Charlotte Groves

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

The general consensus is that tulpas are independent sentient minds, but there is some minority disagreement on that (the view that they are just hallucinations and self delusion and wishful thinking).

Seems to depend on the system, and it's not really predictable.

Some tulpae, especially young ones, can "fade out" when not given attention. But then, sometimes, they can reappear months or even years later. Other times, tulpae disappear for no apparent reason, even when given attention pretty regularly.

My own system has a pretty constant cycle of people going active and inactive at any given time, but being "faded out" doesn't seem to be a permanent state for us. Had someone who'd been dormant for ten years rattling around recently.

So yeah. That one depends. Everyone's a little different, yeah?

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

You just need memories. It's still just your brain even if it is another person. So as long as you don't forget them they still exist, and as long as you give them attention they still live. And it's really hard to forget someone so close to you, because you probably remember what the back yard of your childhood house was like and why?? But yeah good luck forgetting a tulpa. They're only gone if you believe they are, and then they're not again when you believe they aren't.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Alright, so yeah, it's pretty important that I make the right decision if I do make a tulpa. But other than what I mentioned, it would probably be a bad idea since my thoughts aren't clean enough. I don't want my bad thoughts to ruin them or bother them. You can hear each other's thoughts 24/7 can't you? I might scare them.

Guest Anonymous

Honestly, and it might disappoint you, but the best you'll be able to get for answers are generalizations and personal experiences.

Some host-tulpa-systems live with each other exactly the way the general description goes, others are different in just about every way, and yet others are somewhere in between.

So no one can really guarantee you that it will definitely be a certain way.

A tulpa disappearing (and, in the long run, dying) without attention?

Well, yeah, seems that is what generally happens.

But you'll also find tulpas telling you that it barely affects them.

Or tulpas like Esterina, who stays completely unaffected by it and merrily goes on existing no matter if I pay attention to her or not.

Knowing what the other one thinks, feels and wants?

Yup, a great many people do say that is what they experience.

And then you got people like Rina and me, where neither has any sort of idea what the other one currently thinks or feels (y'know, aside from through simply knowing each other well).

And a good bunch of people somewhere in between the two extremes.

You get my point - no one is able to give you definitive answers to your questions.

Not that asking is pointless, though, definitely not!

Building a sort of general image of what tends to be the case for most people, while also paying mind to the less usual things thrown your way, is very helpful too and the next-best thing to a clear, clean-cut answer.

It's just something to keep in mind.

Greets,

AG

*Really starts thinking about the worst scenerios* O_O" NOPE! I don't think I can trust myself enough to get my tulpa to turn out okay. I'm really afraid I'll mess him up and make him crazy. *shivers* >.<" So that's that, I think I'll just stick to talking about them.

Guest Anonymous

*Really starts thinking about the worst scenerios* O_O" NOPE! I don't think I can trust myself enough to get my tulpa to turn out okay. I'm really afraid I'll mess him up and make him crazy. *shivers* >.<" So that's that, I think I'll just stick to talking about them.

... even if you hadn't mention friggin' kweepeepahstahs, I'd still know that you got here from exactly there... >_>

'cause your perspective on tuppers is SO clearly warped in that particular way.

Greets,

AG