A Chat Room for Tulpas

Guest Anonymous

So, whatcha think 'bout that idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. So, whatcha think 'bout that idea?

• Yeah... sounds pretty neat.
    • Go home, AG, you're drunk!

I'll use a shoutbox but I won't use the IRC.

Feels more homey and friendly, more like a platform for a daily "Hello!" than the void that is the IRC. No offense, I just really don't like IRCs.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a person that uses both the IRC and the forum regularly, I can see some issues with the way things are set up. The one of most importance, I feel, is that it separates the Tulpa.info community into two groups. I've already seen the problem it causes: the two groups have a tendency to either look down on, regard with contempt, or stereotype the other. Over time, it turned in to Forum vs. IRC, and bitterness was all over the place when it really didn't need to be.

At this point, the irc and forum are separate groups of people, and trying to push them together would be difficult, especially those who have had scuffles with those on the other "side".

That said, I can't really argue for a shoutbox effectively, so I will not. The server issue does seem like a legit concern. I just wanted to weigh in on why folks don't like the idea of going to the IRC now.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

My only problem with a shoutbox for the forum is people will use it like the IRC. Shoutboxes are supposed to be drop-in quick conversations or discussions, but for some reason I just know people will have huge textwalls of conversations on it. Maybe the IRC just needs to be more easily accessible or something, it doesn't seem very inviting as-is imo.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Seems like the two communities just need to know whats going on... maybe just start up a thread called "The best of IRC" Where people can post interesting quotes from IRC, to draw more interest in it, like reporters or something :P

Seems like the two communities just need to know whats going on... maybe just start up a thread called "The best of IRC" Where people can post interesting quotes from IRC, to draw more interest in it, like reporters or something :P

I recall that there was a thread like this in the past.

Eh, you could probably c/p some stuff from the #tulpa.info channel whenever someone explains something interesting in a coherent way. Examples of how people help each other, generally.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

We already have one. I am quoted in it somewhere, of course. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-irc-quotes?pid=131767#pid131767

• 5 years later...

The OP of this beginner question thread posted before this post, but that post and others were moved to this thread. -Ranger

Didn't realize this thread existed lol. Looks like it got a wee bit derailed there for a sec, so let me weigh in on a 5 year old conversation-- I think a shoutbox would make sense. I've seen shoutboxes work well on other forums and they can really serve as a tie between different facets of a given community. So yeah, I'm casting my vote for the addition of a forum shoutbox. 

Edited by Ranger
Added link and post context

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space