How to work with vocality?

Wambl

Hello. I started creating my tulpa about 2 months ago and I now I think that she's 'there' but we don't really have a way to communicate. I guess the most constant way of communicating for us now is her giving me a "feeling" on/around my shoulder area when I say "hi" to her, accompanied by a relaxing feeling/presence/aura or something. This doesnt happen every time but if i repeat it a couple of times I get this response about 90% of the time.

Of course i guess I cant be 100% sure that its her, but the way I figured this out was that I started to notice this happening maybe a month ago. And one time I said "hi" to her 7 or so times, getting this response every time.

So how could we make progress with speech? I think i've heard her two times, a month ago and 1 week ago. The most recent one was a short sentence that didnt quite make sense until I thought about it for a while. Also, what are these responses supposed to 'feel' like? I dont remember what the first response felt like and the recent one is kinda hard to explain. It was like at first I like "thought" about saying it (or thinking, i dont know :P) but I didn't, but then it kinda just 'happened' or something? And it was really weird.

Hello Wambl, This is a good question that I tend to see a lot. Back when I started about two years ago I was always told that your tulpa's voice was supposed to feel completely foreign and alien. This older concept threw me off for several months. All the replies I was getting sounded just like the voice I always think in. They never did sound foreign. I tried everything, but it just never happened that way back then. I did get head pressures that were more or less consistent. So that was a good starting point. I eventually joined the mentor program and was told that I should try possession as a form of communication. I decided to give it a shot and my tulpa and I worked hard on it every day for about a month until she could finally move a hand. We used that as a reliable way of saying yes or no. I realize now that this was a bit extreme. Head pressures would have worked, but I guess this way I had less doubts about it.

One day I heard someone talking about the concept that your tulpa's mindvoice will most likely sound and feel just like your own thoughts. This changed everything for me. I started out forcing like I always had, but focused on just talking to her and trying to get a response. These, of course, were just like before; It just felt like me. So after this I would check to see if it was what she was trying to say by having her move the hand a certain way for "Yes, that was me" and "No, it wasn't me." I have a hypothesis that it was just her sending me the intent behind what she was trying to say and my own mind translating that into a thought. But that's always debatable.

If I were to give you a suggestion, just ask your tulpa a question and wait for a response. Relax and just wait for it. If you think of anything in response, ask her to send that feeling to your shoulder area if it was what she was trying to say. Start of simple, maybe yes or no questions, then progress from there if you think you are getting the hang of it. Eventually communication gets easier and you don't have to jump through all these hoops.

Host: Ayre

Tulpas: Coda and Segno

Shameless Progress Report Plug:

Ayre's Opus 1: Informal informative index of inhabitants in an invisible inner-world.

Alright, I did another session earlier today and I don't think I got anything. But just recently as I was looking at myself in the mirrior and worrying a bit about how I look because I had some wounds on my cheek I heard something say: "I like you no matter how you look". Then I asked her if it was her and to give me that feeling and she did. Do I just keep doing what im doing and try to listen to her troughout the day?

Even though I know that its her because of the response, still for some reason some part of me thinks that it was just me. I guess it may be because it sounded like me and about midway through the sentence I felt like I was making it up 100% and it didn't 'surprise' me like the previous times i've heard her. I hope this isn't harming progress in any way, and how could I get over this?

Also something I noticed was that this voice seemed to originate from the back of my head and my thinking voice feels like its located in the front or in the middle of my head. And it also seemed faint but I had no trouble hearing it.

It sounds, to me, like you are on the right track. From my personal experience, that's about how it started with Coda. The thought feeling like I was coming up with it, but at the same time not feeling like I had originally thought of it. How it seemed to come from somewhere else somehow, It didn't seem to come from exactly the same place as the other thoughts I usually have. In short, yes. Keep doing what you are doing, and keep interacting with your tulpa. I'll just say to try and worry less, and try to have some fun. Otherwise, what's the point?

Ayre's Opus 1: Informal informative index of inhabitants in an invisible inner-world.

All right. I'm fairly sure i'm hearing her talk more throuought the day. Mostly 1 word comments that seem kinda "neutral" or lacking personality, but I guess thats just because its just 1 word. Longest sentence i've gotten was "I dont know" when I asked her opinion on something. Also gotten some other sentences but they seem to take longer for her to say and they tend to stop in the middle of it, about 3 words in. I guess this just takes time and practise? And does the voice become clearer with time?

And I seem to have stopped doubting her that much, but now I'm getting a bit scared that it'll stop. :P

Thanks a lot for the help! :)

Edit: I'd also like to ask if its normal me to get an answer when im halfway done with the question? Like I just asked her "how are you doing?" And i heard "good" just when i was about to say "you".

Yes, we actually had that for years before we decided to always let the other person finish before responding. You likely already know what you're going to say well before you've said every single word of it, and they do too. But like us you should probably work on waiting until full sentences are finished before responding to each other, it's just polite.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

You're welcome. So from my experience when Coda seemed to stop halfway it was because I was afraid that it was actually me thinking. It was probably me attempting to block out extra noise, but her thoughts getting caught up in that blockade. Yes if you keep at it, you will be able to communicate more clearly and effectively. As far as the whole you and the tulpa talking at the same time phenomenon goes. This is just what I think, but I'm no doctor, psychologist, or expert on the human brain. The words that we hear that are know as mind-voice, are not the actual thought; these are the representation of a thought. With other people the only way to communicate this thought is with words (for the most part, but you do have body language, etc.), this has conditioned most of us to attempt to bridge this gap by thinking in words and not what I will call "intent," or pure thought/motivation. To get a better picture of this, think about when you move your arm. You have no need to talk to your arm to get it to move, you send it pure "intent" and it just moves. This is how your brain communicates with internal parts, not with language, but with electrical signals and lighting fast intent. Imagine actually having to describe to your hands exactly what you want them to do. If that were the case just simply typing this paragraph would take forever.

Tulpas are internal, they share the brain with you. Because of this they can tap into your intent, and you can tap into theirs. When you have already thought "How are you doing?" the intent has been thought of before it is translated into language. The tulpa already knows what you are going to say in this regard. I believe this is impatience on the tulpla's end, because of how slow this intent-to-words process takes place. When this happened to me, I talked to Coda about why I didn't like this. I explained that this is how people interact with each other, they have to use words, and that while we have an ability and opportunity to communicate much quicker than that, I much preferred to interact with her like I would any other person. However, some hosts and tulpas do communicate with intent rather than words or a mix of them, this is my understanding of "tulpish."

I hope this has answered your question, and again I'm no expert. For all I know everything I just said is completely wrong, but this is what makes sense to me. Oh, and don't worry about not having and doubts anymore; they will come back, then you'll have to get over the new ones. ;)

Yeah, I think that explained it for me. :)

But I guess i've got one more question: how should I go about trying to have a 'proper' conversation with her? Most of our chats start with me saying "This/that is a _____" And then sometimes she'll ask what it is and i'll explain as best I can what it does and what its used for. Or once she asked without me even telling her what the object was. I also get sometimes get answers from her but as I said they're almost always 1 word comments like "okay" "yeah" "thanks" "no" and "oh".

I also talked to her about the talking over eachother thing. I started getting answers from her maybe a split second after I finished talking, but I think she forgot about it or something. :P