dynamic and static wonderlands

tulpamancer31

which would you prefer?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. which would you prefer?

• dynamic
    • static

which is more prevalent in hosts, dynamic or static wonderlands?

first ill give you my own theories on the two types:

a dynamic wonderland is pretty much like an imaginary earth and you usually end up in a different place on the globe every time you visit it.

compare that to a static wonderland which is one that is either pre-existing in the mind created by an unknown force or by a forgetful, host or tulpa,it can also be made at the start/revival of a tulpamancing career and can only change if the host or tulpa changes it, they usually have no sentient independent thoughtforms instead having servitors and NPC's.depending on the situation a host may deprive tulpa of wonderland building privileges or vice versa.

tl:dr dynamic=like earth, static=like a video game map

which kind do you have? which is more fun in your opinions? which would you prefer?

"October 1st 2014 8:00pm Central time US, unknowing innocent 4channer Mariothefatplumber known now as tulpamancer31 on these lovely  forums, has just stepped into a world of pure imagination and wonder,something that he maybe should have tried to understand a little bit better before jumping headfirst into, mario has crossed over into the tulpamancing zone, better known as section E,Subsection 14, and division 2 and a third, of the Twilight Zone."

Guest Anonymous

I have a wonderland that is neither, as it is absolutely resistant to your rather arbitrary labels and classifications. It's belongs to our brain and you aren't allowed to see it. Anyways, it is a like a CGI virtual reality movie set that changes every time I visit to whatever my heart desires it to be. I call it the Melian Show. I don't know what you are talking about concerning NPCs and video games and servitors and all of that.

I did not vote in your poll as it makes no sense to me.

EDIT: OH FINE I voted for dynamic.

Static means it's the same every time. Dynamic means it changes often. A static wonderland that can be expanded through exploration is still static if what's explored stays that way, dynamic if it's different every time.

Our wonderland's 200% static. We don't have the imaginative capacity nor the visualization to have it change, every detail takes effort to create and then we keep it that way.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

OH well that makes more sense. The OP is saying that a static wonderland has no independently sentient tulpas? I don't get that part exactly. It is cofooozling.

Well, I guess having autonomous non-tulpa entities living in your wonderland would lend it a sense of dynamic-ness. But anyways, what he said are just some norms, not rules. The basis of the question is pretty simple:

When you visit your wonderland, is it the same place every time? A house, a yard, relatively stable surroundings? Or is it always different or liable to change, a random place on earth, a randomly generated city, or some kind of void space? Your answer doesn't have to be completely decisive but it should be pretty obvious which one yours more likely falls into.

I think it's a pretty good question and poll topic.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

The answer for me would be yes and no. It is both static and dynamic. My dreamscape mansion is pretty static and does have "servitors" and dream characters. I get it now. But the rest of my wonderland is dynamic because it is ever changing and can be anything.

I'm going with static, because things do typically stay the same and we usually have no intention of changing them. Usually. Of course, there are instances where things happen that we just really didn't see coming. For instance, one time Joshua and I went to the city's town square and the center of it was very foresty, but another time it was very misty, and skeletons started chasing us. o.O

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.

The OPs definitions of the two terms is very confusing. I take them to mean what the words themselves actually mean and voted that way.

While its still growing/developing, my wonderland is very much static. I like having a reliable place to "meet" when I force with my tulpa.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

My tulpas occasionally change the landscape every so often, but for the most part, it's usually "static". I think the most drastic change was the time when Reah cut the humongous cliffside near our wonderland house, reducing it's size immensely. It was certainly a sight to see... The cliff side was originally aboutone mile high, but it's about 1/4th of that size now.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

The only place I can name as "static" in my wonderland is Céleste's glass hut-thingy. The rest changes nearly every time I visit it. That's why I generally prefer the term "headspace" rather than "wonderland", because it's not actually a land, it's an infinite space that changes depending on a variety of factors.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.