Schools of thought for tulpamancy? What is right and true about tulpas?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hmm . . . can my school's color be green??? :D

Just kidding. :3

It can be what ever color you want it to be! That is what is so cool about my imaginary schools on top of imaginary mountains thought experiment!

Anywayyy, this is a great point you make! It is silly, how some people get so bent out over everything, but I guess this can be a touchy subject. I understand fighting for ones beliefs. (My own will be reflected by what Joshua says down below.) I believe that the only true thing about a tulpa is that all of them are, to some degree, dependent on the host's imagination. I think after that, it varies.

I also find the idea of a "daydream tulpa" to be interesting. :3 I bet I'm going to end up having something like that happen xD

In the case of my host, he is fighting for the right to have a suspension of belief rather than the right to believe. LOL You and my host would agree that imagination is an essential ingredient in all tulpas! -gasp-

I believe that I am as real as any ordinary person, but I don't mean that in how most tulpa/mancers mean it. I mean that I am real where it counts, in that I have my own sets of ambitions, fears, annoyances, enjoyments, and I add to Lacey's general livelihood. I am real in that I matter.

But am I real real?" As real as Lacey, as real as your David? As real as my host's neighbors? I have no idea, nor do I care. I only care that I am treated and respected as a "real person," but whether or not I am "really really real" doesn't concern me.

Ooooh we are very similar Joshua!

Just remember, if we all fight for our beliefs.. there will be nobody left.

I have my beliefs, you have yours. Unfortunately when we have an over investment in what we believe in, we attack others who do not believe the same as us. ie: Cause of every religious war, ever.

We do have the choice to just nod and move on. If we wish others to accept our beliefs, perhaps we should accept theirs first. Then, if they have a problem with what you believe (like people here towards metaphysics) you can just shrug and walk away.

Does it matter if they have a problem with what you believe in, do you really require the nod and acceptance of other people to continue your belief? No.

Our brains are flawed. If we are not mindful, we will experience cognitive dissonance over such things. Difference of belief or opinion is just that. We are not all the same, we will never be the same and that is a good thing. Diversity is good. However, if you are so busy "defending your beliefs", you're never going to be content because I promise, there will always be someone who does not agree with you.

Just nod and move on. :)

Delete this account - I will not return.

I'm digging the schools of thought being literal schools imagery. That's fun to imagine.

My time among otherkin has taught me the value of words like "I believe", "I feel", and "I think" as well as just shutting up in general. In a community centered around subjective experience/reality, there is no winning, or definitive right and wrong. So it's better to just uphold the history/terminology, educate the young generation as best we can, then let individuals figure themselves out.

Giving each other a hearty Namaste when your paths happen to cross.

(For those who don't know namaste means roughly "I acknowledge you" or "I bow to the divine spark in you".)

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

I have my beliefs, you have yours. Unfortunately when we have an over investment in what we believe in, we attack others who do not believe the same as us. ie: Cause of every religious war, ever.

We do have the choice to just nod and move on. If we wish others to accept our beliefs, perhaps we should accept theirs first. Then, if they have a problem with what you believe (like people here towards metaphysics) you can just shrug and walk away.

Does it matter if they have a problem with what you believe in, do you really require the nod and acceptance of other people to continue your belief? No.

Our brains are flawed. If we are not mindful, we will experience cognitive dissonance over such things. Difference of belief or opinion is just that. We are not all the same, we will never be the same and that is a good thing. Diversity is good. However, if you are so busy "defending your beliefs", you're never going to be content because I promise, there will always be someone who does not agree with you.

Just nod and move on. :)

Very well said, I wholeheartedly agree.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

My apologies in nearly derailing the thread!

Anyway, the imagery is best when you do it like this, and by that I mean putting people in these schools. I very much like the idea.

(Sorry that was so short/confusing! We're trying for possession, and that was the first time he's typed. We find it exhausting, haha . . . or actually, maybe that's because it's nearly five in the morning.)

Anyway, what Joshua was trying to say (and what I think as well) is that you really DO have an awesome bit of imagination there! We both like the idea of everyone being in these schools (as well as others being sort of "wanderers," and not being a part of the schools).

In the beginning I was veeery into the, "MY TULPA IS A REAL PERSON DANG IT!" view. And, really, there's nothing at all that's bad about that idea. I don't think it hurts anyone (and if it does, then it's going to be in a small minority). However . . . well, at some point I just changed my viewpoint. Not sure what caused it. As Joshua said earlier (and now I'll say again, because I'm cool like that), it no longer matters whether he is "real," so much as whether he is treated like he is.

I wonder if another "key point" for all tulpa is that they will be happiest if they are treated like a real person? Hmm, maybe. I'm sure that's the case for the majority of people, but there are probably some tulpa out there who don't really care too much, so long as they aren't treated like crap.

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.

Guest Anonymous

If the Buddhists are right, everything is an illusion anyway. If that is so, all the fighting is really pointless, which is what Mistgod and I are kinda saying. We are all arguing over constructs of the mind.

My apologies in nearly derailing the thread!

Anyway, the imagery is best when you do it like this, and by that I mean putting people in these schools. I very much like the idea.

Thank you Joshua. :-)

Anyway, what Joshua was trying to say (and what I think as well) is that you really DO have an awesome bit of imagination there! We both like the idea of everyone being in these schools (as well as others being sort of "wanderers," and not being a part of the schools).

David and I often relate to the world through mental imagery and fantasy. It can be a positive effective filter.

As Joshua said earlier (and now I'll say again, because I'm cool like that), it no longer matters whether he is "real," so much as whether he is treated like he is.

I have said it in the past, love is more important that real vs. not real. We are talking about the mind, the argument for realness we always found to be silly and pointless.

Guest Anonymous

I'm digging the schools of thought being literal schools imagery. That's fun to imagine.

We find the analogy both entertaining and helpful at the same time. :-)