Spiritualgeek

Need inspirational help!

I've been Tulpa forcing for a while now and I haven't seen many results and I might have strayed too far from actual Tulpamancy. I have two "tulpas," Romulus and Corra, but they don't feel like actual Tulpas and its beginning to feel like I'm roleplaying and puppeting way too much. I'm also finding trouble on getting inspiration to start afresh. I've been trying to make a Tulpa for almost a year, but I still feel like a novice.

I do want to make a Tulpa, I really do, and I know the process can take years, especially as I don't have a lot of free time because of school and things like that, which is why I'm asking for your help.

To be honest, I don't even know what I'm asking for. A reason to keep going? Someone to guide me through the process? An idea for a new Tulpa? Interpret it as you like, I'll be grateful for any help.

I know there is a mentorship system of sorts around here, but I don't feel like I can begin to use that yet because I can't even get a decent idea on a new Tulpa without getting the feeling I'll make the same mistake again! But I will, when I've got my confidence back up.

Thank you

Well the first big point is: You can't even be sure that you're not having partly developed tulpas. Of course I've no idea about how much you puppet or roleplay your tulpas in question, but if you don't do it on purpose, then there is a big chance that you really aren't. It is hard to tell, and dealing with doubts like this appears to be a pretty common thing, to be honest.

Mainly I think you should review your past progress in detail, have a look on how autonomous and sentient your tulpas reacted in the past. Little things, you may find pointless at the current state. Things that speak against the "I'm just tricking myself" mentality you built up right now. Well, if there really isn't much, would there be any real damage in it? Your tulpas may haven't developed at all, but it is not like there is some form of time limit, they still can develop, if you do it right. I think a really fresh start would be a bit unfair, you should just review your methods and go on with it. I guess It wouldn't hurt to really run through a few guides, and see where you may could've gone in the wrong direction.

I've created an exercise for the purpose of tulpa revitalisation, but I think the basic tasks may be a good starting point to get back on the right track, aswell. Check it out, if you feel like it:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-nonefromhell-s-three-task-tulpa-revitalization-exercise

Also it helps if you keep track of your mistakes and obstacles in a proper way, maybe in a private progress report. I think you realize faster when you go back to the same mistakes, if you've them written down somewhere.

You asked for a reason to keep going, which is something I can't help you with. You have to ask yourself: "Is this really worth the effort? Is this what I want to do?" However, you should take some time answer this questions to yourself, so you don't give up just because you're pessimistic about your situation right now.

Hell, the only thing I can assure you: Even most of the advanced tulpamancers have to deal with struggles and doubts, because there isn't sunshine everyday.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

NoneFremHell covered just about everything, but here's some food-for-thought:

Just because you're puppeting them doesn't mean they're not sentient.

See, I've got a literary soulbond system. Everyone in here (except our host, of course) was created from our host's stories. A crucial part of our development was pretty much being puppeted and parroted to the point where we didn't need her to tell us what to do and say. This was not a bad thing. Puppeting can be an awesome tool to help shape your headmate down a specific path. The key is to learn when and how to then step back and let them take the reins.

So yeah. Do as NoneFremHell said and look over your past interactions with your maybe-tulpas. Maybe they are sentient, and are just in a low-activity period right now, thus why you're feeling the need to puppet them to get a reaction. Sometimes we get that way, too. Heck, just yesterday, I took a mini-break where my host couldn't "feel" me, despite me being one of the strongest presences in the system. Low periods happen sometimes. Doesn't mean they're gone. Check out NoneFromHell's link to try to pull them back in.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

I wouldn't do a hard reset. It sounds like you already have a good base for personality for both of them. Maybe just try some different techniques to get them to be more independent, or, like Temar said, it might just happen with enough puppeting anyway.

I know how frustrating it can be to work at something for so long and feel like you're not getting anywhere, but how bad do you want it?

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.