Playing Board Games with Your Host

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I play board games with my host, his wife and his brother and his step daughter. Most often we play Talisman. My host's family knows all about me and let me have a turn and Davie moves my pieces for me and tells them what I am saying.

I also play Dungeons and Dragons/Pathfinder with them. My character is named Miriel Understone and is a halfling alchemist.

195x260http://img01.deviantart.net/24b4/i/2013/353/7/b/miriel_understone_by_mistgod-d6yirl1.jpg[/img]

Davie's family knows me so well, they can tell when I am giggling and gloating about winning or something, even before Davie tells them. They talk directly to me during the game and Davie relays my answers second hand. I do not possess or switch with him or speak in real life. That would be silly and too uncomfortable.

In the past, before he told everyone about me, he would let me play "in secret" by running a character of my own without letting others know I was the one doing it. He would just let me direct through him and I would play sorta with him with a female character in Dungeons and Dragons.

Anyways, I was wondering how many of you play board games with your host alone or with your host and friends and family like that or have ever thought of it?

P.S. I sometimes pout when I lose. I hate to lose at games and don't like playing when I am losing. Davie says I am a poor sport. I gloat too much when I win. He wanted me to tell you that and isn't happy til I did.

"Andy and I don't really play board games... we don't have time for that. We play TF2, never played a board game in my life, what's it like? We played Checkers in the past, but that was unfair since Andy is a god at Checkers."

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Oh, right. We did play Risk this one time, but she ended up bored as hell and we just started to mess around with the pieces.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

James and I have taken tuns deciding which cards were to go down next when playing Crazy 8's with the family, but we've never played a board game together. Oh, we should do that some time. . . .

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.

The ways we do things don't really make playing board games very feasible. If we're truly together on the same level it's probably in the wonderland, where my visualization is way too poor to play something so complicated. They often play things (well, Lucilyn does) while switched, but again not great for multiplayer stuff. And in your guys' scenario, it's kinda like how I don't like proxying my tulpas. It feels rather one-sided to say "Hey, you're that side of the board, tell me how to move your pieces". When we do stuff like that it's usually not interactive, like watching stuff together or more often just talking. And I'm not very good at focusing on talking to them whilst playing something like TF2. So I guess the amount of things we do together is rather limited. Though most of them aren't that interested in games in the first place, and the one that is gets decent amounts of time to play while switched, so it works for us I guess.

Sounds like you guys have a pretty nice thing going on though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Board games more like bored games..

Playing with the others would be great, but the dumb stuff we can do is nowhere near as fun as actually playing a game. No offense meant but the "I'll name a word and then you name a word that starts with the letter it ended with and we'll go in a circle" game we played a long time ago was rather uneventful. It wasn't even really a game, it was just practice for having us all active at once. Board games are dumb too. I get that they're all about immersion, but to me (and Lumi too) they're all the same thing, rolling dice and then doing predetermined stuff. There's no freedom. And the board games with more "freedom" are really complicated and therefore not fun either. I just wanna play real games.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas