How to get rid of a tulpa?

Guest Anonymous

Griffith sweetie, it is fun to mess around and joke around sometimes, but you gotta know limits. He is calling out for help and talking about dissipating yer butt. You better think this through a bit. If you are a real thinking person, you can change. You have to learn to get along with yer hostie buddy. Don't be a dick just because it amuses you. Stop that! It isn't funny if it is harming yer host.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I mean... just so I don't misunderstand this...

... we're discussing how to best kill a tulpa based not on the tulpa in question being a threat or otherwise truly malevolent, but based on the host feeling displeased and annoyed with the tulpa's behavior.

That... IS what's happening right now, isn't it?

Greets,

AG

I mean... just so I don't misunderstand this...

... we're discussing how to best kill a tulpa based not on the tulpa in question being a threat or otherwise truly malevolent, but based on the host feeling displeased and annoyed with the tulpa's behavior.

That... IS what's happening right now, isn't it?

Greets,

AG

I got the impression from the first post and the most recent one Griffith made, that the tulpa is actually having a negative impact on the hosts mental health.

Based on what Griffith just said he sounds like a bully. Living with those in the physical world is bad enough, but to have someone who shares your brain being aa bully to you is too much to ask, especially if you "have life" to this individual.

I kind of have the same opinion on this as I do abortion. Its irresponsible to do on a whim, and should be scrutinized, but there are situations where it's an acceptable/necessary evil, like if there's danger to the mother (or host's) well being.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Guest Anonymous

I got the impression from the first post and the most recent one Griffith made, that the tulpa is actually having a negative impact on the hosts mental health.

Based on what Griffith just said he sounds like a bully. Living with those in the physical world is bad enough, but to have someone who shares your brain being aa bully to you is too much to ask, especially if you "have life" to this individual.

I kind of have the same opinion on this as I do abortion. Its irresponsible to do on a whim, and should be scrutinized, but there are situations where it's an acceptable/necessary evil, like if there's danger to the mother (or host's) well being.

Yes. If a tulpa is of notable harm to the host and can't be reasoned with, then fire has to be fought with fire.

Even a tulpa rights hardliner like Esterina agrees on that, and so do I.

Thing is: I don't see how such circumstances are the case here.

From all I've read here, the tulpa is sort of negative and sometimes bullies his host - which is a real dick move and needs to be addressed, yes.

Naturally so.

But in nothing of this do I see a situation so severe that it warrants killing a living person, which is why this entire thread (not to mention the beyond disrespectful title) makes me feel pretty sick, and Rina pretty damn angry.

Greets,

AG

Heh. There's a reason I was trying to talk the OP out of it, yeah?

The fact that Thorkell described his headmate as "generally wants bad things to happen to me" is a little worrisome, you have to admit that. But it sounds like Griffith isn't malevolent, just a bit rough around the edges.

Griffith, man, glad to hear you guys have reached an accord. However, I have to agree with Melian that being a dick to your host is not a healthy way to express yourself. You got plenty of other ways to have fun while still keeping your headspace healthy (me, I'm fond of clever quips ;) ). When your host isn't happy, the system isn't happy, and when the system isn't happy, you aren't happy. It'll feel a lot better in the long run if you and your host get along.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

But in nothing of this do I see a situation so severe that it warrants killing a living person, which is why this entire thread (not to mention the beyond disrespectful title) makes me feel pretty sick, and Rina pretty damn angry.

But that is all assuming we are dealing with a tulpa. Not everything like this is automatically a tulpa. Sometimes its some other form of fantasy or hallucination maybe? I don't think we need automatically start condemning the person who wrote the question. Sometimes getting rid of a disturbing vision or a voice is a good thing.

If the vision continues to get worse or be very disturbing, it will make me wonder if it is a tulpa at all, but maybe something else. We need an on staff clinical psychologist on the forum. LOL

The fact that Thorkell described his headmate as "generally wants bad things to happen to me" is a little worrisome, ...

Yeah this is what I mean. Not necessarily a tulpa trait maybe?

I'm guessing your Griffith doesn't have the same personality as the Berserk Griffith? Seems way too immature. Lame. (Lol, probably for the better though)

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• 3 years later...

I registered to answer this question.  I am also trying to get rid of my tulpa(s).  The most dominant one I called Venom.  He was a good, awful awful entity.  I view tulpas differently than most of you guys but my advice should work.

The other poster who said to stop thinking about him is right.  This is working for me so far but I'm not 100% rid of them yet.  The other thing to try out is mindfulness meditation.  Meditation is basically like an altered state that you can take advantage of.  The important thing is to sit still and keep your eyes closed for a good while.  So it's in between sleep and regular activity in a way. 

The idea with mindfulness meditation is kind of to ground yourself.  Focus on physical sensations like your breathing.  You can think, but don't use your imagination like you do when it involves tulpas.  The idea is to make it clear which voice is yours - I've found that thinking in my head while talking subvocally helps - and you do not ever want to trigger the thoughtform thinking along with you.  Even when you're not meditating, thinking is fine but don't use your higher imagination too much.  If you have to visualize to solve a math problem, fine, but try to stay as grounded as possible for awhile until your tulpa is gone.

EDIT:  Although this is an old thread I thought it would be good to have a solution to this problem.