Add/ADHD help.

LittlePip

I'm completely new to this website so please excuse any noobish errors.

Ive known about tulpas and tulpamancing for a while now (since the creepypasta was writen). I've done research and read guides, but none of them help me.

My main problem is that it is impossible for me to concentrate on one thing. My mind wanders to any number of other things. Whether this is due to ADD or ADHD I do not know, I've never been diagnosed with either, I just know that its similar.

Does anyone else have this problem?

How can I work around it?

Thanks for answering and helping.

Oh, one last question. I read that people have said that you don't need to focus on personality. If not that what do you focus on?

My main problem is that it is impossible for me to concentrate on one thing. My mind wanders to any number of other things.

It just seems like you're having an issue with focus, and that's common if you haven't done anything like this for long periods of time. If your mind wanders and you notice that you've derailed from whatever mental track you're on, take a minute to clear your mind and jump back into whatever you were doing. If the issue is that you're forgetting to narrate, have something visual that you can use to represent your tulpa, like a string that you tie around your finger, or a phone background if you check that often.

Oh, one last question. I read that people have said that you don't need to focus on personality. If not that what do you focus on?

It means that you don't need to do personality or that you don't need to put a lot of time into it - it's completely optional. Instead, you'd put all of your time and effort into both narration and visualization (the latter assumes that you'll be using a form).

Guest Anonymous

I'm completely new to this website so please excuse any noobish errors.

Ive known about tulpas and tulpamancing for a while now (since the creepypasta was writen). I've done research and read guides, but none of them help me.

My main problem is that it is impossible for me to concentrate on one thing. My mind wanders to any number of other things. Whether this is due to ADD or ADHD I do not know, I've never been diagnosed with either, I just know that its similar.

Does anyone else have this problem?

How can I work around it?

Thanks for answering and helping.

If you're having trouble focusing on forcing, perhaps the problem is that you are losing interest during forcing sessions. Try coming up with something fun to do while forcing.

As for personality, you don't have to focus on it, but it's recommended to at the very least lay some sort of foundation for personality because it just speeds things up in the long run. After all, if your tulpa really wants, it can just deviate later if it doesn't like it's personality.