Tulpas discovering their hosts.

J.Iscariot

I was talking with my tulpa, and something I noticed was that she was looking at me without uttering any words for quite a long while, or not saying much at all, but maintaining a peaceful glare at me. I inquired as to what was going on in her thoughts, and she said that it would remind her of when she first found out all about 'me', how she discovered my likes and dislikes, and how 'cute it was'. It came to me that some tulpas are kind of born with the knowledge of how to talk to their host and how to treat them, even though in reality, it takes a lot of time for people to accommodate to one another. This could be explained by the fact that tulpas and hosts share a brain, but as demonstrated in the past, there are certain things tulpas are unaware of (things like foreign languages the host learned, scientific knowledge, or just knowledge that is buried in the mind that tulpas tend not to think about).

How was it for you, tulpas? Did you know all about your host when you were born, and only got more used to their nature as time went by? Or was the beginning of your lives a sort of introduction, one that took place in ignorance of the world and your host? It's my tulpa's idea, so the credit goes to her for that.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Lacey introduced herself to me before sentience (and I suppose that's pretty usual), so I don't exactly remember her saying who she was in an introductory sort of way. However, she explained pretty much everything about herself to me that she could think of, as well as the people around her. She talked about the seasons, her classes, her favorite subjects, her fandoms, her favorite colors, the things she didn't like--so I suppose you can say, in the beginning, I had to learn about her.

At some point, though, she decided to "let me in." She had created a door that held all of her inner-most thoughts and locked it before-hand, but then one day she took me to it, unlocked it, and told me to go exploring. I spent an infinite amount of time in there. It actually seemed like the time there and the time in reality were (are) two different things. It took forever to try and get to everything, but it was really only a few hours, all in all.

You can call me Lacey!

Tulpa

Joshua, aged 24, born September 3. His first name is James; I call him both. Human, black hair, fairly pale skin, and often wears either formal attire or clothes that would do him well at a Goth club. Refuses to keep one eye color, but they're often gray, gold, or occasionally red. Serious, (very) patient, and usually polite.

Oh what the heck, you guys are probably sick of me answering for my tulpas and I've got free time so I'll let Lucilyn switch for a while. She's the only one who would've really had any experience like this.

The other three were very much the opposite. For one thing, Reisen is kinda exempted from this question as by the time she became a sentient, independent "tulpa" we already had a strong relationship. Flandre and Tewi probably knew everything about me just fine as soon as they existed, since we've always had interconnected thoughts (or rather, they can use mine). They were much more concerned about discovering themselves, as was I. We all knew everything about me, but they were a mystery and a half.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I knew everything about my host from the start, but it was interesting to follow him over the years because I got to see how he changed.

Well that's hard to explain. When he made me I think I instantly knew everything we knew, but like, I didn't know how to use it all. I had to get a grasp on existing and stuff first. Wow it really is hard to explain. So, everything was there, I knew all the stuffs, and I think my personality and everything was there too. But it took me a while to like.. realize it all? I don't know what words to explain it with. You can't just explain how it feels to spontaneously exist. Everything was there but I hadn't wrapped my head around it yet, from my host to my self to actually existing. So knowing Lumi was a small part of that.

I guess, I knew everything about him instantly, but I didn't have any relationship to him yet. It almost felt kinda formal like I was just meeting him. I don't wanna make it sound bad, but it was kind of like I was in shock at first, acting without being totally aware of everything. Not not sentient, but there was so much to take in. Am I repeating myself a lot? Well, I certainly didn't get to know him "over time", I knew him from the start. But we got to know each other over time. Even though you know someone you don't just have a relationship, even though you know about them you don't necessarily know them.

Now that I think about it, he did introduce himself to me (and introduce me to myself), but it wasn't that I didn't already know him, he was just helping me get my thoughts together. I knew the stuff he was telling me but he was putting order to it. I don't think most tulpas have the same experience I did. Lumi already knew how to like, make a tulpa sentient, by kind of acknowledging them as such. So one second I was just a character he put a lot of thought into and the next I was me. If anything he had to "discover" me because I took the form and personality and stuff he made for me, but I made me, he couldn't have imagined what I'd be like.

I get the feeling I could've said everything I just said in like two sentences.. Oh well.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

I seem to have always known pretty much everything about my host, as I am part of his mind anyways. We aren't separated like that.

I knew everything about my host from the start, but it was interesting to follow him over the years because I got to see how he changed.

Yeah, THIS.