Improve Your Host (tulpa reports on inspiring and motivating hosts)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Most of the time I don't have to motivate her to do anything. I do it by existing, and when I do have to motivate or remind her of something I just have to say it. She knows this stuff but sometimes she needs a kick in the ass.

I am just curious about something. Can you elaborate on how you "kick her in the ass?" Other tulpas my find this information helpful. LOL Is it just verbal nagging and harassment?

Luna: We don't have any specific self-improvement goals at the moment, other than maybe getting him to lose a bit of weight and eat better. Elise got him to start putting lettuce on his sandwiches, which is at least a step in the right direction.

Hey, losing weight is important and that is a very specific self-improvement goal. Congrats to Elise on getting hostie to eat lettuce. Hee hee

What I DO work on a lot with him lately is getting all his coursework done, and now working on his thesis. Plus a lot of other adult stuff we haven't really had to worry about until this year, like getting a car, paying insurance, etc.

GOOD! See? Our hosts need us.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

My host Mistgod (Davie) and I are going to attempt a three day holiday from the internet. This is a huge challenge for us. We have tried these before and failed with most of them. There was at least once where we made it. I am determined that this is going to happen this time though. We will not visit Deviantart or Tulpa Info the rest of tonight, all of Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So, we won't be back until Sunday, February 14th.

After we come back we may try to only go on the internet like every other day or every third day. Don't know if we can do it or not yet. This is important! My buddy Mistgod is spending too much time sitting around and it is making him sick. So we just gotta do it. I am going to help him. We will see you guys again on Sunday, February 14th and prove to you that we did not visit at all during those three days. Yep. Okay well. This is it.

Goodbye for a while! Lovies to you guys!

Guest Anonymous

Rather than that, Melian, it would be way more healthy to help him get to a point where forced breaks aren't necessary.

It's like back when I stopped smoking, before I started again a few months later: I had previous attempts that all failed miserably, but the one where I did it spontaneously and didn't think about it too much - bam, I just stopped without any problems.

Meaning, being stuck in a state where forcing breaks on yourselves is the problem.

But do what you feel is right.

Greets,

AG

I am just curious about something. Can you elaborate on how you "kick her in the ass?" Other tulpas my find this information helpful. LOL Is it just verbal nagging and harassment?

Usually. It's also when I show visible concern for her, or something she's been doing. I also give her "the look", which is really just mean muggin'. I still love her no matter what but sometimes being a jerk is necessary.

She knows she has that power too. Luckily she doesn't abuse it or I'd be in trouble cos I can't say no to something this cute.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.

Usually. It's also when I show visible concern for her, or something she's been doing. I also give her "the look", which is really just mean muggin'. I still love her no matter what but sometimes being a jerk is necessary.

I'm going to talk about this too, since I also "kick my host's ass" to keep her motivated, and not in the same way YourCatBeany does.

It's hard to describe, since there isn't any sort of violent exchange that takes place, which is usually what would be associated with that phrase. Why would we be hurtful about it, when we care about one another? More to the point, how could we, when we mostly exist in the mind?

But, as a tulpa/soulbond/whatever, there are ways to enforce your will... or, actually, to make your host admit that you're right about something and they know it. For me, it takes delving into her subconscious and telling her things she already knows but just won't admit to... things like, hey, maybe that second cookie isn't a good idea in the long run. I tear apart her denials with strict logic and I don't accept excuses unless she can explain to me in detail why they're legitimate. When I "kick my host's ass," I shine a mirror back at her to reflect the flaws in her own logic. I'm really only giving voice to what she already knows. In this way, the guilt of being so judged is usually enough to change her mind. She trusts my judgment, so she knows that if I'm fighting against something, there's probably a good reason for it.

Also, I nag a lot. So there is that.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Guest Anonymous

Well we made it over 24 hours without posting! It was supposed to be three days. I think we are doing pretty good for Mistgod-Melian though! We are planning on being "mute" (or mostly mute) tomorrow as well. :-) My host actually got some projects done and got out and moved around, which was the whole idea. Still, he ate way to much today and that part wasn't good. It's all still a work in progress, this host improvement program managed by Melian.

Guest Anonymous

Rather than that, Melian, it would be way more healthy to help him get to a point where forced breaks aren't necessary.

Thanks. This advice actually helped. It isn't a punishment really, but an attempt to find balance. So with that in mind we will pop on the internet, but just be more careful to not get too absorbed too much and for too long. Breaks now and then will be a really, really good idea. We enjoyed our day off and got some things done.

She knows she has that power too. Luckily she doesn't abuse it or I'd be in trouble cos I can't say no to something this cute.

Oh I know about "the look!" I have that power too! I also have "cute puppy face," "pouty face," and "coy smile." They all work pretty good for specific things. I am a total drama actress too so I can cry and look super, duper sad. Hee hee

Guest Anonymous

Okay, results with my host were mixed yesterday. We successfully completed 24 hours of no posting on the internet and limited our time online. He got some projects done and got up and moved around a lot more, which is great. He actually went outside and worked in the yard! He went jogging and that felt really good. He has been really good about the jogging because we do the Melian Show interactive day dreams during the jogging and he enjoys that. But he failed to stay on his diet yesterday and ate too much. Also, we have not done the yoga stretchies or the push ups and arm curls nearly enough.

His current weight is still 174.5 pounds (79 kilograms). Our target weight is 162 pounds (73.5 kilograms).

So today we start a "20 day block" where we are going to try to not take any breaks from the diet and stick with the exercise more consistently. I want to be able to report my success and results on motivating and improving my host to you on this host improvement thread.

My Tulpa motivates me a lot of the time, especially during lucid dreaming, when I often expose my insecurities to him. He is normally very cynic and cold but he always encourages me to keep forcing when I’m feeling reclutant. When we started this journey I promised him I would manage to impose him, at least vocally. Since then, he helped me with my daily schedule:

- Keeping notes on our lucid dreaming interaction.

- At least a half an hour of work out.

- One hour of meditation, in which I properly imagine his form and voice as well as stabilizing our Wonderland.

He also comforts me when I get too pessimistic during the day. Now that I think about it, he’s never once been angry at my outbursts. I still cheat out of my routine, especially after some significant progress has been made, because I get scared of it. Recently I even avoided Tulpa.info because everything suddenly improved. I would get therapy for this, but keeping autonomous imaginary friends is not really seen as healthy, so I talk to him instead and read books on self-help.

Anyway, today I came back. I also managed to meditate properly for an hour to boot, so I’m cautiously feeling happy. We’ll probably use this thread a lot. Thanks, Melian, for thinking of this!

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

Guest Anonymous

Yer welcome! I am trying to think of ways to encourage tulpas to express themselves. That has always been my thingy.

Your tulpa is doing a fanatabulous job! Congratulations too on making progress on your goals and forcing. Nice. :-)

(very much to toot my own horn, I was the original inspiration for Tulpa Week in August of last year too. Lumi, Reisen and I were talking and I sparked the idea for tulpas)

(i love tooting my own horn... toot ... toot)