Switching via WILD Method?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey, guys!

So, after finally having had a first true lucid dream, I'm now super-motivated to learn to do it at will!

Will be great for Rina and me.

And I picked the WILD method for this (Wake-Induced Lucid Dream).

And, reading through it...

... honestly, is this really that far off from methods used for switching?

I feel like learning the WILD method for lucid dreaming could also teach us a lot about switching.

Or maybe that very method would work well?

Hell - could that method be used to have me phase out into a lucid dream while Rina phases into control over the physical body?

Ideas, ideas and questions! :D

Hope to hear about some personal experiences here, and opinions!

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

AG

WILD Method for Lucid Dreaming:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

If this is your first lucid dream, I wouldn't bite off that much at once. First get used to lucid dreaming, try to better control the dream, try out things like accessing memories and the like. Then try less advanced forcing things in an LD before tackling switching.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

We found that when my tulpas go to bed while switched, even though it's usually me by default that "wakes up", during the hypnagogic state we have a very easy time switching before really waking up. Pretty sure I wrote about this somewhere else but oh well. It feels akin to already being in a meditated-mindset, but even easier than normal too. That being said, we only do it if they went to bed switched, because we never switch when they aren't already fully active and that usually takes at least a few minutes if it's been more than a week.

but lol as if it's ever led to a lucid dream RIP my hopes in dreams

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

If this is your first lucid dream, I wouldn't bite off that much at once. First get used to lucid dreaming, try to better control the dream, try out things like accessing memories and the like. Then try less advanced forcing things in an LD before tackling switching.

Yes, I want to get lucid dreaming down first.

That question was meant just in general, not as in "I wanna try that rait nau".

Greets,

AG

A WILD implies you're falling asleep, rather than waking up. And the way you worded it in the OP implies you expect to continue with the lucid dreaming phase, whilst Esterina controls the physical body. I don't think that's possible. Sleep and REM cycles are not based on whatever it is you consider you and your tulpa, they're completely physical phenomena. I don't know what it would be like for you guys specifically while switched, but it won't be true dreaming because the body will be awake. That's unavoidable. And it's not what Lumi was talking about, if that wasn't obvious.

If you're talking about using this method while normally awake in order to prepare your mind to switch, I'd say it's a bit much for that, but not necessarily different enough to not work. Getting to a state where you are purely aware of your own awareness in your own mind is a must, also known as dissociating from the body. That much is the same as a WILD, although your body won't be falling asleep. The primary act in switching however, is switching. As far as I can tell this explicitly requires some form of dissociation on the host's part in order to relinquish their control over the body and mind. Techniques for this are basically all subjective and personal, but some form of displacing yourself from the body/mind's location and having your tulpa take your place is the norm. And I don't believe WILDs have anything to do with that. If you get good enough at maintaining consciousness in the transitional state of wakefulness to sleep (which is likely a long way off), you may be able to utilize that in combination with meditation to reach an optimal state in which to switch.

Also, I highly recommend the Dreamviews forum for information and advice on lucid dreaming, or dreams in general. It's even listed on the Tulpa.info front page. We also have a lot of knowledge on lucid dreaming from studying it over the years, so you could ask us if you have any questions too.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Well from what I've read around here, and my few tapsy experiments on switching: No, the method isn't very similiar to regular switching techniques. In the WILD method you trick your brain to let the body fall asleep, while you keep your brain busy with thinking. So your mind keeps a form of awareness and vigilance, while the rest is shutting down. The result: You can control your dreams.

For switching you do normally the opposite thing: You let your mind either fade away, or try to lose any focus on your physical body while getting in touch with your mindscape/wonderland. Basically you adjust your brain to move its focus to the mind of your tulpa during this, which will result in a form of control takeover. The mind of your tulpa is now in charge of the big machine, while you're in a backseat of your brain, often without knowing what's going on the outside. (It depends on your technique, though.)

Well, of course you could try to turn the thing around with your WILD technique. You could use this technique to enter the state of a lucid dream (Well you would need to tell yourself to let the dream get as real as possible as well, so you lose the connection to your body. A simple thought about it is enough and you need to keep your focus), while Esterina tries to takeover your body at the same time. If you consider her nature, she might be capable of doing so with ease. But I don't think it will work for everybody like this, especially since the lucid dream is partly a detour to the real target.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Good luck!

Is it really switching though if you are asleep? David and I have had lucid dreams where the dream switches perspective between us. In one moment the dream is from his perspective, in the next the same dream is from my perspective. Is that switching or just dreaming together while blended? Sometimes I dream all by myself and Davies' mind is not present or active. That's not switching with the body though, that is just dreaming isn't it?

Good luck!

Is it really switching though if you are asleep? David and I have had lucid dreams where the dream switches perspective between us. In one moment the dream is from his perspective, in the next the same dream is from my perspective. Is that switching or just dreaming together while blended? Sometimes I dream all by myself and Davies' mind is not present or active. That's not switching with the body though, that is just dreaming isn't it?

It is dreaming together. Switching would be if you wait for Davey to sleep, so you can mess around with his body. Maybe he will wake up in a pink dress one day...

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.