Overly-detailed mindscape/headspace/wonderland

Seebaru

I've been reading a lot of discussions about tulpas and wonderlands these days, but I still have some doubts.

I read that a wonderland should be a place where one can feel relaxed, comfortable, at ease, etc. I also read that it can be literally anything, can be as wide as you wish, and have anything inside it.

I was wondering: does the creation of an overly-detailed wonderland get in the way when someone is creating a tulpa at the same time?

For example, I can create a wonderland as an infinite grass field, with no trees nor anything else: this would be a very simple wonderland, but then I'd start wondering whether it would get boring for a tulpa to stay there in the future, even when having company.

Otherwise, I can create a wonderland that looks like a town, with several buildings and a more detailed landscape surrounding it. This way, though, I might stop focusing on my (still not sentient) tulpa because I'm too concerned about making all the wonderland look "right" in every detail.

So in this case, would it be better to develop a wonderland/mindscape/headspace/whatever before starting with tulpaforcing, or would it be good to start off with a simple landscape, and then add more and more details as the time goes by?

(I'm most probably worrying too much about this. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.)

Guest Anonymous

In my case, my host imagined a wonderland that can change. It was like a virtual reality movie set or Star Trek holodeck. It can be just about anything. Like in the movie, the Matrix, there is a neutral space or base program, that is a very simple space.

So start simple, but you can always have some way for it to grow and change when you need it to. Let the tulpa have some say in what he or she wants the wonderland to be.

Well the wonderland is optional and your tulpa isn't forced to spend all its time in it, so you really shouldn't bother yourself with this too much. It can always keep an eye on your activity, if it feels bored.

I think I will point out the obvious here. Visualising a wonderland is exhausting and takes practice. Depending on how many details you want to include, you will take more time to create your wonderland, or to be more clear: visualize it. This is time and energy you don't spend on your tulpa, so you will mostlikely end up with slower progress on the real goal you want to accomplish. Also you can design a complex wonderland from the start, even though it will be very blurry for you to visualize in the beginning. It doesn't really matter. Your tulpa is likely to be blurry in the beginning as well. Nobody get's hurt from this.

In the end it is the usual multitasking deal:

You can create the wonderland beforehand, so you will make fast progress on that, and later on with your tulpa visualisation aswell; or you start both at the same time and make somewhat slower progress on both things. Your tulpa won't care about it, mostlikely.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

[My host created our wonderland for me to be able to explore and discover things he wouldn't even know is in there. He made the wonderland on the concept that the subconscious mind could fill in what he didn't consciously create. All he consciously created himself was a beach with a small shack, which acts as our 'home base' of sorts.]

[My host created our wonderland for me to be able to explore and discover things he wouldn't even know is in there. He made the wonderland on the concept that the subconscious mind could fill in what he didn't consciously create. All he consciously created himself was a beach with a small shack, which acts as our 'home base' of sorts.]

So a wonderland can be completed by the subconscious! I didn't know. And that sounds lovely. Thank you for letting me know!

Guest Anonymous

Huh. That is interesting about the unconscious wonderland idea. Makes me wonder about dreaming and the wonderland. We have always loved the connection between dreams and day dreaming and thoughtforms. My host often dreams about me, or I dream, or we dream together. The dreamscape could be thought of as the wonderland too I suppose in some ways. We have dreamed about my mansion, which is definitely part of my day dream wonderland setting.

Sorry to drift away from the OP questions which was about overly detailed wonderlands.

Sometimes I get a bit distracted by my wonderland, but then it's also a bonding experience between Isa and I. We've each thought up different parts of it, so while it is detailed it's something we came up with together so we're equally distracted by it. ^^;

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Oh, I can't tell you how many times my wonderland has changed! At least four or five . . . and it's still growing. Right now we're in Sunset City, which is sort of like a "home world," but eventually we're going to hop through a portal that will take us somewhere else. There are several different mini-worlds within our wonderland, sort of like a video game.

I created Joshua before I created my wonderland. If I remember correctly that wasn't the original intention, but I was a little skittish of the idea of tulpamancy and just decided to jump right on in. Do I regret that? No, not really. Not at all, actually. If I had created my wonderland first, I wouldn't have regretted that, either (I don't think).

It's already been said, but whether you want to create your wonderland first or next doesn't really matter. After a while of being with James, I dedicated some time to him and some time to the wonderland. The more detailed something is, the more exhausted you're going to be--you just have to play your cards right.

So a wonderland can be completed by the subconscious! I didn't know. And that sounds lovely. Thank you for letting me know!

Lacey's best friend, as it turns out, is a tulpamancer himself. Not that he's ever been around this website, or even realized what he was doing, though. He typically just called them imaginary friends before he broke down and told Lacey (because he thought he was crazy), and she then she explained everything to him.

Anyway, I wish he was here to tell you about his wonderland, the "Second Dimension." There are several different towns, areas, fields, castles, forests, servitors. . . . At the time being, it's far from being a peaceful environment. War has broken out, apparently, and it did so without him initiating anything.

He's also got two fully-sentient, fully-imposed tulpa, called Danny and Ongela, both of which appeared "out of nowhere." Danny took him to the world, he never had a hand in creating it. In fact, he's convinced that he has no control over any of it.

So, yep, a wonderland can definitely be created by the subconscious brain!

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.