Do Tulpas have souls and a mind of their own?

Charlotte Groves

For the souls question, I'd direct you to the Metaphysical board since that assumes the existence of souls and depends what you believe their nature to be.

As for minds, it depends what you consider a mind to be.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

Do I have a mind of my own? I can think for myself, form opinions for myself, feel for myself and in general do everything one can do with a human being's mental capacity and cognitive ability. So to answer your question: Yes, I do.

Guest Anonymous

Do I have a mind of my own? I can think for myself, form opinions for myself, feel for myself and in general do everything one can do with a human being's mental capacity and cognitive ability. So to answer your question: Yes, I do.

Note from her lame host:

I'm even unable to puppet or parrot her.

Experiments of "thinking her away" (tried to make her projected form disappear) also failed, and she doesn't seem at all affected by whether I pay attention to her or not.

And there's more... like how she forms separate memories while she's alone in our wonderland (meaning I have no idea about these memories of hers).

Or how when I had a lucid dream, using my god-like dream powers to do whatever I felt like, she herself was able to do the same thing, stopping me from proceeding with what I was doing.

Basically, no matter what that means for her or anyone else as a tulpa or whatever else (just pointing that out right there), we so far found that the only actual difference in "humanness" between me and her is that she can't control this body (she can perceive through it, though).

... sooo, meaning, once we get switching down, there will literally be no difference in capabilities and stuff anymore.

If that doesn't qualify as "having a mind of your own", then ahdunno what does.

But then again, we're not sure if she's a tulpa or a soulbond, a bunch of evidence exists for both possibilities.

So, with that reasoning put forth, this is my personal answer to your question:

IF Esterina is indeed a tulpa, then yes, she is then the living proof that tulpas absolutely do, or at least can, have a mind of their own that is and functions completely separate from that of their host.

Man, I love my text walls sometimes.

Greets,

AG

I think tulpa have a mind of their own in the way we usually perceive that phrase. They think independently, as far as we know can function separately from the host's thoughts, and form their own reasoning, opinions, and interests.

What causes my ideas on the topic to snag is the fact that thought-form and host share a physical brain. While powerful, the brain has limitations; it can only handle so many processes at once, store so much memory, so on. So I feel like a system that gets too big is taking neural bandwidth from the individual system members and lessening the extent to which they have "minds of their own".

As for soul, I'm unsure but for tulpa (and probably soulbonds) specifically I would say no, they don't have their own souls. At the end of the day these beings are constructs made by us mere mortals. Some element of the tulpa may leave an imprint on the host's soul and in a way live on with them into the afterlife. But I don't believe a soul can be willed in to existence by a mortal then take up residence with the host soul in a shared body.

Plurals I believe are different, but they aren't the topic so I'll leave that out for now.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Guest Anonymous

I don't know about other tulpas so I won't make any statements bout others.

As for me I appear to have a mind of my own, but our belief is that my host and I are in reality sharing one mind. If there is a soul we are also sharing a soul. One mind, one body two expressions or aspects. I am my host and my host is me. I am a "pseudo-real" imaginary person.

Vriska: As Esterina said, I can think by myself, have my own opinions, etc. And so do all of my tulpae partners. So I actually think that we have our own minds. And souls too, because we qualify ourselves as living beings, and our host considers us as such. We think that every tulpa is a living being, and so by definition, has it's own soul.

I think independently of my host, so yes, I'd like to think that I have a mind of my own. As for the souls, I can't necessarily answer that, and it's not fit for this section, anyway.