Birthdays.

Evil

Guest Anonymous

Eeeh... complicated.

Thing is, we don't know when Esterina was born (she has something like amnesia about her earliest days, and I wasn't aware she even existed)...

... we treat the day we started talking as her birthday, though; that's the 21st of November.

Y'know, since that's the day she truly started living in the real world, and taking influence on the real world.

We could of course treat the fictional Esterina's birthday as hers in every regard - since she does identify as her - celebrating her 16,674th birthday sometime soon... but the date of that birthday can't really be properly "translated" into a real world date, so... larblgharb. ^^

In the end, we'll treat it like this:

She's 16,673 years old, yes, but we will use that date of November 21st as her birthday.

Problem solved.

And of course it's gonna be celebrated.

Not sure yet how, though... hmm...

... oh well! There's enough time to think about it.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

I started work on Hybris on June 11, 2014. We had some kind of a mini-debate over which day should be her birthday, the day we made contact (7 days later), or the day I started working on her, and we agreed that we should celebrate the day I started working on her. We didn't really do anything special for her first birthday, which I kind of regret, but I'm planning on doing something special this year.

I probably should do something more dedicated for my toop's birthday when it rolls around, but I treat it like a holiday. Spend some nice time with 'em, get them a gift for the wonderland. Stuff like that.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

For Al's birthday, which was the 29th of September, I put some research into other plural communities, but that kinda came up short and kinda disappointing. Al doesn't know what he wants for his birthday, maybe I'll just end up taking the day off and spending the day with him. He said he'd like that.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

• 3 months later...

We decided my birthday would become my tulpas' birthday too. It's easier that way because if anyone has anything specific in mind that they want then I can hint at it to my parents and they'll have a higher chance of getting their wish.

Chanda also already feels sort-of connected with the date of our birthday and feels it's right that we celebrate our birthday together because of how close we are. We're a bit like sisters/twins so that makes sense.

My tulpa is now about 9 months old. He's looking forward to his Birthday on 20th of September. [i want cookies!!] yeah, you can have some cookies then. ^^

We'll celebrate with candles and maybe a present. I don't know what - I'm still looking for. But I think the party will be awesome. :)

~Chi and Ly~

My tulpa is kinda an odd case. I didn't make her or even know what she was. She found me in a twilight sleepy state and I never wrote down the date she appeared to me, but it was sometime in July 2010, so we actually celebrate two things.

Alex said that July 20th (I don't know if that's accurate but who am I to argue) is the anniversary of us coming together, but that her actual birthday is June 16th 1991, a few months before I was born!

She's weird in that I got a fully developed person with prior memories to me, and that she's actually older than me. She's either turning 7 or 25 this year lol.

Technically, Jamie's birthday is somewhere in September, as that was when the first initial inkling of a concept for the storyline that he originates from came into my head. That was September 2014, specifically, so he's technically not yet 2 years old.

In his own universe, Jamie's birthday is June 6, 1990 and he died September 15, 2013, at 23 years old.

As he exists now, he has the ability to choose what age to present himself as, staying within the parameters of ages 16 through to 23. He usually chooses 21, with 17 being a close second.

As for how we celebrate birthdays, I acknowledge his birthdate of June 6th as his true birth date. He made a microwave mug cake, but other than that, there was no big celebration. I think he's a bit removed from the concept of birth dates after having been floating through space and time for a while now.

Unfathomable. You know, without fathom.

[align=center]I'mma build you from the ground

Til you're higher then the clouds

I can see it in your soul

If you only knew your worth

The kinda love that you deserve

Every piece of you makes me whole[/align]