A problem with my tulpa's creation

Knifos

Hi everyone ! I want to create a tulpa, but I've got a big problem... I'm gonna tell you as fine as I can, I'm french. ^_^

I've hesitated about my future tulpa's physical Appearance, and I can't do my choice. Each time I think "I'm gonna take this appearance", I think "but I might be happier with the other one"... How can I choice ? It's so hard, I need your help...

Also, will my future tulpa be vexed because I have this long and big hesitation ?

Thanks for your futures answers. Excuse me again for being french. :D

I moved your thread to the tulpa related Q&A section.

About your problem, well you simply will need to make a call, or wait how it turns out later on, since the visual appearance isn't fully necessary for the development of the tulpa. Your tulpa will be able to alter aspects of the form you choose, and you can change things aswell, if you feel that you're not comfortable with it. However, try not to make it a habit to change the appearance all the time. You simply need to make up your mind, we can't decide that for you.

Also, will my future tulpa be vexed because I have this long and big hesitation ?

If you go on with it? Maybe, but tulpas tend to be really forgiving about a lot of things, so no need to panic.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Hello, Knifos, and welcome to the tulpa.info community.

It is essential to understand a simple concept: the tulpa itself is not the form. Upon looking at others, and even at yourself, the form constitutes the appearance, and allows for others to make a judgment. The way you look like is the key to social acceptance and social respect, appreciation and cooperation, in a superficial way. But what matters inside you, and inside each and every one of us, is what we stand for. I mean traits, characteristics in personality, small quirks, likes, dislikes and opinions that make us who we are.

With that in mind, I hope you understand that the form a tulpa has is not the actual tulpa within itself, such as your mind is not the body.

You can leave the decision to your tulpa when they reach vocality. We wish you luck.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

You don't need to decide on a form right now. If you're more comfortable with it, you could use a placeholder like a ball of light or some wireframe character, and then work on developing the form later once you have a better idea of what you'd want. Alternatively, you could just keep from doing a form for now and work on that with your tulpa once they're able to give their input. I don't think that this will affect your tulpa negatively as long as you don't continue to see it as a big issue.

Guest Anonymous

Dun really know what to say.

It's simply a decision you'll have to make sooner or later, and there's no real tips one could give you about "how" to make that decision.

But I'll still say that I think it's a good idea to pick a form that fits your tupper.

Y'know... we normally-born humans change a lot in our personalities throughout our lifetimes, and a lot of it comes from how we look, whether we know that or not.

And the other way around as well - we change our looks based on what we are like, and what we want to look like; not to the same extent, sure, but in terms of clothing, hairstyles and so on.

So try to think of your tulpa as a person - what're they like, and what're their tastes?

And pick something fitting, something that you will both surely be satisfied with, based on that.

Greets,

AG

So try to think of your tulpa as a person - what're they like, and what're their tastes?

The issue with this is that newbies often don't have a good grasp of what they'd want their tulpa to be like, and a lot of them skip personality altogether. If Knifos has a good grasp of what they'd use for that, I'm sure it'd show in whatever form they choose.

I would at least start out with a base form that you'd like, for example, a human, and just give them something like a plain t-shirt and pants to start off with and let them choose the details as their personality develops. I mean, we can change our clothes, hair, accessories, etc., and take on a completely new look, so why not a tulpa?

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.