What are your thoughts on Objective Reality and Subjective Reality?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

750x450http://orig08.deviantart.net/cd1a/f/2016/057/7/b/objective_reality_illustration_by_melianofmist-d9t5nuj.png[/img]

I was thinking about something. When it comes to thoughtforms, there is an objective reality and a subjective reality. The subjective reality is what is inside yer head. That is what the host and the thoughtform experience. Outside yer head is objective reality. That is what others perceive about your thoughtform and you.

What is interesting to note is that in the objective reality, all thoughtforms seem the same. There is no way for anyone to distinguish one from another. A role playing character/imaginary friend is identical in every way to a independently sentient tulpa in objective reality.

When I type on the internet using my proxy tulpa typing it looks absolutely identical to the typing done by a fully switched independently sentient tulpa. In the objective reality there is no perceivable difference between us.

So, from the objective reality perspective at least, all thoughtforms are pretty much identical in nature. To me, and to my host Davie, you are all the same. Each host loves and highly values his or her thoughtform and it is important to them subjectively. It really doesn't matter what kind of thougthform it is, as long it is what the host wants and they are happy.

What is nice is that we can all share this larger family of thoughtforms in the objective universe and talk about why they are important to us subjectively and what it is like to have a thoughtform. Isn't that nice?

I was also thinking that the tulpa community is kinda a little subjective reality bubble of its own too. I try to remember that there is a larger objective realty world outside of it.

I welcome comments and questions about the objective universe and subjective universe of thoughtforms. What does this mean to you? Have you ever thought about things this way? Does it change your perspective on tulpmancy in relation to other thoughtforms to think about objective reality?

Trancending Tulpamancy: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-groovy-guru-stuff-epic-blabby-babble?pid=158279#pid158279

There is no such thing as a "lesser thoughtform!" They are not lesser, they are just different. They all have a job to do and a purpose in existing. Tulpas have their purpose and design and other types of thoughtforms have their purpose and design! https://community.tulpa.info/thread-groovy-guru-stuff-epic-blabby-babble?pid=158316#pid158316

Tulpamancy Schools of Thought: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-schools-of-thought-for-tulpamancy-what-is-right-and-true-about-tulpas

The thing is, sentience is subjective by its very nature. Nobody can prove that their tulpa is sentient any more so than they can prove anybody around them is sentient. You can't prove I'm sentient. I could just be an advanced chatbot. As far as I know, all of my friends and family could be androids designed to mimic human traits, and I could be the only truly sentient person on the planet.

I used to think about this all the time when I was a kid, actually (I was a weird kid), but then it hit me: It doesn't matter. The difference between a sentient being and a totally convincing simulation of a sentient being is effectively zilch. If somebody gives all the outside signs of sentience you treat them like they are because that's the sane thing to do, even though you can never be sure. Kicking a perfect simulation of a puppy still makes you an asshole.

And that's how I feel about tulpas. Are they sentient? Who knows. Lots of people here seem convinced that they are, and since I'm not any more able to validate somebody's tulpas apparent sentience any more than I am able to validate ANYBODY'S sentience, I'll just roll with it.

What I'm getting at, through my long, incoherant rambling is that to me a tulpa is the same whether or not their host perceives them to be objectively real, just like the world is the same for solopists and realists. The only difference is perception.

I want to be ignored

Don't want a speaking part

I don't want any one to notice

The blood spilling out of my exploding heart

Guest Anonymous

EDIT: Removed our original post. We have said that stuff too many times. Thanks for your response it makes a lot of sense. :-)

Guest Anonymous

What Derpy said, basically.

There really is no objective reality in this world, strictly speaking.

Which, of course, includes whether someone or something is sentient or not.

We humans are stuck with our own perception, and modern science still has no way of proving that something like objective reality actually exists.

So make your best guess, take the best evidence into account and roll with it.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, you are right AGGuy.

As you can see, I am still working my evil agenda of breaking down thoughtform barriers and prejudice. LOL I think I am just about out of ideas and breath though on it. There are only so many ways I can say it.

Some will never accept what Mistgod and I are saying at all. I have to be okay with that. That is my next plan. :-) To be okay with what peoples choose to believe about tulpa status in relation to other thoughtforms. My dream of everyone hugging role playing characters and imaginary friends on the forum is a bit high of an expectation probably. LOL

Oh I am joking (mostly).

Objective reality does not exist inside of our perception. No matter how close we may think we've gotten, conscious experience is the definition of subjective, and it's always a corruption of the truth. I do appreciate those who recognize this yet still persevere for that "as close as possible" ideal though.

Subjective reality is reality, and it is also completely subjective. My views on (subjective) reality can be summarized pretty easily: I consider everything an illusion in the same sense that Minecraft is only a game, and while some aspects are more immersive than others, nothing stops you from playing it differently than you're expected to. Some people fully recognize life is basically a game and do whatever they want, even ignoring commonly accepted goals if they feel like it. Some people are more immersed than others - those are the people that think they live in an objective reality. And they're the people that don't know how to have fun in competitive games, obsessed with winning but forgetting the whole point of playing is to have fun.

But you know, "Winning is fun for me." Who am I to break their immersion? Play how you want.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Good points Lumi!

Still, outside of ourselves all thoughtforms still look the same for Davie and I. I can't tell the difference.

Subjective reality is reality, and it is also completely subjective.

Exactly.

But you know, "Winning is fun for me." Who am I to break their immersion? Play how you want.

On friggin' point. People will think what they want. Don't let them break you. [/code]

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Guest Anonymous

They won't break me no. Like Mistgod so much, I may rage out sometimes but I come back. You know, someone said "You're driving people away and slowly changing the forum to be Melian forum!"

Damn straight.

No I am not "trying to redefine tulpas" either. I just sometimes like to challenge elitist-bigots (and drive them away). The mods do want me to go easy though to avoid creating drama shit storms. I have to listen or get myself into trouble. So, with that in mind, I am hoping I (Mistgod and I) are done with this subject. We made our points well in the Groovy-guru thread, the Two Types of Tulpas thread and this thread. Okay, I think peoples more than got it. :-) That is all.

Guest Anonymous

Also, we do agree that the effort and hard work people put into making a tulpa is certainly worth of merit. That is one thing that sets tulpas apart perhaps in many cases. But that is no excuse to treat someone badly or look down on someone else or be less than welcoming, open minded, tolerant and kind.

Oops, damn it, this was to be an edit not a new post. Keep messing that up. My apologies on the double posting. Ugh.