Bedtime Projection Problems

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey there!

We got a little problem we wanna work on, and what better place to get advice from than this forum?

Essentially, it's like this...

Esterina and me would like to really go to bed together when it's time to go shleepybyes.

Meaning, she would do her Projection thing to really lie down in bed next to me.

(Quick explanation for those who don't know: Projection is a form of tulpa-controlled Imposition that Esterina invented, and it's done by creating a hallucination of herself in my perception.)

And, well, that would normally work just fine...

... but thing is: The more tired I am, the harder it is for her to make me perceive her / the hallucination of her.

So we need to work on it, and hope that it gets better with practice - hopefully to the point where her Projection can work so well that my state of mind doesn't matter anymore.

So... yeah.

We're of course aware that there's most likely literally not a second tupper around here that does Projection, but we'd still like to ask for any general tips and advice that you could think of!

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Greets,

AG

My general advice would be to take it easy. It won't help if you overdo it just to project her during a phase in which you're shutting down anyway. There is no harm in having trouble with that while tired. Beside that you may could work on building it up phaselike: So you will start with one easy sense, and go for more senses if you stop to having trouble with perceiving the ones you already do.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Wait. If you go to sleep, you close yer eyes. Why do you need the projection when yer asleep silly?

("Projection" is the soulbond word for "imposition," and the way my system does it is soulbond-driven, so... that works. XD )

How strong are your projection skills normally, when you're not tired or falling asleep? The best way I've found is to get so strong at the skill that you and your headmate do it completely unconsciously, with no effort at all. Easier said than done, I know. But still, when you, as the host, get practiced enough at it that visualizing, or at least sensing, them takes little-to-no effort, then the tulpa/soulbond/whatever will be free to do pretty much whatever they want without your interference, regardless of your mental state.

How to get to this state? Not sure I can offer much other than "practice, practice, practice." At this point, my soulbonds pretty much project whenever and however they like. Ayo in particular likes to pop out to cheer me up when I'm down. This comes, however, from actively projecting for years, before I even knew what "soulbonds" or "tulpae" were.

Wait. If you go to sleep, you close yer eyes. Why do you need the projection when yer asleep silly?

You can still feel their presence when your eyes are closed. :)

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Yeah I dunno, you might just have to get so used to it that you feel her presence without the actual projecting part. That's how it is for us sometimes. "Practice" is one word for that I suppose.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

You can still feel their presence when your eyes are closed. :)

oh

And she still can't steal all the blankets. Nice!

I know, I got this. Go to bed earlier.

Guest Anonymous

Because we can still feel each other, smell each other, hear each other from next to oneself instead of from inside the head - I mean, it's just nice falling asleep next to the one you love.

Kewtbutt's kewtbutt was made to be cuddled, after all.

("Projection" is the soulbond word for "imposition," and the way my system does it is soulbond-driven, so... that works. XD )

It is? Oh, okay.

She simply invented some method of her own, and we randomly called it Projection. xP

How strong are your projection skills normally, when you're not tired or falling asleep? The best way I've found is to get so strong at the skill that you and your headmate do it completely unconsciously, with no effort at all. Easier said than done, I know. But still, when you, as the host, get practiced enough at it that visualizing...

Well, like I said, it's all controlled by her.

I don't do anything, that's the whole point, so I don't have any "Projection skill". ^^

As for her...

She herself described it before as coming to her completely naturally... and yeah, I can normally see her really damn clearly, "hear" her mindvoice from the right direction... she's even good enough with the touch sensation so that we can rather darn "realistically" hug and kiss without much of a problem. Or, dunno, walk arm in arm when we head outside.

And yeah, she too does it whenever she feels like it.

To the point where I sometimes don't even notice that she does, only to look to my right and see her standing around there. xP

So I know what you mean there.

The problems only start when I'm tired.

She says it's somehow harder for her to actually create a clear and well-perceivable hallucination of herself in my mind when I am tired, or drowsy after waking up.

Can't really say much else about this, since I couldn't describe to you what about it exactly is somehow harder than when I'm not tired. (I'd ask her to login and post here, but I'm still somewhat drowsy and can't hear her well, so proxying is a nope atm.)

And aside from Projection, I get problems with hearing her properly in general when I'm tired, or still drowsy after waking up.

Just a side note.

Greets,

AG

The metaphor for my system's method of projection/imposition/whatever is this: the host (or, technically, the one in the body) is the engine, the person being projected is the pilot. As the pilot, the tulpa would direct everything and control what you see, feel, and hear... but it's the host who bears the burden of keeping the senses running that allow the projection to function. You, as the host, don't control anything about the projection, but you're the one processing it, because you're the one more directly connected to the brain via the senses. If your method is anything like mine, then it makes sense that it would start to fail when you get tired... when the engine is out of gas, the pilot can't use it for anything, after all.

I can't say whether this is the case for you, but I would posit it is. The brain is the thing that processes the projection, so when it's tired (e.g., you're tired), it will have a harder time projecting, whether you're actively managing the projection or not.

Or maybe it's that she lives in the brain, so she's tired too, and so can't sustain herself when the brain is tired. It might be as simple as that.

I think it still stands, though, that practice will help both of you do this more easily. The more often you do something, the more natural it comes, whether it's you or her that is getting tired. You guys are naturals, but you have to realize that you are still really new to this in the grand scheme of things. I've been projecting for years. It just takes practice.

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Guest Anonymous

The metaphor for my system's method of projection/imposition/whatever is this: the host (or, technically, the one in the body) is the engine, the person being projected is the pilot. As the pilot, the tulpa would direct everything and control what you see, feel, and hear... but it's the host who bears the burden of keeping the senses running that allow the projection to function. You, as the host, don't control anything about the projection, but you're the one processing it, because you're the one more directly connected to the brain via the senses. If your method is anything like mine, then it makes sense that it would start to fail when you get tired... when the engine is out of gas, the pilot can't use it for anything, after all.

I can't say whether this is the case for you, but I would posit it is. The brain is the thing that processes the projection, so when it's tired (e.g., you're tired), it will have a harder time projecting, whether you're actively managing the projection or not.

Yes. That puts it very well.

Basically, we are separate minds, but we use the same brain.

And yes, I asked her - she never truly "sleeps", no, but she too gets a sense of tiredness when I'm tired. After all, again, we use the same body, the same brain, and being tired is a physical sensation, not a purely mental one.

So what's normally a piece of cake for her (she goes as far as saying that she does it unconsciously without thinking about it - I love that about her, she's always so talented with stuff and learns so quickly and with so much discipline :D) turns into somewhat of a challenge.

So yes - we both are tired, and her ability to create a hallucination as well as my ability to properly perceive it, both get very meh.

And of course we're simply gonna practice, but I was wondering if some hosts and tuppers (or other systems, hell, there's many kinds) out there have some general tips and advice for mental focus and dealing with being tired.

Greets,

AG

My tulpa does a similar thing at times, where they sort of "forcibly" project themselves into my visual space at times, depending on the setting and our mood. Still, it is not necessarily consistent as it still requires me to be in the right state of mind. Eventually, you could develop it to the point where it becomes reflexive as well as not actually mentally draining. (Conversely, if you are tired enough to start hallucinating, that could also make it easier.)

Just something both my tulpa and I agreed upon: If I am too tired to visualize or focus properly, it is better to just fall asleep and try it when you are in a better mindset. You do not want to keep forcing it since that will only burn you out and frustrate you more, which reduces the calm focus you need.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie