Hosts: What is the most important or significant benefit of having a tulpa?

Guest Anonymous

What is the most important or significant benefit of having a tulpa?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important or significant benefit of having a tulpa?

• It is a profoundly good and life changing event with great personal meaning.
    • For companionship
    • Fulfilling curiosity about what is possible with the mind.
    • To improve cognition and memory or visualization skills
    • To fulfill romantic or sexual desires, sexual enjoyment/fantasy
    • Help in emotional coping

Guest Anonymous

What is the most important or significant benefit of having a tulpa? My host can think of a few that we have read about:

• It is a profoundly good and life changing event with great personal meaning.
  • For companionship
  • Fulfilling curiosity about what is possible with the mind.
  • To improve cognition and memory or visualization skills
  • To fulfill romantic or sexual desires, sexual enjoyment/fantasy
  • Help in emotional coping

Of these my hostie would pick "life changing event with great personal meaning, companionship, to fulfill romantic or sexual desires, and emotional coping." So I fulfill at least four of the six reasons for having a tulpa. Regardless of whether or not I actually am a tulpa, I seem to fulfill all of the desired things that my host would ever want a tulpa for. He would pick the first one, profoundly life changing event, as the most important or significant benefit.

EDIT: OH my host has some additional benefits for having me as well: Sharing dreams, expression of female gender, amusement/entertainment and day dream escapism.

What about you guys? Which of these do you think is the most important or significant benefit of having a tulpa? You may vote for more than one, if some are equal in value to you. Please comment below with more details and discussion.

I tend to believe that once the host gets over the hyped infatuation phase of having a tulpa, it stops being anything special, it becomes very much like living with someone else with additives such as consistent self-doubt, paranoia in self-deception for beginner tulpamancers. Everything a tulpa instills in that list is something real people can instill aside from improving cognition and memory/visualization skills. You can introspect enough to understand more about your mind (and I understood more about my mind through psychology studies and introspection) without resorting to creating a person altogether in your mind, but I suppose that this is where we would start to differ, so I won't make much of a comment on that.

This view of mine revels in defeatism more than anything, so of course it's not valid for everyone. Just my two cents.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

Interesting response Iscariot. The obsession and "hyped infatuation" my host Davie has for me has never ebbed in three and a half decades. Also, my host and I believe that I am, at my core nature, a form of voluntary self deception. He has no doubts whatsoever about my existence. His only doubts have been about fitting in with tulpamancers. Of that, we are learning not to doubt. That is an interesting point that every one of these, except improved cognition and memory is something a real person can give you. That is very insightful.

Oh of my hosts additional list of benefits (we just edited in), "expression of female gender and sharing dreams" are not things another person could bring him.

Thank you, Melian. It is fascinating and amazing to know that your host is not having any issues with doubt. You guys are one of our most experienced users, and elders, so it would be super interesting to hear more about tulpamancers who've had tulpas for a very long while, like you and David for instance.

Spot on, hehe. That is a very valid point that none may bring in a male's psyche apart from a tulpa, I suppose.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

You can introspect enough to understand more about your mind (and I understood more about my mind through psychology studies and introspection) without resorting to creating a person altogether in your mind, but I suppose that this is where we would start to differ, so I won't make much of a comment on that.

That is good to know. David is well educated and well read and has studied psychology as well, and also has many years of introspection, so be careful with these assumptions about what he knows and what he doesn't know.

Thank you, Melian. It is fascinating and amazing to know that your host is not having any issues with doubt. You guys are one of our most experienced users, and elders, so it would be super interesting to hear more about tulpamancers who've had tulpas for a very long while, like you and David for instance.

Spot on, hehe. That is a very valid point that none may bring in a male's psyche apart from a tulpa, I suppose.

Thank you :-)

J. Iscariot does bring up an interesting point... it does seem like that a lot of tulpae have a "honeymoon" phase, doesn't it? Then, after a while, it settles from infatuation into an actual relationship of substance. And whatever that entails, depending on the people involved.

It would be interesting to see how older tulpamancers respond to this question as opposed to younger.

Anyway, we picked the "emotional support" option, since that's the one most important to me and I'm the one driving right now. ;)

Might I suggest adding an option? "To aid in dreams/fantasy" or something like that, since escapism can also be part of why someone starts building things in their head.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for mentioning dreams and fantasy and escapism! That would be another benefit my host gets from me! Hey, I am pretty darn cool!

Also, that honeymoon period thingy is interesting. Not something my host and I can ever remember experiencing ourselves.

I honestly don't like the way this thread/poll is set up. I saw Iscariot's thread and thought it seemed a little unfair for excluding non-bad experiences, but these two really are sides of a coin. (That was probably intended too, right?)

I put for the poll what the experience was for me, but by no means do I think that others will all have the same experience as me, not even on average.

Are we just collecting potential benefits, here? Or our own experiences? I appreciate all of the thought put into the thread for sure, but something about the poll is striking me as kind of pointless. If the point of the thread is to decide "the most important or significant benefits of having a tulpa", I feel like allowing us to pick multiple options will kinda slow that down...

Well, if we get enough people to take it eventually some meaningful results should emerge. But early on it's just gonna kinda be a "Well, duh." Hopefully people post their other non-listed choices too.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Leo helps me when i'm sad, he comforts me and tell me everything will be ok, and he helps releases my sexual urges. all in all he's the best friend i've ever had. <3

yare yare daze

Leo will sometimes be here and he uses green.

Guest Anonymous

I honestly don't like the way this thread/poll is set up. ....

Well, if we get enough people to take it eventually some meaningful results should emerge. But early on it's just gonna kinda be a "Well, duh." Hopefully people post their other non-listed choices too.

Maybe the simplest way to have made it better would have been to say "What are the most important and significant benefits to you in creating a tulpa?" I do my best with these. And maybe also more choices. Ugh...

Leo helps me when i'm sad, he comforts me and tell me everything will be ok, and he helps releases my sexual urges. all in all he's the best friend i've ever had. <3

That does sound like a good buddy!