If I actively force a trait and allow my tulpa to respond with images...?

Today was the first day I forced on my tulpa's (Chrysalis') personality. What I started off doing was picking a trait from a list, such as happiness, and telling my tulpa that it has this particular trait as well as why it's there. Also, I explained some areas where it may be more prominent, and how it reflects hobbies and interests (among other things).

During my personality forcing session today, I only expected to feel head pressure, if anything. However, unexpected daydreams kept popping into my mind, including several of a woman smiling and dancing around. I'm very tempted to believe the woman was Chrysalis, which is odd cause I haven't actively forced on her visually. I HAVE, however, pictured what she might look like during passive forcing throughout the day.

After a while of seeing these random images, I began to associate Chrysalis with them. For example, I saw two people arguing and told her that her happiness might make her less likely to fight about petty things. Immediately after, the woman reappeared and smiled with a nod, followed by a brief pause of nothing, and finally restarting with a new random image/scene. If I'd try to associate an image with her unsuccessfully, she'd just smile slightly and wait for me to make another statement.

Has anyone forced their tulpa's personality like this? I've tried to read through a few guides about shaping a personality but I don't recall seeing anything about connecting characteristics to images. It's pretty fascinating though, so for now we'll keep using this method!

It's really amazing what some focus and patience can do.

This is very similar to how I forced Al's personality. And hey, I turned out pretty damn fine.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

I'd be hesitant to say with any certainty that the images are from her at this stage. They may be, or they may be random imagery or associations popping into your mind, or you're getting a mix of stuff from her and stuff that isn't. That said, I would accept them as being from her at this point. Also regardless of who or what the images come from, it sounds like a good method.

Images like that are nice as a method of communication once you have a feel for each other's thoughts. Sometimes I sit with one of my tulpas and we just silently send each other pictures/animations.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Hmm . . . thoughts like that pop into a lot of peoples' minds throughout the day, so I'm really not sure whether or not that's ACTUALLY Chrysalis, but it certainly can be. I would like to point out that it really doesn't matter at all that you haven't visualized her much, as tulpa often create their own forms.

Like Chupi said, I'd say just go with it. It's not at all a bad way to go about things!

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.