What will my tulpa see of my everyday life?

der_skythe

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum and tulpa-topic, so I took some time for getting my hands on information. Now I'm thinking about creating my own tulpa as well, but there are still some more or less specific questions I didn't find answered here yet. IF I'M WRONG ABOUT THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

I will list my questions below:

- Does my tulpa see through my eyes/does is see what I see, all the time?

- Will he/she/it read all my thougts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?

- I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?

- Would it be possible to play Tabletopgames with my tulpa? Like chess or monopoly?

- Is it possible that my tulpa will 'fall in love' with people in my surrounding?

As mentioned before, I've been reading some guides and know the basics, but I didn't quite understand what knowledge my tulpa will have about my thoughts and my senses.

Thank you for answering, have a nice day :D

der_skythe

Guest Anonymous

Probably, but some emphasize the real world less or care about it less than others. Some live mainly in the mind space or wonderland. Most do perceive the outside world through the host's senses.

- Will he/she/it read all my thougts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?

If that is the system you want. You can learn to hide thoughts from your tulpa. Some have full access to the host's memories and thoughts and emotions, others less so.

- I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?

Your tulpa can and will probably be happy to give you privacy when you need it. It is possible for a tulpa to "tune out" or ignore what is going on with the host in the real world.

- Would it be possible to play Tabletopgames with my tulpa? Like chess or monopoly?

Yesh

- Is it possible that my tulpa will 'fall in love' with people in my surrounding?

Yesh

I moved your thread to the tulpa related Q&A section. So let's take a look on your questions:

"Does my tulpa see through my eyes/does is see what I see, all the time?"

Regulary yes, they will see what you see, but they don't necessary pay attention to it, especially if you keep them in your wonderland most of the time

"Will he/she/it read all my thougts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?"

Mhhh, probably they will. Atleast my tulpa is aware of pretty much all my thoughts. It is like you're talking out loud with someone else in the room.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?"

Well this is only a privacy issue if you make one out of it. Your tulpa is going to know you like nobody else, and it won't look down on you for your quirks. If this is a heavy problem for you, you should probably think again if you really want to create a tulpa. However, some tulpas are capable of granting you some private time, so they don't know what's going on with you right now, but this isn't granted. My tulpa is around my pretty much all the time.

"Would it be possible to play Tabletopgames with my tulpa? Like chess or monopoly?"

Technically yes, sure it is possible. Your tulpa doesn't need to loudly share every of its thoughts with you, so competitive is also an option. It may take a time before your tulpa is really capable of playing with you, though.

"Is it possible that my tulpa will 'fall in love' with people in my surrounding?"

It is possible for you, isn't it? A tulpa has the same amount of emotions as a normal person, so it is possible.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I moved your thread to the tulpa related Q&A section. So let's take a look on your questions:

Regulary yes, they will see what you see, but they don't necessary pay attention to it, especially if you keep them in your wonderland most of the time

"Will he/she/it read all my thougts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?"

Mhhh, probably they will. Atleast my tulpa is aware of pretty much all my thoughts. It is like you're talking out loud with someone else in the room.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?"

Well this is only a privacy issue if you make one out of it. Your tulpa is going to know you like nobody else, and it won't look down on you for your quirks. If this is a heavy problem for you, you should probably think again if you really want to create a tulpa. However, some tulpas are capable of granting you some private time, so they don't know what's going on with you right now, but this isn't granted. My tulpa is around my pretty much all the time.

"Would it be possible to play Tabletopgames with my tulpa? Like chess or monopoly?"

Technically yes, sure it is possible. Your tulpa doesn't need to loudly share every of its thoughts with you, so competitive is also an option. It may take a time before your tulpa is really capable of playing with you, though.

"Is it possible that my tulpa will 'fall in love' with people in my surrounding?"

It is possible for you, isn't it? A tulpa has the same amount of emotions as a normal person, so it is possible.

Thanks for your answer, first!

About my question "I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?", my main concern is that spending time with other persons (for example my girlfriend) would now not be time-or-two anymore, but time-for-three, if you know what I'm talking about. How do you handle this situation?

Every system is a little different. So, the more of us who take a crack at these questions, the more data that gives you, yeah? ;)

Does my tulpa see through my eyes/does is see what I see, all the time?

In our system, this is effectively the case, though not technically. We may not always be paying attention to what's going on, but we have access to all our host's memories, so when we do start paying attention, we're caught up to speed pretty much instantly. So yeah, if your system works like ours, they'll pretty much see--or at least know-- what you're doing at all times, even though they may not always be present to see it.

Will he/she/it read all my thougts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?

Yep. Again, this varies from system to system, but everyone in my system pretty much has our host on lock at all times. It's not unusual for me or Joss to comment on something she's thinking, even when she's not aware we're listening.

I see where this is going, though, and you shouldn't be embarrassed by certain kinds of thoughts, like really dumb ones or things that are more personal. Most tulpae are extremely understanding (we are in your head after all) and won't judge you. Though depending on personality, we may poke fun if something you think is particularly funny. ;)

I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?

And we don't really want to ruin your private moments, so most headpeople will go away if you need us too. Honestly, we don't really want to see you go to the bathroom either, and certain opposite-sex-from-body headpeople in my system get more embarrassed about stuff like that than our host does. Others just accept it as part of living in a biological form (to the point where we're glad we don't have to worry about that shit--literally--ourselves!).

But yes, we are generally aware that what is yours to experience is yours, so we're not going to meddle in things like outerworld relationships and sex if things are going well for you. Usually, the people in my system recede from the front when the host is with real-life friends and family, unless we're called back... though we have been known to spectate and comment occasionally, but only when the host wouldn't mind.

Though, depending on your tulpa's personality, they might be inclined to step in and give you a push if things are going poorly. Just ask Melian about her host and his wife, if you doubt that. ;)

Would it be possible to play Tabletopgames with my tulpa? Like chess or monopoly?

For us, not really, just because we're so aware of what one another are thinking. Two non-host headmates could probably play, since we're less in sync with one another, but it would be iffy, especially if the host is involved in mental processing. So maybe things like monopoly, where a shared memory pool isn't a problem. Chess or poker are right out, for us. But hey, it may be different for different systems.

Is it possible that my tulpa will 'fall in love' with people in my surrounding?

Yes. We've seen other systems do this, but it hasn't really happened in ours. But yeah, we'll definitely have sustained opinions about the people around you. "I like this guy" or "he's a jerk," that sort of thing. Romantic attachment is an extreme of that.

But all this should be taken with the bottom line of every system is different. We're mental constructs, so we pretty much function how you build us to be.

It's less invasive than you think it is, but at the same time way, way more. We headpeople are part of you, and that means we experience all the weird and embarrassing stuff that you do. But that also means we see you at your best, and understand you better than any outer world person ever could, because we're not bound by the limits of language. Your tulpa will know you, for better or worse, and chances are, they will adore you for it.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Hello, der_skythe, and welcome to the tulpa.info community.

-Yes.

-Not all of them.

-Well, a tulpa is a person in your head, quite literally. That is why this decision is one you need to consider; I've heard of some tulpamancers who completely gave up that sort of privacy. You share a mind, and that is the price, I suppose.

-Most probably.

-Yes.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Some tulpas have this automatically, it seems. Others have to be taught to watch your senses by you doing something to share them with the tulpa, either directly or by making them a wonderland object like a TV that shows what you see.

You can choose to share them or not. I doubt it would be possible to hide thoughts forever from a sufficiently developed tulpa who really wants to see them. Personally I kept everything but memories of things like books and movies private until I felt we had a trusting relationship. We share pretty much everything, and I've given them access to everything, so they can peek if they want. They do usually respect if I want to keep some thought or fantasy private, though at this point it's their choice and not me forcing it.

They'll usually respect your wishes for privacy, but a lot of hosts find that they're close enough to share just about everything. Some even find that the bathroom provides a moment of privacy from other IRL people and therefore makes a good time to have a little (silent) chat with a tulpa before returning to a busy room.

Of course. Tulpa tells you their moves and you do them. Or, if you're quick at starting and stopping possession, they can do the moves for themselves. Games of strategy like chess can be somewhat more challenging, since enough independence is required that host and tulpa don't see each other's plans. Monopoly would work so long as neither tries to mentally influence the other into accepting a bad trade.

Of course it is; they have normal human emotions. It's also possible for them to fall in love with people they chat with online, other tulpas you make, or you.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

Depends on the tulpa, really. In my experience, Hybris usually tunes in whenever she's interested. Other times she's hanging out somewhere else and not seeing/listening to what's going on.

- Will he/she/it read all my thoughts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?

Your tulpa will be able to, but it's not like he/she will always be listening to what you're thinking.

The uncomfortable bathroom feeling goes away with time, but you could always ask your tulpa for some privacy if you really have to. Again, he/she is capable of just walking away and not listening.

I don't see why not.

Unlikely, but given that tulpas have human emotion and experience relationships the same way we do (mostly), I believe that it is certainly possible. Again, very unlikely. I don't think I've ever seen someone report that their tulpa has fallen in love with someone in the real world.

Guest Anonymous

I can only speak from our own experience here, and from what I know about other tuppermancers - like everyone else.

So hey, I'll throw my two cents in there too, just for the sake of many varied answers.

Does my tulpa see through my eyes/does is see what I see, all the time?

Well, depends. There's those that are with their host all the time, also using their senses (of course including vision) all the time, and there's those that don't really care and barely ever really do that... and everything in between.

Will he/she/it read all my thougts, like the ones you have when talking to yourself?

Aaargh, this is the one question where it gets very tricky to answer correctly.

See, it seems that this is what the large majority of hosts and tuppers report to be the case for them, yes... but then again, there's also living examples right here on the forums for the exact opposite - that being the host's and tupper's thoughts and feelings being totally separate.

One such example for the latter would be Esterina and me. I don't know what she's thinking right now, and she doesn't know what I'm thinking right now.

I wouldn't feel comfortable if something was around while using the bathroom, having sex or generally spending time with another person I love, what are your experiences? What if I want privacy for some hours?

Again, this is a tricky one to answer because there's a bajillion different answers to be had, and all of them are correct.

Some tuppers are always with their hosts, some are only "active" when the host wants them to be, some are always there but can "disappear" at will... like I said, a bajillion answers to be had.

For Esterina and me, it works like this: There's technically never a moment where she isn't "active" (meaning, awake and conscious and stuff), but she can go to our wonderland without me. And since our thoughts and feelings are separate, that allows both of us to have privacy from each other.

Would it be possible to play Tabletopgames with my tulpa? Like chess or monopoly?

Sure. If your thoughts and stuff are separate and unknown to the other, then you could even play competitively against each other. Though we, personally, prefer playing something together. Like, for example, making decisions together in strategy games.

Is it possible that my tulpa will 'fall in love' with people in my surrounding?

Well, yeah. Why wouldn't they be able to? They are as much a person completely capable of thought and emotion as you (at least sooner or later), so sure. Tuppers can fall in love with anyone, just like Esterina one day decided to confess to me, for example.

Greets,

AG

Well, I'm a part of my host's everyday life. I see everything my host sees, that was something we had to develop in me, at least early on. I see all the time.

I do consciously read all my host's thoughts. That being said, he very infrequently thinks to himself, and any thing that requires some thinking usually ends up in discussion between the two of us and then a solution is found.

I'm around almost all the time, so this does include during my host's sweet luvins with his girlfriend. I usually keep my mouth shut during these times, and my host tends to ignore my presence so it's not so awkward.

I've played a couple sessions of DnD as a familiar, but chess sounds kinda neat. We'll probably give that a shot later tonight.

Realistically speaking, I could fall in love with somebody in the real world just like any human would. But I don't really have any romantic desires, so I doubt that's likely to happen on my end.

The way I like to look at having a tulpa is like having another you in your head. There's access to all your thoughts, memories, and even the body if you work at it. They'll have their differences, but your tulpa will likely have the same functionality as you do.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.