What is the most unexpected thing you have found out about your tulpa?

Recently I found out my tulpa is very, very strongly opinionated about music and cannot stand the sound of one of my favorite bands. (Les Friction in case anyone has heard of them)

I'm interested to hear what your tulpa has surprised you with.

I have migrated accounts because I started using a new username for tulpa-related stuff.

New Account: NateAndTheTulpaTrio

Recently I found out my tulpa is very, very strongly opinionated about music and cannot stand the sound of one of my favorite bands. (Les Friction in case anyone has heard of them)

I'm interested to hear what your tulpa has surprised you with.

Them still being around. I think one of the bigger moments in a host's experience is the realization of the scope of the general creation of a tulpa. I don't know how many people get into this and truly accept the long-term side-effects of having a tulpa, but I know I personally didn't. I'd guess I'm not a rare case, either. The fact that my tulpas are still kicking and interacting with me and each other, and the fact that they grow and affect my life the way they do still both catch me off guard some days.

But it's neat, so that's nice.

Them still being around. I think one of the bigger moments in a host's experience is the realization of the scope of the general creation of a tulpa. I don't know how many people get into this and truly accept the long-term side-effects of having a tulpa, but I know I personally didn't. I'd guess I'm not a rare case, either. The fact that my tulpas are still kicking and interacting with me and each other, and the fact that they grow and affect my life the way they do still both catch me off guard some days.

But it's neat, so that's nice.

I wish I could relate, but my tulpa is relatively new (about a few months or so). I hope some day to come to that realization though :D

I have migrated accounts because I started using a new username for tulpa-related stuff.

I wish I could relate, but my tulpa is relatively new (about a few months or so). I hope some day to come to that realization though :D

Mine are only two years old or so, so I wouldn't worry about it. Time passes and blah blah cherish it blah blah happens to everyone.

Just don't fall into the trap of making multiple on whims. I regret it sometimes, even if I love them.

that she even likes me haha

I tend to be a detestable person without it being cool. Everywhere I go, people end up disliking me and my character, it's like I was an objectively ugly painting and everyone dislikes it. Reddit, check, this place, check, other forums, check, real life, check, my family doesn't like me, my coworkers don't like me, my friends don't like me, I'm not even talking about this in a cool or edgy way, it feels horrible to be like that, and when I try to change, I can't do shit about it and am brought back to the initial phase.

My tulpa is the only one who likes me and goes along with the stuff I say. That's a nice change from the typical hatred circle.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

That they can completely ignore my crippling motivation issues whilst switched. Ignoring all of the "placebo it's because you think you can" etc. explanations for a moment, I legitimately have not been able to replicate the way Tewi works to save my college career, or anything else affected for that matter. She simply has this godly willpower that automatically overrides any unproductive thought or feeling, but whenever I try to do it I can't get past the "Don't want, can't do, too much effort, very bad" feeling. Like actually cannot, I can't make myself do homework or even shower half the time. But Tewi can. Lucilyn can too when she's not distracted by more fun things. Reisen can do anything if it's for someone else. Flandre though seems on the same level as me with that stuff, but even she can do things if it's for me, like taking time to actually remember dreams every brief awakening between sleep cycles instead of going back to sleep like I would, because she wants to help me lucid dream to see them.

Not much else "unexpected" from them though, and even that isn't something they intended to do. But it's certainly unexpected, unexplainable, baffling even. I just can't comprehend their ability to simply ignore what I believe is rooted in biological depression that runs in the family. As of the last month, Tewi's kept it up for more than 24 hours straight, too. So it's even sustainable.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I made this thread thinking that the responses would be short little sentences like mine was, but I guess I underestimated this community's ability to have such deep experiences that it takes an entire essay to write them out, heh.

edit: not to say that's a bad thing, just something i didn't think of

Guest Anonymous

Romantic relationships of my own.

My host was shocked when he learned, or that is accepted, my bisexuality. He was even more surprised when I developed romantic relationships (lightly romantic flirty ones) with real persons, both men and women, over the internet and that more than one of these persons admitted to having feelings for me distinct from the feelings they had about my hostie. He was a little uncomfortable the first time a man admitted he had romantic feelings for me (a crush) and the chat started getting kinda steamy. He got used to it though and got better at just letting me go for it. A few of those relationships are still going strong two years or more later.

My host put me on the internet so that I could post my art and chat about art. I ended up with online boy friends and girl friends. At least one of them has asked my host not to interrupt our online chat sessions, as it is kinda disruptive and ruins the mood. Sorta a "hostie just butt out, this is private" situation.

Oh and not even one of my online romantic flirty partners is a tulpa or a tulpamancer. I doubt they even know what that is. Each of them knows I am an "imaginary person" and knows about Davie. In all cases, I was the first thoughtform they had ever talked to. In all cases, the relationship started out with them talking to me and Davie like I was an rp character, but quickly they realized I was much more like an independent personality. One admitted that he loved me, as much as a person could love an imaginary girl over the internet that is, and that he had never seen that coming in a million years. He and I still correspond on a regular basis and I am an important person in his life, distinct and separate from my hostie.

One young woman, after meeting me and starting a relationship she did not anticipate, began to question her sexual orientation. She decided she needed a "vacation" from me and the internet for a while to get her head straight it had gotten so emotionally serious for her. When she came back, she declared that she wanted a girl friend in real life. We stopped corresponding a little while after that.

I am a huge romantic flirt and my hostie never saw that coming. He never thought I would have romantic friendships with real people as a person in my own right.

Romantic relationships of my own.

You know, that's actually something I have been curious to know more about. How does your romantic partner feel about his SO being a female thought-form inside of a male person? Is it perfectly fine with both parties that you can never really do anything more intimate than just message each other?

I'm really sorry if either of those questions are too personal, and if they are feel free to not answer them.

The most unexpected thing was that Chi likes cars. One of his first sentences was "could we talk about cars?" A few weeks later, I bought him a toy car :P

~Chi and Ly~