Sudden Activity

My tulpa has been quiet and motionless ever since I created her a few months back in 2015, but January of this year she finally talked. Obviously this is great, her first words! An entire month went by of her saying a few things here and there and then yesterday, we had our first full conversation. But since that convo, she's been talking at the rate and pace of what I can only assume a fully developed tulpa would. This is both great and startling, great because she can talk and express her opinions finally but startling because I'm still working with her form, she's talking through her temporary one atm.

tl;dr and just a general summary of my question: Is it normal/possible for a tulpa to go from talking on occasion to full-blown convo's on opinion in a day? I sometimes think that this is me parroting, but a few things she has said are things I would never have come up with.

I have migrated accounts because I started using a new username for tulpa-related stuff.

New Account: NateAndTheTulpaTrio

Parroting/puppeting is when a host consciously and purposefully controls the tulpa's actions. From what I've read on here, yes, it's possible for progress to blow up in a short amount of time.

Interesting. I was just sorta rolling with it until I really knew who it was or just stopped caring if it was me. Either way this is cool, it seems my life will be a lot more interesting from now on :D

i know right, i wish my tulpa developed this fast, its been a slow process for me

Trust me, the journey here hasn't been easy. It's been a boring, slow, drag-on process so far. I'm just counting my lucky stars that some real progress was thrown my way

I have migrated accounts because I started using a new username for tulpa-related stuff.

Mmhm. Personally, it tends to follow a series of plateaus then spikes, repeat. It would be great if constant progress happened, but that is hardly ever the case.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Mmhm. Personally, it tends to follow a series of plateaus then spikes, repeat. It would be great if constant progress happened, but that is hardly ever the case.

Interesting observation. This definitely does match up with a lot of my personal progress, so that's a nice way of looking at it.

Congrats!

And yeah, don't expect your tulpa to develop in any way that makes sense. You might get times where things just click, and others where you have to struggle at something for weeks on end. Mindvoice can develop without completing form, and vice-versa.

And really, what is a "complete" tulpa, anyway? I mean, are you ever a "complete" person? You grow to adulthood, where most of your growth and development has reached what it's probably going to be for the rest of your life, but you never really ever stop learning and changing, yeah? Same goes for your tulpa.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Temar said something interesting that I would like to speak of, a bit:

And really' date=' what is a "complete" tulpa, anyway? I mean, are you ever a "complete" person? You grow to adulthood, where most of your growth and development has reached what it's probably going to be for the rest of your life, but you never really ever stop learning and changing, yeah? Same goes for your tulpa. [/quote']

A tulpa is never really 'complete'. The day man understands the entire cosmos and proves that he can control, on a molecular level with great adequacy, the composition of our universe, that's when he's fully complete. What make us humans are our imperfections. It's not possible for us hosts to ascend to perfect concepts that are deprived of flaws, that's one point of view. The other point of view is that being complete implies that you have the perfect and accurate balance of flaws and qualities that compensate for the effect of their antecedent and shape the perfect blend that composes your life. Chemical balance in your mind, when you're not depressed nor infatuated with a concept, when you go back to chemical balance, is a way of being in balance, but never complete. Complete is an adjective that cannot apply to human beings, ever... we create tulpas, how can we possibly make those beings that were made at our image what we cannot attain?

It's completely fine to be that way, too. Coming to look at what some tulpamancers go through, those spikes and plateaus are well justified. Progress in a consistent manner is not possible, because your mind itself cannot truly adhere to that. I'm not trying to rule out how people think, but it's basic knowledge, your mind can only enjoy something for so long (refer to the hedonic treadmill https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill ), and it also makes sense when you look at your different layers of thought. A part of us wants freedom, liberation, is lustful. A part of us wants to be rational and IS rational. The conscious mind sure does play a certain role, but can we really say that all we want is for our tulpas to be 'consistent'? What about what the other parts of us want? In any relationship, say a relationship between two lovers, one of them will feel like wanting to be there for the other, but other parts of his mind might fear the loss of that tender feeling, or might even have more prioritized interests. The imperfection of the human mind is perfect in some points of view, the 'imperfection', the plateau, the spikes, they all work in the benefit of this journey. Everything is as it should be. The mind functions in such intelligent ways without you even doing a single effort. This doesn't mean tulpas grow up overnight, it means that things are all as they should be, and there IS natural progression.

Time does a lot of things. Congrats on the progress, I guess.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?