Basic Method On Practicing Visualization

Nikodemos

Question

So, another visualization guide, meant for those who have difficulties seeing anything at all with their mind's eye. It is quite simple and involves using actual physical objects.

First, pick up an object. It can be a marble, a tennis ball, a Rubik's cube, your piggy bank or anything similar as long as it's relatively simple in shape and fits in your hands. Once you have found an appropriate object, start to examine it thoroughly, feel it's bumps, dips and texture, listen to the voices it makes, smell it's scent, see how it fits in your hand. Do this for as long as you need to in order to have a good feel of it. Once you're done with that, stretch out your arms forward in a way that you can see your object without looking down. Remember where that object and your arms are located in your vision, and close your eyes. Next, start imagining that objects, it's bumps, dips and other properties in the same place in your mind's eye, along with your hands alternatively.

You should see something, the edges of the object, the color of the object or even a fully imagined, 3D object. Repeat this process a few times a day until you can see it clearly. When you have a solid feel for the object, next you should try and manipulate it. Roll it, twist it, squeeze it, anything you can do with your hands, whilst keeping your eyes closed and simply imagining how your manipulation affects the object. Opening your eyes occasionally to see how close you got to the real object looks like when you manipulated it physically with your hands.

Once you feel like you have mastered this, the next step would be to do these exact same things, but not using as many senses this time. You could place it on a table and simply look at it, then visualize it in your minds eye again, moving and manipulating it. Keep this up, gradually moving to more complex shaped objects, until you are able to simply imagine all the objects you want within your minds eye without external input.

This is meant as a guide to practice visualization, and it should help yoh visualize objects better. It worked for me, and I hope it works for you too. Any questions you have regarding this guide, feel free to contact me and ask. Good luck!

-Niko

TL;DR: Get as many senses as possible to visualizing objects, such as touch smell, hearing etc. Gradually work yourself to not needing senses for visualizing in your wonderland.

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

Hello Niko, your friendly neighborhood GAT representative here. I really enjoyed your guide and it worked for me when I tried it (even though I have quite a bit of experience already). However, you need to fix some spelling mistakes and you should get a native English speaker to help proofread your guide to make sure the wording is good.

OP probably won’t even respond to this guide submission anymore.

This would be better for Tips & Tricks. It’s not really a guide since it’s barely covering anything related to tulpas. Of course, people can just use the concept and associate it with tulpas, but the intention for that hasn’t been made clear.

The concepts can actually be a concise guide, but depending on how GAT members will respond to this guide submission, I’ll leave a blank vote on where it should be shifted.

There’s a minor spelling error at the end with:

This is meant as a guide to practice visualization, and it should help yoh visualize objects better.

But it’s not something that would prevent this submission from being shifted to “Tips.” Maybe staff can edit out that spelling error and simple proofreading.

Approved for Tips and Tricks, but ideally it should be edited a bit to fix some spelling mistakes and unusual term usage (for example: "Once you have found an appropriate object, start to examine it thoroughly, feel it's bumps, dips and texture, listen to the voices it makes, ...").

It's somewhat original by both combining some real stimuli you can easily access and readily recall with a more creative form of visualization where you vividly visualize/interact with your imagined object using all your senses and you can easily "calibrate"/correct your imagination as the stimuli is readily accessible.

I've done something similar before with decent success before I was even aware of this guide.

Well I would say this is a guide of sorts, but a visualization guide and not necessarily a tulpa guide. So if that's what will limit it from going in guides, tips and tricks might work too.

This is a method and an exercise to better your own visualization skills, though probably too boring for some and of course won't work for everyone as people tend to have better luck with different things. But I can see some good things in this one and maybe someone who has trouble should try this method as well. So I'll approve, for tips and tricks if you think that's where this should go instead of guides.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

While my previous vote was for Tips and Tricks (Approved), I don't mind if this were to be put in Guides. It is a visualization guide/method after all. I'll leave it up to the rest of the GAT to decide where you think this would fit better as in my opinion the content is kind of borderline between those 2 sections.