So my Tulpa left me

Tirisilex

I created Artha Sundara last July and she left me back in like November. She just said I cant be with you anymore and just left me. I haven't heard from her since then. Has anyone else had their Tulpa leave them? I'm debating whether or not I want to make a new one. I want to because I want to see how it works for someone with my mental disease. Which is Schizophrenia. I want to see if it is a positive thing for a schizophrenic because you can create a new voice that is kind to you. I'm not sure if I want to make another one.. I'm kind of see sawing here with yes I want to and then maybe not because of all the work.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

I'm not sure about the Schizophrenia, I don't think it will be different (I may be wrong here), but I've seen a few cases like yours where the Tulpa leaves for a while and then comes back, give her time, keep forcing when you can, the important thing here is to keep thinking of her. wish I could say more but I haven't had this experience so far, hope it helps.

Well, I don't think anybody knows how your disorder works as well as you, but as far as I know people with schizophrenia are prone to believing in imagined things that may be harmful to them. In the past, people with schizophrenia who've tried to make tulpas have lost their grip on being in control and had their tulpas become just another uncontrollable figment that they've now become even more attached to than normal delusions. That would be a reason not to make a tulpa.

But if you can remember that you're in control, they can definitely help. You just can't ever let your guard down - unfortunately your tulpa will never settle into a safe and stable person as long as you yourself can't. Most tulpamancers reach a point where their tulpa becomes very reliable and self-sufficient, but to those with less mental discipline or control over their minds (not necessarily from a disorder either), the likelihood of believing their tulpa to do something negative (leaving, hating them, being hurt, etc.) is a lot higher. You can't let your tulpa be out of your control like other mental entities. Invasive thoughts are a natural occurrence that can usually be rid of through mental discipline, but as I see it people with schizophrenia are basically both prone to having them more often, and seeing them as actually meaningful/legitimate. So if your brain randomly decides to make you think your tulpa's leaving you, more than likely you'll just believe it, and belief creates reality in the mind. You should know however that it's possible to disregard thoughts and beliefs that harm you - you can declaratively state that that is not what you wanted to happen and won't believe it, and with enough conviction it overrides the invasive belief and becomes reality instead. Normally tulpamancers have to deal with this at some point as their brain puts random scenarios out of their control into their minds that are undesirable in some way in relation to their tulpa, and they have to practice disregarding them and going on as if they hadn't happened until they stop happening (or the disregard becomes automatic).

But I don't know if you can do that. It might not be possible by the very nature of your disorder, or it may vary completely between people and maybe you can. Practicing taking control over your thoughts is a very good practice for anyone with a mental disorder though - whether you're schizophrenic or depressed or paranoid. People have to learn to stop believing their thoughts that everyone hates them for some or no reason with the latter two. People with depression need to learn to completely disregard how they feel about many aspects of life in order to simply function. And people with paranoia have to learn how to cope with their aggressive suspicions in order to maintain their relationships.

Whether it's with tulpamancy or not, I do recommend you do this in some way. If you go the tulpamancy route, then you need to remember that no matter how much you want to believe a bad thing, you can't let it be true. Even if your tulpa says straight to your face that they're just going to leave, you can't believe it. But you might not be able to, it might be too far out of your control, in which case I don't recommend you create a personal attachment to something liable to eventually hurt you.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm a pretty strong Schizophrenic.. I use Buddhist and Hindu tactics to deal with my mind. I recognize illusions.. I know they are just Thought forms. Empty and harmless.. Just a Passing cloud. I think I can handle another voice even if it goes bad. I've had so many BAD voices and I have learned to deal with them. If my former Tulpa wants to leave I shall let her. I havent seen her at all for months.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

So I am leaning on doin a new Tulpa.. In the interest of science / psychology. How can I make a Tulpa useful for Schizophrenia? I see Servitors as a big help.. I'm writing a book on Schizophrenia and Tulpas fascinate me with their potential for a Schizophrenic.