Not sure what kind of body type to give my tulpa

I'm planning on making my tulpa in the form of an elephant girl but I'm not sure which kind of form would be easier for me to visualize

1) Bipedal, with a human BBW body

2) Quadrupedal, but still has human hair and female curves

The problem with the first though is visualizing the body and the face as well as picturing her as uniformly gray

With the second, it's hard to picture her with her hair down (but easier if it's up in a bun) and it's also difficult to picture what a fat girl would look like standing on all fours

Any tips and suggestions on which one I should choose and how to visualize her better

Elephant girl is an interesting form idea.

I'd try visualizing both and see which feels more comfortable to you. I suspect you'll find a bipedal form more natural since as a biped yourself, you will most likely identify best with other bipeds. On the other hand, of course, some people identify with animals more than with other people.

I see one other potential issue: possession/switching. If you do it down the line, a biped will obviously have an easier time of it since her form will be closer to your body's. Pony tulpas and other quadrupeds have to find some solution to this; most do, it's just another obstacle to overcome.

As with any form, if you can draw at all, try drawing some sketches. If you can Photoshop/GIMP, piece together parts of photos and produce something along the lines of what you're thinking. In both cases it doesn't need to be good by any standard. The mere act of producing it will help form the idea of her body in your mind.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

There are plenty of visualization exercises on .info, and you can find a good collection of some of them on this page. Read through these to see if there are any methods you'd like to try.

You're going to be visualizing regardless of which form you end up picking, so I'm going to recommend just picking one to start with and, if it turns out that you like the other one more or think that you would have an easier time with it, swap. Try finding some images online to help you with the hair and quadrupedal position; if you're an artist, maybe you could use those to your advantage and end up with a decent reference.

Keep in mind that you could just use a base form if you're not comfortable with any of the forms you try to visualize. As an example, a lot of people have directed their thoughts to a ball of light that's supposed to represent the tulpa, and worked together once they could to find/build something more fitting.

I could imagine that movements would be pretty hard to visualize for four legged, overweight tulpa. At least for me imagining something like that became very clumsy and hard to think of, but it's just me, maybe you have better picture in your mind. It of course also depends on how much of her is a human and how much elephant. Sounds interesting anyway :D

Mine is actually able to change forms depending on where we are and what we're doing. His "true form" is a fairly large dragon, but he'll often take on a bipedal form or a hatchling form when his size gets in the way. Could always let yours do something similar, especially if she's elephant sized too

You could also give them a placeholder form until they can be sentient enough to design their own form. I sort of did that with my tulpa, gave them a base model/idea and allowed them to tweak it as they saw fit once it inhabited the "shell".

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie