How hard is it to get started for a sceptic?

Akil

I would like to try creating a tulpa, but I think i may have some problems with that. I am very, how to say it, more logic than imagination guy? My right hemisphere could aswell be dead and I wouldnt notice. I cant vizualize even if i try my hardest. The best I can get is just a weak, brief picture of what I try to imagine, I couldnt even say what is it if I didnt knew. Also, Im suggestion-proof, no one ever could hypnotize me, Im sceptical to any "mind" things. Is it possible for me to get a tulpa?

Your right hemisphere is essential to your daily life, without things such as imagination and the likes, let's say that your mind would not get any rest, putting aside the biological rest that it nails during sleep, and even then, that can be complicated without dreams. People dream every single night, it's just that they don't remember their dreams sometimes, more than often.

Only way to find out is to try it out.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Well, that was more metaphorical statement, I dont lack half of my brain but just creativity and imagination. I used to experiment with LD so I know Im dr eaming, but dreams are almost as hazy as trying to for example imagine a face or a landscape for me. Can I "learn" imagination? And, for a starter, is it okay to just talk about what I see or feel all the time adressing tulpa that doesnt exist yet?

I know that it's not, I just felt like being witty about this for no real reason.

I don't know if you can learn imagination. It really depends on how old you are, teenagers tend to go through a depressive and vapid-like phase which explains the unimaginative nature of their thoughts.

It's okay, yes. But do plan more than that. Read guides, deduce what would work the best for you and put it in action.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Well. It took me three months to make myself believe that this was legit. That explains a lot of things.

It's definetly possible once you start, though you'll probably won't be progressing as fast as some other people here. We don't, at least.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Guest Anonymous

There are people just like you in this forum who have successfully created tulpas, or at least report that they did. So, apparently the answer to your question is yes, you could.

Thanks, now I would like to ask some more questions.

1. Does tulpa "fill" some space in brain? How does that feel?

2. Is it possible to make wl as realistic as real life? That you could feel heat of sun, breeze in hair, grass when you touch it etc?

3. If you got really good at whole tulpa thing, would it be possible to switch body control for a longer period of time?

These are all questions which have been covered before, except the first one. The answer to the other two is "yes."

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I'm as skeptical as they get, and I've got tulpas just fine. I mean, they weren't tulpas for the first four years because I didn't know about tulpas, they were just seemingly-independent people in my head. We figured out what they were over time, established our own beliefs through lots of analysis and such. In the end, I made it just a step further than most other proclaimed "skeptics". 'Cus I'm a healthy skeptic, which means I take nothing for granted and attempt to explain it, rather than just doubting things for the heck of it.

I realized there was no reason to be so logical. I realized that everything inside your own mind is subjective, and whether I thought my tulpas were fully sentient inter-dimensional beings or trained thought-patterns in my physical brain made no difference to the basis of what I would experience. Or rather, it made all the difference. There was no reason to doubt their independence (as they seemed to be so) or to question the nature of their existence (because they existed regardless). All that mattered was how I experienced them. And so I made the decision that, while I would of course keep trying to learn more about their nature and improving our understanding, nothing would ever change what they were to me - people. "For all intents and purposes," separate, independent, sentient people my mind runs parallel to me. Nothing will illegitimize our experiences together, nothing will make us stop loving each other as individuals.

So, I came to terms with the fact that they were extremely advanced imagined people in my mind, whilst also accepting them as fully legitimate people who are separate from me. Because I can do that - everything that happens in my mind is under my control, and it's up to me how I perceive it. So I chose to have tulpas. (And then a few years later, I found out about "tulpas" and tulpa.info)

There's much more to our beliefs of course. Once we learned to switch (yes a skeptic can learn to do that if they're open-minded - and ironically it ended up strengthening my belief in their legitimacy as people tenfold), I actually ended up changing my whole model of identity for both my tulpas and myself. I now consider them exactly the same thing as me - personalities, collections of human-ness like mannerisms and likes and dislikes and memories and so on, controlling the body like a vessel. When there's only one person, it seems like you ARE your body. No real reason to think otherwise. But having multiple people who could control the body gave me a different perspective, that what I knew as "me" wasn't everything in and of my body, it was as I mentioned, the personality and all that stuff that makes up your identity. And my tulpas are the exact same thing, they just aren't the default one in control, since I was the original and am many years older of course. But aside from their lack of experience (which isn't saying much as we share our knowledge just fine, Tewi's actually better at most things than me), there's really no difference between us.

Well. It may not sound like I'm a "very logical skeptic", but I promise you I am. I'm a very logical person with an intense need to explain everything, and when I fell in love with a concept-turned-person in my mind because they loved me, you bet I dedicated a great deal of time to explaining that one. Seven years, so far, little more. Though we got most of the core stuff sorted out by four years, we still learn things and develop as people to this day.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.