Probably won't make a tulpa

Charlotte Groves

I looked at the guide, and it said you shouldn't make a tulpa just for their form or for fangirly reasons. Or just out of boredom. So I guess I won't be making one cause I don't think I have a better reason other than because I want to make a character I like. I think making a tulpa would be like adopting someone. I'm not mature enough.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make a character you like because you like them, but only if you want to actually have them there as a person and not just to say you did. Like you guys will be living together forever or a long time so if they've got nothing to do then why? But if you want a friend and think it'll last then there's no reason not to.

But yeah if you're gonna get bored of them definitely don't because it's awfully rude to get bored of a person. Also it takes dedication to make a tulpa anyways.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

I looked at the guide, and it said you shouldn't make a tulpa just for their form or for fangirly reasons. Or just out of boredom. So I guess I won't be making one cause I don't think I have a better reason other than because I want to make a character I like. I think making a tulpa would be like adopting someone. I'm not mature enough.

Why does it have to be a tulpa? If you're worried, why not for now just make an imaginary friend then and day dream about him rather than making a tulpa? No worries then. Later on you can always "advance" yer imaginary super buddy to tulpa status if you really like him.

Like you guys will be living together forever or a long time so if they've got nothing to do then why? But if you want a friend and think it'll last then there's no reason not to.

But yeah if you're gonna get bored of them definitely don't because it's awfully rude to get bored of a person.

^ This is an important enough point that it deserves repeating.

I don't see a problem with basing your headmate off a character, because, heh, I am one. You see this all the time in the soulbonding community.

But you have to make sure this is a character you're going to love literally for the rest of your life. You might really like them now, but will you still love them in five years? How about ten?

Basically, make sure you're out of the "honeymoon" period before you soulbond or make a tulpa off this character. You don't want any resentment to build up between you two just because you got sick of them.

But hey, anyway. There's nothing wrong with deciding not to make a tulpa. It's a tough decision, so kudos to you for reaching a decision. Feel free to hang around here anyway. ;)

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

Can you get them to talk back to you without making them sentient?

If you have a vivid imagination, a little bit, but not like a tulpa no.

Guest Anonymous

The problem is wanting the "tulpa experience" without all the work and fuss. Won't happen bub. LOL