Really simple Trick for better hearing your Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

Hey, guys.

Sooo, yeah, this is obviously just a little "trick", not even really that.

But it's really helpful.

This is obviously just useful for communicating with your tupper in actual words, not ideas or feelings or so.

Basically - when you think, even though there's nothing to hear with your actual ears, you still sort of "hear" your thoughts, so to speak.

Basic stuff, everyone knows that.

And you can make it seem to yourself as if you hear your thoughts "off-center".

Hard to describe, but just try and think some random sentences to yourself and try to make your mindvoice "move around" in your head.

From what I've seen on the forums, in most cases, this (outside tulpamancy and things like it very pointless) phenomenon seems to be what people refer to when they describe "where" their tulpa's mindvoice comes from.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about...

... well, for example, try imagining the sounds of multiple explosions all around you.

It's just thoughts, but it still seems as if the imagined sounds come from different directions around you, right?

That's the thing I'm referring to here; you can do the exact same thing with your verbal thoughts too, of course.

So if you have trouble hearing your tulpa, then just think "somewhere else" in your headspace than your tulpa.

In our case:

Esterina's mindvoice is in the back, so I just have mine be in the front.

Makes it easier to avoid confusing something she said to me with me just having a random thought, and also helps in avoiding drowning each other out in a conversation.

That's all, really.

Greets,

AG

... then... uhm... then your tulpa isn't talking...?

I don't know what you want me to say here.

Maybe you misunderstood the part about not being able to hear the tulpa well?

That isn't about forcing your tulpa to talk - and to be honest, I have no idea how you got that impression.

... like, really, I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about there... O.o

It's about when you talk with your tulpa, you could have trouble understanding them correctly, or you might completely miss that your tulpa said anything at all.

Happens to me a lot when I'm tired.

And it happens to me when I talk in the same "place" in our headspace as she does; we drown each other out, and I start not hearing her well - meaning just mind-talking in a different "place" than her solves that for us.

Greets,

AG

But if my tulpa isn't talking, what would this do? I mean, could you possibly try it out when Esterina doesn't want to talk? If you do that you'd be a champ in my books. That's literally my only issue. A conversation with a tulpa isn't like correspondence mail or something, it's like a conversation with a real person in your head. If the whole point of this is to hear your tulpa better when you can't hear them well AND YOU ARE HAVING A CONVERSATION ALREADY, that's all fine, it's a good tip, I guess? I don't really need that stuff because at some point there isn't really a point where I can't 'hear her' well. The worst thing she'll do would be to make lousy grammatical errors and act tired, that' why I didn't really understand the logic behind that. I saw it as the following: Tulpa doesn't talk----> You locate them----> tulpa talks.

But, since we cleared that up... don't mind lil' old me! :^)

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

If the whole point of this is to hear your tulpa better when you can't hear them well AND YOU ARE HAVING A CONVERSATION ALREADY, that's all fine, it's a good tip, I guess? I don't really need that stuff because at some point there isn't really a point where I can't 'hear her' well.

a) Yes, that. What else? xD

b) Not everyone's you, though - there are those who have problems with that, especially those who are new to this.

Greets,

AG

PS: I changed the OP and added a suggestion for what to try out if you don't get what I mean when I talk about "places / directions in your headspace".

PS: I changed the OP and added a suggestion for what to try out if you don't get what I mean when I talk about "places / directions in your headspace".

Yeah, I think it is okay now and easy to understand. I approve for tips&tricks.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Honestly my own mindvoice sits right in the center of our mind, although that changes if we switch. I think I'd have to invert this tip and have my tulpas distance themselves from where "I am" in the mind to get the effect. We sort of already do that though. We all have our own spots that we're comfortable in. (In fact, whilst switched, I'm the only one who uses the left side of our mindspace)

As for when they don't want to talk, I don't know. I really think that's more of a personal experience for you. Most tulpas AFAIK will tell you they don't want to talk if they don't want to talk, or will be just completely unreachable for a while so you have no choice. As for me, if I say something to Scarlet and she doesn't want to talk, she lets me know pretty clearly. Usually by referring to whatever I was thinking about as stupid. Anyways, it gets the point across, and then we're good. None of the others have ever wanted to be left alone though, not once.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

As for me, if I say something to Scarlet and she doesn't want to talk, she lets me know pretty clearly. Usually by referring to whatever I was thinking about as stupid.

Heh, charming. :P

Rina will usually just be very brief with her replies, or outright tell me she wants to nap a bit or so.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

@AGGuy

Love it! Davie and I are going to try this for sure! We could totally do it and maybe, just maybe I will improve my mind voice. Thank you so much!

EDIT: I would like to point out that tulpas can be felt and not just heard. Most of my communication with my host is feelings, presence and emotions. I don't disappear when I am not talking or choosing not to speak. When I decided to talk, I don't see why I couldn't be "assigned" or that I couldn't assign a location in the mind space from which my voice will come.

[Tri] This is a rather clever tip. While it would not work for everyone, it could be helpful for a certain crowd.

Specifically, it is useful for hosts and tulpas who are trying to talk to each other but the host is having a hard time hearing the tulpa over their own thoughts. But, it requires that the tulpa's voice feel like it is localized at some point in space. Otherwise, it is difficult to use this trick to improve communication. Perhaps, explicitly saying that this is a pre-requisite for the tip to work would be good and then mentioning that it is possible for some tulpas to learn to localize where their voice feels like it is. Then, those people where a tulpa does not have a spatialized localized voice will know that this trick will not work for them unless they learn that. We think this is a bit of where the discussion here with J.Iscariot has been involving.

But given that, this trick is good. It is a clever scheme to try to remove interference.

Now, that said, the writing of this tip could use a bit of work still.

The tip/trick as written feels very much like a one way conversation by text message done bit by bit over an hour. While that can have uses, it can distract from the idea here. Any one bit in here is OK, just as a whole - not. Try to connect the pieces here just a bit more. You have all the ideas here. Just, one could get distracted from the idea behind this, which is trying to remove interference by taking advantage of one's perception of voices and thoughts being localized in space. This could be described as a flow problem. One thing worth mentioning, we do like the explosions idea. That could help a lot of people.

We think this is one or two revisions away from being ready. We are holding off on approving for Tips & Tricks to see what you change. If you work on it a bit, we think we can approve it.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

The idea is definitely tips and tricks worthy. I don't think I have seen a similar one suggested before.

I do agree with what was said about the writing being disconnected and distracting - I was stuck on "so if you have trouble hearing your tulpa, then just think "somewhere else" in your headspace than your tulpa" for a while because it seemed like it was an explanation and something I should understand, but I had no idea what it meant. I even was wondering if you had maybe missed some words! But the part right afterward explains the thing, so you're not actually missing information. It's just presented in a rater confusing way. Do you think you could maybe give it a rewrite that words it better?

Also, you don't have to sign your posts, your name is like right next to your post!

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)