A Chat Room for Tulpas

Guest Anonymous

So, whatcha think 'bout that idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. So, whatcha think 'bout that idea?

• Yeah... sounds pretty neat.
    • Go home, AG, you're drunk!

Nothing is stopping you from making your own channel for this sort of thing. There is #tulpachat on Rizon, but it's just full of idlers. I wouldn't mind seeing a revival.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As nice as this sounds on the surface...it won't work. I don't say this from prejudice, but experience. There's also the fact that, activity wise, #tulpa.lounge is one of the only tulpa related chatrooms that gets much activity, and even that sometimes goes to nothing, and is reliant on a small handful of people posting a lot. Most folks on the chat are lurkers.

Whenever I see a "tulpa-only" chatroom or forum section made, it either quickly becomes a ghost town, or never even has enough activity to become a ghost town. Any sort of posting is rare, and the thought folk who really want to talk will already be doing so on the regular forum, without a need for a specific space for them only.

And, as you all may have noticed, most folks on these boards are very, VERY bad at starting discussion. They tend to wait for someone else to say something, and if there is no topic made for them to post in, they will be happy not posting at all. This is a thing that has been the norm for a long time, and has gotten more extreme even. For the most part, Melian and newbies are the only ones posting new topics.

So, with the above in consideration, I feel that, unless the people who are in charge of the forum are dedicated to seeing it have activity, and are willing to pump it back up when it seems to be dead (Like I do with my own irc channel, and also the Art section), you'll just end up with a useless limb of a board.

Peace

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

...and the thought folk who really want to talk will already be doing so on the regular forum, without a need for a specific space for them only.

This man makes a good point.

If tulpas are really feeling unable to speak out in the original chatroom, instead of making a special channel maybe there needs to be more encouragement for them to speak in the main one.

Not that my system ever goes to the chat, so I don't know what the environment is there, exactly. Take my opinion with a grain of salt.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Guest Anonymous

Oh I would have fun with that! Oh the possibilities. I would also love the ability to poke peoples.

Reading this report should give you a good idea of why the shoutbox was removed.

I know why the shoutbox was removed, but I disagree with the decision of removing it. I felt there should have been a compromise with the shoutbox. While some bad behavior did develop, there was also a lot of good that came out of it as well. Every time I was on, I or anyone else would help newbies that asked for help there. If things really did get that bad, a moderator would of been a great solution.

The shoutbox was also a place for members to chat and relax without garnering too much attention like a thread would. You could argue that that's what the IRC is for, but it's not quite the same. It worked for a few weeks, but people eventually left, one by one, including me. A lot of people I looked up to ended up leaving the forum after the shoutbox's removal, unfortunately.

The only legitimate reason I think was the burden on the server, but even that was worth it.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

If you're going to say that it's not the same as the IRC, you could explain why you think that's the case.

Every time I was on, I or anyone else would help newbies that asked for help there. If things really did get that bad, a moderator would of been a great solution.

The shoutbox was also a place for members to chat and relax without garnering too much attention like a thread would.

This doesn't sound any different from what the official Rizon channels are. If you're looking for something on the forum, the

general chat thread could be a bit more active.

Back to the tulpa-only section, if you're looking for something on the forum, the tulpa chat thread that Melian mentioned should work just fine.

If you're going to say that it's not the same as the IRC, you could explain why you think that's the case.

This doesn't sound any different from what the official Rizon channels are. If you're looking for something on the forum, the

general chat thread could be a bit more active.

Back to the tulpa-only section, if you're looking for something on the forum, the tulpa chat thread that Melian mentioned should work just fine.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough, but many of the members liked the shoutbox because it was on the forum. Many of the regulars would keep coming back because of this. The official Rizon channels do not work because many people do not want to go to another website just to talk. Having it on the forums made it easy for everyone to communicate and they didn't need to go out of their way to pop open another website to chat. I know you may think that's just people being lazy, but experience talks. The shoutbox irc someone made to replace the actual shoutbox is completely dead at this point. It lasted for a couple months at most. If it was still on the forum, this wouldn't be the case at all. Redirecting the shoutbox outside of the forum was a bad idea; that community doesn't exist anymore.

As for the chat threads you mention, it's alright, but it doesn't have the easiness that a chat box would have. Some people may feel inclined to make large posts (even though they don't have to), and that problem doesn't exist in a chat box format. It's just more relaxed and easygoing. The thread format turns most people away; and the lack of activity of those threads speak for itself.

I'm not trying to incite an argument here, but is is how I legitimately feel about this.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough, but many of the members liked the shoutbox because it was on the forum. Many of the regulars would keep coming back because of this. The official Rizon channels do not work because many people do not want to go to another website just to talk. Having it on the forums made it easy for everyone to communicate and they didn't need to go out of their way to pop open another website to chat. I know you may think that's just people being lazy, but experience talks. The shoutbox irc someone made to replace the actual shoutbox is completely dead at this point. It lasted for a couple months at most. If it was still on the forum, this wouldn't be the case at all. Redirecting the shoutbox outside of the forum was a bad idea; that community doesn't exist anymore.

As for the chat threads you mention, it's alright, but it doesn't have the easiness that a chat box would have. Some people may feel inclined to make large posts (even though they don't have to), and that problem doesn't exist in a chat box format. It's just more relaxed and easygoing. The thread format turns most people away; and the lack of activity of those threads speak for itself.

I'm not trying to incite an argument here, but is is how I legitimately feel about this.

This.

Pretty much.

Well put, I second that post.

Greets,

AG