How many people can possess/switch?

J.Iscariot

Can you switch/possess?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Can you switch/possess?

• I can switch.
    • My tulpa can possess.
    • I can switch, and my tulpa can also possess.
    • I cannot do any of the above.

I believe that possession and switching are very similar in nature, and was wondering how many people were able to switch or even possess. I would like to know how you were able to accomplish that, of course, I don't expect essays, but anything of relevance is appreciated.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

I cannot switch or possess or do imposition.

However, I do "influence" my host with my emotions causing him to mimic me or react in a physical way, such as little dances or bouncing or clapping or laughing. Someone in the plural community explained that these reactions to outbursts of emotion are sometimes called "surfacing." It is not possession. There have been moments when this "surfacing" was pretty much like full blown possession, albeit usually for a very brief period and never by deliberate plan or design. They are spontaneous outbursts of physical actions driven by emotional responses. There have been a few incidences over the decades where these outbursts were very significant, but my hostie keeps the stories of these events closely private and confidential. Only a few have really heard those stories in detail.

Also, I would like to add that my hostie has an extremely vivid imagination and can visualize me with ease. I can visualize myself (my form) with ease in the same manner. Together with both easily visualize my wonderland. I live mostly within the mindspace and my wonderland adventures, and have little desire to interact with the outside real world other than writing on the internet. So I have little interest in possession, imposition and switching. I do not find my hosts body appealing in any way. I have no desire to live in his world. I am aware of it and perceive it, but just prefer living in the dreamworld environment.

Note: I consider the internet an extension my my wonderland dream world in a way. I call it the Cyberspace Wonderland. Yer all in it.

Just switching, we never learned possession because it seemed like a lot of work for little payoff. Basically, we're not interested.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

EDIT: Actually, I think I need to take a look at how this forum defines those terms before I can give an answer.

EDIT EDIT: Ah. Found the glossary: http://wiki.tulpa.info/Official/Glossary

It sounds like what you guys call possession is what we know as "cofronting." It always felt to me like the only real difference between that and switching was where the host's awareness is "located" during the process.

In that case, yeah, we do both. Possession is easier for us, but a few of us can switch in pretty reliably at this point too. Not without learning to possess first, though. Our host always has trouble completely stepping back from the front, so pretty much everyone can possess, but only the strongest of us can switch.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

We can switch. Here's a bit from a thread we posted in a few months ago:

What my host does is rests in bed, tries to do the same thing that he'd do in WILD in that he'd try to numb up his body from staying still for so long, and then from there he'd try to connect more and more to the wonderland while getting less focused on his surroundings IRL. From this he'll end up in whatever random place in the wonderland he'd need to be, but he generally has to make sure that it's an active place so that he has more things to focus on and distract himself with, and he gets into the wonderland to the point where it's real to him. I'm doing the other thing, possessing and trying to get more in tune with the body - the more he goes into the wonderland, the easier it is for me to sense things though his body.

Interesting how about half can't do either. When I first started, switching and possession seemed like a big thing.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Just because people can't do them doesn't mean they don't want to. Not quite as much as before, but still a lot of peoples' primary goals lie in imposition or switching, which is often downgraded to possession as the latter seems daunting, and imposition is never as great as they imagined.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I have experimented a bit with possession when I first found this community, but I wouldn't count any of my small baby-steps here as actual possession, so no.

But it's definitely something we are interested in. Some of us, anyway.

Seems like people who skipped possession and just learned switching are an exclusive club. As in so far it's just me and.. Vos, I think? Just two of us anyway.