Has anybody made a creepypasta tulpa?

Charlotte Groves

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Nah, man. xP

Also, you might get some grumpy replies here.

The whole subject matter of "tulpa + creepypastas" is not too... well-liked 'round these parts.

Greets,

AG

Oh yeah, that's understandable, but I wouldn't make it evil, I would make them good while at the same time, make their personality as close as I could get to the character.

Okay, stop. What?

"Good" and "Evil" are not just words you can throw around idly and have them mean something. They represent everything from personal philosophy, to an individual's morality system, to core motivations, to simple PR problems. You cannot take a character and make them "like the original but not evil," because there are so many things tied to the word "evil" that are related to a personality that I can't even... argh.

Okay. There are a couple things that you need to be aware of here.

Creepypasta is fine. Whatever. It'd be like any other tulpa/soulbond/whatever based off an existing character, just probably a little spookier. There is no reason to think that would be a problem, or that it would be malevolent or anything like that.

Creepypasta itself, however, is responsible for a lot of bad press around tulpas. If you're a fan of it, then you've probably read or watched a dramatization of the Creepypasta called Tulpa? The one that tells the story of a tulpa that turned on its host and possessed them?

Yeah. THAT's why Creepypasta isn't really well liked around here. Not because the characters are particularly spooky. Which.... honestly, meh. Most are pretty shallow and not that spooky. But whatever, if that's your thing, more power to you.

But it sounds to me like you're actually thinking about doing this after all. Whatever, that's fine.

But don't just say "I want to make such-and-such a character except not evil." Because here's the thing: sentient people change. You may base them off the character, but there are bound to be deviations, especially if you're already altering him from the source material. He might change his form down the road. Or his name. Or maybe he'll decide he doesn't want to be a Creepypasta character and go in a completely different direction. Having a tulpa is like having a roommate or child: they have their own will and feelings, and you have to be prepared for that.

Word of advice: if you're not absolutely certain you should do this? The answer is no.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Guest Anonymous

I think I am glad my host and I are not very familiar with anything Creepypasta. Most of it sounds pretty lame. I would advise against making a Creepypasta based tulpa. My gut tells me it would be a bad idea.

Personally, I wouldn't want to share my head with an entity who's source material is meant to scare people. Aside from the pure creep factor of their appearance (can you imagine Jeff's face actually living in your brain?), I think there are elements of the characters deeply ingrained in their lore that lead them to being "evil". So by creating a tulpa from these characters, to make them "good" you'd have to more or less change their entire personality basis, which would no longer make them the character in question at all. :P

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Oh, would it be disappointing and not the way I want it to be? :(

Oh, darn, there's a lot I like about Candy Pop. He's funny and whimsical, but at the same time, manipulative and cold. I wonder if I could keep his funny and whimsical traits.

Oh, would it be disappointing and not the way I want it to be? :(

Yes and no.

Tulpa eventually branch off into their own person, and will grow as an individual, but they start with that seed you have to plant and nurture. And I'd be afraid of a sentient thought form that was brought up having the traits of the (often disturbed) characters from creepypasta being nurtured ana encouraged.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle