Is it unhealthy to neglect/forsake human relationships in favor of one with a tulpa?

Guest Anonymous

my two cents is that i don't find a romantic or platonic relationship with a tulpa to be negative at all. but of course, i view mine as no less that what they are. to me, they appear as though they are their own person. i really can't logically see the difference. even though i logically know the difference. it's just that they potentially have the same mental health issues i have, and we are running on the same hardware, and we can't as easily get away from each other. (asuka: oh, i don't think you've ever played hide and seek with us before)

i'm polyamorous, with two partners outside my own head. perhaps due to my views or my trauma history, i don't see them as any different from my tulpas. if tomorrow one of my tulpas were to come up to me and ask to date me, i would handle it no differently than being asked by someone more single minded. 

but really, it's not just love that humans and tulpa need. but also stimulation. new experiences and information. if you have enough stimulation, then who you're dating shouldn't really matter in terms of healthy or not.

Sophie: i'll do most of the posting as we're still working on getting back up and running.

Autumn:

Asuka:

i've more to come as i pull them out of cryo.(others may call it stasis)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my two cents is that i don't find a romantic or platonic relationship with a tulpa to be negative at all. but of course, i view mine as no less that what they are. to me, they appear as though they are their own person. i really can't logically see the difference. even though i logically know the difference. it's just that they potentially have the same mental health issues i have, and we are running on the same hardware, and we can't as easily get away from each other. (asuka: oh, i don't think you've ever played hide and seek with us before)

i'm polyamorous, with two partners outside my own head. perhaps due to my views or my trauma history, i don't see them as any different from my tulpas. if tomorrow one of my tulpas were to come up to me and ask to date me, i would handle it no differently than being asked by someone more single minded. 

but really, it's not just love that humans and tulpa need. but also stimulation. new experiences and information. if you have enough stimulation, then who you're dating shouldn't really matter in terms of what they are.

Sophie: i'll do most of the posting as we're still working on getting back up and running.

Autumn:

Asuka:

i've more to come as i pull them out of cryo.(others may call it stasis)

This is the wrong question to ask a poly tulpa married to an aro host.

This question needs to be modified to have any relevance to my system. Is it healthy for me to neglect intersystem relationships in favour of one with my host?

No idea. But getting an intersystem relationship would feel like a violation of our bond. I don't want to risk the emotional connection we have with each other.

She wouldn't care either way.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Right, I'm not too fond of singling this out to tulpas 'cause honestly, we're the same as you guys. We just don't have bodies.

That said, I'm gonna give a hard yes to this question, mainly because you should never throw away bonds with people for any one person or group of people, especially not your tulpas. I wouldn't shove away the possibility of making new friends just 'cause I got a really good one. That relationship ain't guaranteed for shit. What if you have a fall out, what if ya just fall away from each other? I mean, I'm not saying they're gonna, but still. We're social critters, y'know? We're supposed to have bonds with the outside world too.

Date your tulpa, fuck your tulpa, do whatever ya want with your tulpa- just don't forget to socialize with other people too. Ya never know where bonds like that are gonna go.

If I had a nickel for every time someone called me gay... It'd go to my host because I don't care enough to collect it.

• 6 months later...

I think it can be unhealthy to forego anything you need. I mean, why? Why not have both a tulpa lover and human friends? Why does it have to be either Tulpa or humans? Sorry, but these false dichotomies are childish and limiting.

They certainly are. Why even assume everyone needs romance, or that there is something wrong with multiple romantic relationships? Why assume that sex is a human need for everyone, and that there is something wrong with the hypersexual? Why assume everyone needs friends, or that thousands of friends is a bad thing? Why assume that human friends are better than tulpa friends? Why is there a difference between your tulpa and other people's tulpas as far as making friends goes?

Why is what we think is healthy healthy when talking to someone who disagrees?

They certainly are. Why even assume everyone needs romance, or that there is something wrong with multiple romantic relationships? Why assume that sex is a human need for everyone, and that there is something wrong with the hypersexual? Why assume everyone needs friends, or that thousands of friends is a bad thing? Why assume that human friends are better than tulpa friends? Why is there a difference between your tulpa and other people's tulpas as far as making friends goes?

Why is what we think is healthy healthy when talking to someone who disagrees?

social conditioning!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I think who have a sentient being as tulpa ..He would like very to go out and enjoy cinema , mall and family activities .

I think who have a imagery friend ..may be he got mental illness or the start of mental illness .

Not : cummunicate with tulpa to me , should be real like psychic medium ability , it's like in the original buddasim texts.

Otherwise it's really a mental illness and should got help .

Based on the western standard of mental illness (The DSM-V), Nope, none of that is mental illness, or close to mental illness. Imaginary friends -- not illness. Roleplaying -- not illness. Psychics -- not illness. Tulpas -- not illness. Religious visions -- not illness.

Now, in our current sociopolitical landscape, western notions and the American Psychiatric Association have undue influence over the domain of mental illness. So I can't talk to other perspectives.