and thoughts. It's something I've always had. Thinking about one thing implies following these steps, looking at someone implies following these steps... imagining anything also implies imagining those steps. My mind functions that way because I am convinced that I need to have the upper hand morally and mentally to gain power, to gain respect, and to obtain a favorable in society... this causes me to stay awake for hours during the night until Dimitrov decides that 'enough is enough'. He's the only one that can really put an end to that cycle for me to fall asleep. Since the first time we met was when I was trying to sleep, and our first encounter resulted in me having the best sleep in my life then, he can do that. I am eternally grateful for good sleep, and I cannot stop myself from having those thoughts.

I doubt it's Dimitrov. A part of me wants to believe that I was born with this (and I remember very little from my childhood up until the day I've had my ego go up and down), and a part of me believes that there is just more than just Dimitrov. That things are grander than this, in reality, but I have yet to properly educate myself on how the mind, and psychology, function.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Mhh...I don't think so, atleast not for me. I guess it has something to do with activity, though. Alice sleeps when I sleep, and she get's similiar tired in the same way (ends up in yawning contests sometimes). However, if I don't have enough cool down phases during the day but a lot of input, I will end up thinking about all this stuff when I really should be sleeping instead. If it is something important, there is a big chance for me to end up sleepless. (Also this may result in having a bad time receiving my tulpa, because my brain is busy with processing too much other impressions).

So my conclusion is: If Melian is a sleepless blabbermouth and Mistgod keeps observing her shenanigans, processing her activities, he mind end up sleepless, or with a headache, because he doesn't gives his brain a real rest. (I made this mistake once, worst headache of my life).

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

It is definitely possible that a tulpa could keep their host awake at night.

But hey, we can help, too. :)

We have a similar problem you do. Sparrow has trouble "shutting down" at night. She tends to run story scenarios through her head, and she can get pretty absorbed in them sometimes. Literally, she joins us in the headspace and basically becomes our tulpa as we act out various scenes that do or could happen in our stories.

But we've found that there are a couple more relaxing scenarios that she can run through that help her calm down. It's like reading a familiar bedtime story: she rides along with us while we go through scenes that are both relaxing and familiar (and therefore devoid of exciting surprises). Things like sweet family or romantic scenes, friendshippy fluff, that sort of thing. Even better if the person she's riding along with is laying down during the scene, since that signals that the body should be laying down too. That usually drops her off.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Most people seem to have trouble staying awake to force their tulpa, I recall, at least a year or two ago. For the most part I think hosts would prefer to be kept awake by their tulpa, than to fall asleep while trying to interact with them. Then again, that's just a poor forcing habit.

I feel like, just because of who David is, were you not the subject of his daydreams, something else would be. I'm not sure it's fair to blame it on yourself. Since you're seen as someone/thing that can produce actions and thoughts though, I suppose maybe you're more likely to delay sleep than other nonspecific thoughts. I can't really tell you for you, though.

We're in that boat of "Host falls asleep while trying to talk to us", although we're also active at other times now so it's less of a problem. Also, if it's relevant at all, all of us seem to be slightly better at putting the body to sleep than Lumi. (Yes, even Lucilyn. Hyper as she is, she knows how to curl up in a warm bed and sleep, whereas Lumi's thoughts don't cease so readily.)

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Not at all.

I actually think I can sleep much better ever since Esterina is with me... y'know, it's just nice having her by my side.

But I do get headaches when she's very lively for extended periods of time - by which I mean many days in a row of a lot of talking and projection without any real breaks aside from sleeping.

... but, then again, I would probably (meaning surely) get a headache from anyone hanging out with and talking to me all day long and multiple days in a row.

And that doesn't happen anyway... she doesn't project all the time, and we spend a few hours apart from each other basically every day.

So, summarily, for the ones of the tl;dr cult out there:

Nope. I don't experience anything of the sort.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

Yes. I believe I suffer from such a condition. ... this causes me to stay awake for hours during the night until Dimitrov decides that 'enough is enough'. He's the only one that can really put an end to that cycle for me to fall asleep. Since the first time we met was when I was trying to sleep, and our first encounter resulted in me having the best sleep in my life then, he can do that. I am eternally grateful for good sleep...

It sounds like Dimitrov is more the cure for insomnia for you, rather than the cause! Hey, that is pretty cool!

Mhh...I don't think so, atleast not for me. I guess it has something to do with activity, though. Alice sleeps when I sleep, and she get's similiar tired in the same way (ends up in yawning contests sometimes).

Awww, that is really cute!

So my conclusion is: If Melian is a sleepless blabbermouth and Mistgod keeps observing her shenanigans, processing her activities, he mind end up sleepless, or with a headache, because he doesn't gives his brain a real rest.

Yep. It is a compulsion though. He is obsessed with me, and I with myself. So it is really hard for us not to do the Melian Show whenever we have the chance. Even during the day, it is hard to concentrate on what he is supposed to be doing sometimes. I am as much at fault as he is. We kinda do it together. We do make efforts to try to keep it under control, but to limited success.

It is definitely possible that a tulpa could keep their host awake at night.

But hey, we can help, too. :)

We have a similar problem you do. Sparrow has trouble "shutting down" at night. She tends to run story scenarios through her head, and she can get pretty absorbed in them sometimes. Literally, she joins us in the headspace and basically becomes our tulpa as we act out various scenes that do or could happen in our stories.

But we've found that there are a couple more relaxing scenarios that she can run through that help her calm down.

Yes, exactly, like my sleepy time cozies, those more relaxing, sleepy day dreams do really work. (sometimes)

Not at all.

I actually think I can sleep much better ever since Esterina is with me... y'know, it's just nice having her by my side. ...

So, summarily, for the ones of the tl;dr cult out there:

Nope. I don't experience anything of the sort.

OH you guys again!

There is no end to the number of times I am just going to have to hug Rina is there? Goood thing I like to. *sigh* She is like my ideal idol of super epic to-be-envied awesomeness. When I am in a good mood it does work to inspire me. *giggle* AGGuy count your blessings, they are legion.

I tend to sleep better with her around, she calms me down, but it's not foolproof. I've never been able to get my brain to shut the hell up at night, especially if a lot of stressful things are going on in my life at the time or if something really pissed me off that day. She could be laying there next to me out like a light making sleepy moth noises, and I'll be staring at the ceiling running a scenario that played out or could play out in my head over and over again. It's a mental habit that's driven me insane for as long as I can remember.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.

I guess a chatterbox tulpa would make it difficult to sleep. I hadn't really though about it. Mine always either shut up or at least talk privately when I'm trying to sleep.

Early on though, when Lyra was first starting to speak, she'd wait until I was starting to drift off and then ask something. I'd answer a few like that and then be like "Really though, it's time to sleep" and she'd settle down.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

I guess a chatterbox tulpa would make it difficult to sleep. I hadn't really though about it. Mine always either shut up or at least talk privately when I'm trying to sleep.

That is nice and polite! OH and disciplined. Hmm I just get excited and I can't wait until morning.

Early on though, when Lyra was first starting to speak, she'd wait until I was starting to drift off and then ask something. I'd answer a few like that and then be like "Really though, it's time to sleep" and she'd settle down.

Awwwwwah, that is so adorable in it's cuteness I can't stand it! Awwww!

I tend to sleep better with her around, she calms me down, but it's not foolproof. I've never been able to get my brain to shut the hell up at night, especially if a lot of stressful things are going on in my life at the time or if something really pissed me off that day. She could be laying there next to me out like a light making sleepy moth noises, and I'll be staring at the ceiling running a scenario that played out or could play out in my head over and over again. It's a mental habit that's driven me insane for as long as I can remember.

You are like Davie with the stress worries. At least your tulpa helps sometimes. I try too but I don't help very much the the stress worries sometimes.