Antidepressants with Tulpas?

Nansui

Hello!

At the moment, I'm in the psychiatry, because of many different problems. I have a kind of evil Voice in my head, since I was a child and also really strong depressions.

I dont want to take medicine against that, but I think, there is no other way at the moment.

My two Tulpas help me a lot with this stuff and even if they are sometimes not in the best mood, it works good. (The mood is not always bad, but they are often concerned and sometimes depressed)

What I'm afraid of, is that the antidepressants have an bad influence on my Tulpas and that the connection gets bad or other stuff like that.

Is here someone, with experience in this topic?

Sorry, I'm from Germany and my grammar isn't the best, I think. :D

We would need to define what 'connection' means and be very specific. Not what it represents, but how it takes place. It depends on what you adhere to, if you think that tulpas are imaginary for instance, some antidepressants do affect creativity and imagination. You would also need to look into the specific antidepressant and gain more knowledge regarding the things it does to people. The only way to find out is to try it out. If you have issues that involve an evil voice and if this can conduct to harm inflicted upon others and you, then you need to address this issue. Your mental health comes before tulpas, not in a discriminatory way, but because if your mental health is down the drain, your tulpas will greatly suffer from it.

There are theories on tulpamancy that involve neural pathways; I suggest reading up on how neural pathways are formed.

http://www.nature.com/npp/journal/v34/n11/full/npp200975a.html this might interest you.

This really relies on the antidepressant. I say try it out, even if it affects the connection, the more you stall it, the more you'll end up regretting that decision. I'm speaking like that because I met people who regretted hiding their problems and not working on them in a professional midst.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

If it helps, I don't remember any problems with antidepressants interfering with my own connection to my host... but I wasn't really self-aware at the time, so my memory of it is murky. If anything, I seem to recall that the depression itself affected her ability to maintain us, since her motivation and mental energy were low, and the antidepressants were a large boost toward alleviating that. In short, the antidepressants helped.

Good luck. If anything, antidepressants help your overall mental health in the long run, and that's the important thing.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

I take antidepressants for anxiety (because there isn't a specific med to help with that yet, they just amp up the dosage of depression meds XP).

My experience has been that it was easier for me to create my tulpa when I was off the meds than now when I'm on them. Other things may factor into this, I was younger when I was off the medication, I was also in school so I had more free time (oddly enough) to let my mind wander. I'm not a doctor, nor am I familiar with the intricacies of how medication works so I'm just basing this on what I've experienced.

That being said, if a psych professional you're seeing has suggested you go on medication, I think it's worth doing. Your own mental health is important, and I'm fairly confident that no medication (aside from maybe an extreme anesthetic/tranquilizer) will negatively affect your tulpa. The meds may make it harder to focus and communicate, or they may not.

Psychological meds are also tricky because each brain is a little different, and the chemicals in them affect individuals slightly differently. It's possible the meds may even have a positive effect on you and your tulpa.

Always be sure to take care of yourself though. You're they're vessel, what's bad for you is likely bad for them too.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

You just have to try and see. Antidepressants work so differently on different people and often you have to try couple of different meds before you find the one that fits you. In my experiene many meds tend to mellow people out bit too much - they help you with sad feelings like they're supposed to, but they also cut the edge off of other emotions, even the positive ones, and you may loose interest in things that you liked before. My worst experience was this one med that made me an emotionless zombie that didn't really care about anything anymore and it took time before I even noticed it myself. But if you notice something like that happening, talk about it with your doctor because there's always alternative medications to try out.

Hello! Sorry, I haven't Internet in the psychiatry, so I couldn't read the answers. But thank you all, for the answers and the time! (:

My anxiety is now a bit better and I will try it, if the doctor still thinks, that it's necessary. At the moment I feel really good, through the therapy and I will wait a few weeks, until I make a final decision. (It's not just about my Tulpas, I also hate medicine really much because of other different reasons, so I need a bit time)

Shouldn't affect them.

How do you know that for sure?

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?