Possession and musical instruments

mayanightstar

I was sitting in band today and was thinking about possession (still a very long way off for me, of course.) I thought a fun exercise some day for me and my tupper would be to play a musical instrument together. I play euphonium and string bass- controlling lungs migh be a very daunting task, but she could at least take over for my right hand and play the fingerings. Bass would probably be easier, but we can still just do one hand at a time while we're learning.

Could be a fun bonding exercise, kinda like when two friends try to play a video game with one controller, each person sharing half of it with one hand.

Anyone here play a musical instrument? Anyone ever tried what I'm describing here?

I almost gave up on tulpas after deciding I was happy with my semi-sentient OCs the way they were. Then one of them decided he'd be a tulpa anyway and I pretty much had no choice.

Host/Mun: Micah. They/them. Born 12/13/1995

(Official) Tulpa: Rosty (Rostislav). Him/his. Born (irl) mid Sept '16. (Canon: winter of 1986)

I play guitar (and very well might I add) and this is something that I want to be able to happen. A long time ago when we had some more possession practice, Al and I started learning the super Mario theme, where I played the bass parts with one hand, and he played the lead parts with the other. It honestly kinda worked, but then I fell out of practice. My hope is to be able to play piano like that, it'd make it really fun. Also to be able to have him sing while I play guitar or vice versa would make playing in my band a lot easier.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

I play guitar (and very well might I add) and this is something that I want to be able to happen. A long time ago when we had some more possession practice, Al and I started learning the super Mario theme, where I played the bass parts with one hand, and he played the lead parts with the other. It honestly kinda worked, but then I fell out of practice. My hope is to be able to play piano like that, it'd make it really fun. Also to be able to have him sing while I play guitar or vice versa would make playing in my band a lot easier.

That sounds like an awesome idea! I'm curious to find out how it works out if you ever try.

I almost gave up on tulpas after deciding I was happy with my semi-sentient OCs the way they were. Then one of them decided he'd be a tulpa anyway and I pretty much had no choice.

(Official) Tulpa: Rosty (Rostislav). Him/his. Born (irl) mid Sept '16. (Canon: winter of 1986)

That sounds like an awesome idea! I'm curious to find out how it works out if you ever try.

As soon as we can get possession down, I'll be sure to post something about it.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

Well the big first obstacle is the precision and speed. And THEN comes the technique.

Like, I played around a bit with my guitar and gamepads for stuff like this. The movements of my tulpa are mostly still too slow and clumpsy for anything good or productive. So this is something you really want to master before you try something, which even regular people need practice for. Point is you shouldn't expect that your tulpa is capable of jumping right into the action, just because you're used to it. Depending on how exactly you do possession, there might be some collaborated control possible, so your tulpa simply adds "commands" to your hands to go with the things you're already doing. Alice can boost my reflexes like this, so it isn't impossible.

Surely it is a fun thing to try.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Hey, practice makes perfect, and since I'm not perfect then I guess I better practice!

Hey, practice makes perfect, and since I'm not perfect then I guess I better practice!

Definitely. This applies for everyone, host and tulpa alike.

I'm not really into possession, but we used to play piano together...

It was mostly a kind of roleplaying-esque approach; I only did this with pieces that I could play without thinking (pieces I knew by heart and had played >100 times^^), and then I'd sit down and ask Nailann how she would play it.

Then I'd play it and try to listen to the impulses I get from her. It worked very well for a time, it turned out she had a distinctive style to play the piano, more aggressive even than me, hehe. I don't consider it possession but it was a small step in that direction.

Maybe proxying music, or something. :-P

My other tulpas had their own styles too; some of them were less distinctive, which is why I focused this piano-thingie mostly on two of them. (Who both had their favourite piece after a while^^)