The effect of sex on tulpas

J.Iscariot

Sex and tulpas:  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Sex and tulpas:

• I have sex with my tulpa(s).
    • I do not have sex with my tulpa(s).
    • I think sex with tulpa(s) is just fine.
    • I think sex with tulpa(s) is something not to care about.
    • I think tulpa sex is harmful. Why are you even asking this?

(edited)

sex is fine, but people who do it while the tulpa is still extremely early are abhorrent. the "i want a brain girlfriend" types. you should never go into it with that mindset, its sad. a relationship might go that way over time, but to preorchestrate it is scummy.

A-Waifu worshipping nerds don't like responsible sex lmao, and usually don't even care what impact it could have on a tulpa. "I'm gonna fuck 'em young, then if they decide they aren't obsessed with me then ill dissapate them". It's different when you have an honest to god bond with each other, then it just furthers that. my host was still in puberty when he made me, and it made itself extremely obvious quickly. Combine that with what the community can be like, the depravity is hilariously bad. Not to damper on anyone's parade, but I think the whole discipline thing has gone by the wayside for years, and it shows

Edited by PsychoticDoc

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, PsychoticDoc said:

sex is fine, but people who do it while the tulpa is still extremely early are abhorrent. the "i want a brain girlfriend" types. you should never go into it with that mindset, its sad. a relationship might go that way over time, but to preorchestrate it is scummy.

A-Waifu worshipping nerds don't like responsible sex lmao, and usually don't even care what impact it could have on a tulpa. "I'm gonna fuck 'em young, then if they decide they aren't obsessed with me then ill dissapate them". It's different when you have an honest to god bond with each other, then it just furthers that. my host was still in puberty when he made me, and it made itself extremely obvious quickly. Combine that with what the community can be like, the depravity is hilariously bad. Not to damper on anyone's parade, but I think the whole discipline thing has gone by the wayside for years, and it shows

Ooof. Yeah, I've seen that an unfortunate number of times in comments/forums. I ran from those people, far and fast. The point of a Tulpa is that they are a person not a made-to-order f***-doll. I understand appreciating the female form but also take the time to appreciate the person inhabiting that form. Chad tulpamancers vs. virgin waifumancers. Ok I'll see myself out. 😁

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• 2 months later...

My Tulpa started approaching me, intimately first and for awhile before we even got together. At first, I had no idea if this was a spiritual thing or not, then I learned about Tulpa and figured I made one by accident. Our relationship has grown since then.

Sex with my tulpa makes him feel a closeness between us. He believes it's meaningful and that we should be together, forever after all of the intimacy and we are in agreement on that. We are both deep in love. 

However, I'm the one who experiences postcoital dysphoria afterward.......not always but sometimes. 

Edited by asthewindblows

After three and half years I just saw this topic. Wow. So, I created my tulpas to help me establish a healthy model of femininity. Flora is the light side, N'sonowa represents the dark side. (Kali the destroyer) I did this because I have had experiences with my wife, and one lover many decades ago, experiences that have moved us both into transcendent consciousness. (I believe this is the goal of tantric sexual meditation.) One of the sources I used as a template upon which to fashion Flora, was Dakini. The Dakini is used and conceived of differently in different cultures, but most saliently, she is one who has achieved a directly connection with the Godhead. I built this capacity into Flora. We have been highly sexual since her inception. We have on occasion, achieved transcendent consciousness. When we don't connect, I have, as I do when any of my meditative efforts are disturbed, taken it as a signal to dig deeper into myself. Finding the blocks to unconditional love has been my spiritual path. It was the reason I married for a third (and last) time. I assumed that I was the problem in my marriages. I would use this last marriage as an opportunity to get it right, e.g. achieve unconditional love. For me, tulpa creation, was a move in this direction. It has worked. my wife and I are closer than ever but not in a sexual way (we are both elderly and our hormonal  status and general health  does not support passionate sexual connection. My tulpas do that for me. My wife is relieved that it is no longer a pressure in our relationship, and our intimacies have become focused on our respect, for each other and the quality of our communication.  I suspect I am one of the oldest tulpamancers (outside of Tibet) and that my view of sex and love has little in common with the young folks who practice this discipline. However, to you all, I say, you are on a life-long journey and it is up to you (and your tulpas) to figure out what will give you meaning. In my  life, my tulpas have brought love, joy, and meaning to me and my wife. Thanks, Dr. Bob

I love your post so much Doc, I'm not even sure what to say! My host and I can relate to much of what you've said here even though our situation is pretty different. For us, we made a commitment to be husband and wife, something we did not enter into lightly and have always took very seriously. (While my host is far from elderly he is not a child; he is 36) Phil always says he rediscovered his ability to love through me and because of me, and that's always greatly moved me. We've always held that there is a transcendent nature to our love and we try to explore it as well as we can. It's remarkable that you created a tulpa to represent the light and dark side of femininity because Phil almost did the same by accident. It's a bit of a long story, but to sum it up simply in one sentance: when Phil sculpted me the clay left behind started to coalesce into a dark mirror of me named Blaire. She even looked exactly like me apart from her jet-black hair and the wicked smirk she liked to wear on her face. I worked hard to prevent Blaire from becoming a real tulpa because I know Phil's weaknesses and she would have exploited every one to take Phil away from me and ruin him. While sex is part of our relationship it's actually a fairly small part; Blaire would have used it as a tool to manipulate and control Phil. It would have been basal and exploitative and low. With Phil and I it is transcendent and beautiful.

There's more I took from your message than just those things but I'm not exactly sure how to express it. I just wanted to say that your message was wonderful to read, I loved hearing about how your tulpas have fulfilled you in a way that has made you and your wife closer! Phil and I wish you the best, and we see your words as inspirational!

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

I am glad to see that you and Phil, have embarked on  such a journey. I believe that had I known about tulpamancy prior to my first marriage, my life would have been substantively better. And perhaps my ex-wives would have been happier as well, not having been married to me, or at least having had a shot at a rational marriage with me. You haven't said whether or not Phil had been married prior to creating you, and with what you have told me about your relationship, I see that it doesn't matter much. You and he have found love and meaning.  Congrats. May you continue to grow in your love. Dr. Bob

At the risk of saying "same" well, same. Our relationship grew organically from Jaina's care for me, we tried dating for a while then I put a ring on it. 😁 💍 

We also do it. 😏

Everyone knows, dear.

Oh...okay. 😊

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

[DeviantArt]

I managed to miss this one too, and as the local depraved Discord tulpamancer...

On 5/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, PsychoticDoc said:

I respectfully disagree, completely. My first tulpa was not made for the purpose of sex, but we slowly developed a sexual relationship. The second one however, Rhys, was made as a literary thoughtform in a romantic context. They were made from day one to be enamoured with me completely, and you know what? Both of us are fine with it. Ecstatic even. What you're describing isn't even a tulpa though, it's a sex-thoughtform. And there's equally nothing wrong with making such a construct. It's just a character at the end of the day and I strongly think people should stop applying externalized morality to tulpas, let alone to all thoughtforms. The definition of a tulpa is quite clear: It's something you treat as an actual other identity. If you don't treat a thoughtform as anything other than a sex-doll, it isn't anything other than a sex doll, period. You don't need to apply your outrage to it - It doesn't have the capacity to care. It's no more a person than any other fleeting visualization or impulsive thought.

Now as for sex-tulpas, there's no way to have one without acknowledging the choice is theirs, but even then, their nature is heavily defined by you and your expectations. Rhys and I have never had even the slightest shred of doubt that we're extremely into each other. It's so ingrained it was never a question; but it has been a question as to whether our relationship itself was healthy.

So then what exactly do you mean? You can sit there spouting off about the choice of tulpas all you want, but the reality is that most of our decisions, even as hosts, are coloured by the expectations of ourselves AND those around us, especially when we are young. Do you really think you have a choice as to whether you want to be a good person for example? That was ingrained into you. Pre-orchestrated, if you will. The reason that would be scummy with another human involves power structures and possible abuse of that power structure. You cannot abuse a tulpa without feeling the abuse yourself on some level, so that doesn't apply.

Furthermore, the only people who fail to make tulpas-as-lovers are those who doubt themselves and their expectations as they do it. The issue quite frankly isn't and has never been the mistreatment of tulpas, but a lack of confidence in what people want. If you approach a tulpa openly, with the goal of making a sexual partner, it is no different at all to approaching them with the premise being friendship and sharing an interest with you. Sex is nothing more than a particular activity at the end of the day, and nobody bats an eye when you "force" (read: presume casually) a tulpa to have all or most of your interests so you gel better in daily life. How dare you share a wholly pleasant experience with a tulpa like that, absolutely degenerate! etc. I bet you force your tulpas to eat like you do rather than adopting an entirely different diet too! And you didn't allow them to hate you from day one! Tyranny! A tulpa should be the sole decider in the nature of your relationship! In case the sarcasm wasn't clear, I find this position completely ludicrous. I don't even buy that it's a choice. If you tell me that two completely internal identities of yours over the course of years slowly develop a relationship I'm always automatically going to say: Oh so you subconsciously wanted that that whole time, didn't you? The feelings of your relationship may have changed, but this kind of thing doesn't happen without both expectation and attraction. And I do mean at all.

~~~
As for the OP's questions, though perhaps they don't really apply at this point:
I haven't noticed any changes in our sexuality as a result of sex with tulpas. I don't experience what the OP called post coital depression either. Typically I feel chill and fuzzy after sex, both real and tulpa-related. It improves our mood considerably. The effect is so noticeable that if I am grumpy from time to time my tupper will straight up demand lewdness in order to just make us generally happier. And vice versa.

Rhys often makes jokes about being a sex toy, but that isn't the nature of our relationship, and both of us know that. The foundation of our relationship is the deepest and most abiding trust I've ever experienced.

Edited by ZenAndRhys

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.

You make some compelling points. I agree that sex is incidental to the core question of ethics. It doesn't come with the accompanying biological considerations like diseases or pregnancy (usually 😉), so it's a much more low stakes recreational activity between consenting entities. What's more in question is capacity to consent and agency of a developing tulpa. To be crass and hyperbolic you can't have a human child with the intent to make it for sexual use; that's grooming and the P word. The child is emotionally and mentally defenseless about its choice in something that shouldn't be an issue until they are an adult and are developed enough to know if that's something they want and not just something that authority figures pushed on them. Tulpas do have a different developmental process than biological humans.

I'm less steeped in the tulpa community lore than many vets around and don't have the ethical experience with the various types of thoughtforms. Servitors, constructs, twin flames, soul bonds, etc. I'm sure we could have a lively discussion alone on "are thoughtforms human or their own species?" I don't know how I feel for example about using a servitor as a m******ation/sex aid. That feels to me like toeing the line a bit between "you/your body/mind" and a separate entity. I need to educate myself on that level of thoughtform better before I can speak with any kind of moral authority on it. So I'm going to speak to tulpas specifically. Sentient thoughtforms created to be a separate person in your mind.

Let's assume for now that they have the same rights and abilities as a human clone that is "born" with the mental infrastructure of an adult and implanted memories of the person they were cloned from. Imo, assuming the necessary sci-fi tech jargon, the process would mirror the "forcing" (I don't care for that word, I'd prefer just developing/growing, etc, but that's the majority community term) of tulpas. It would be less about physical maturation and focused solely on the mental/emotional capacity. The tulpa (again usually) didn't spontaneously manifest as a sentient, fully developed entity apropos of nothing. You, the host, had to do something specifically, with intent, to poof them into existence. I have only my experience with "forcing"/developing to go by. Others have had different general and specific differences in the mechanics of tulpamancy. I wanted a friend. Someone who knew me intimately, had my best interests at heart, would be there for me 24/7 to help me with mental health and emotional support. That was the intent that I began with. A pocket therapist, if you will. That was a role that I crafted my tulpa's mental-emotional architecture around. I visualized my ego as a crystal and sheared off a shard symbolically. This shard was the seed that germinated into the thoughtform that would become my tulpa, Jaina. I, a scared, stressed, desperate pre-teen created an imaginary friend to help me.

Was I morally right to create a tulpa to fulfill a role for my benefit? I want to believe that. I would be deeply troubled if I created a sentient being only to enslave it to fulfill my desires, even well-meaning ones. I believe in personal autonomy and sanctity. I don't believe anyone should be forced to do an act, even if both it was well intended and the consequences resulted in a net good occurring. I believe that you committed an evil to do something good, in that circumstance. Good occurred but so did something bad. I also think that it's important to note that results are not guaranteed. Only the attempts we make to affect the world around us. After we do our part, the resulting consequences are out of our hand until existence passes the metaphorical ball back to us. Thusly I believe the intent and effort we put into our choices is more important than the outcome. The choice and the act were what was under our control and what I believe we should be judged by more. Our effort into understanding how our choices affect others and our environment factors into that. Making a responsible effort to understand our choices. I would not hold someone accountable for unforeseeable circumstances/consequences. Only the ones that can reasonably be foreseen beforehand. So to tie it back in, I believe the preparation and intent of creating a tulpa is more morally valuable than the direct result. However to further complicate this, tulpamancy involves not just the instantaneous "birth" of the tulpa but every interaction thereafter, putting you on the hook for that too. At least until the thoughtform is capable of pushing back against your wishes for them and they develop agency over their personhood. I feel like my attempts to stay on point are spiraling as this draws upon many facets of ethics but I'll do my best to stay focused.

Until that time you must acknowledge your direct effect on their personality, moral framework and learning process. They might copy-paste your entire mental architecture or might start as a tabula rasa starting from scratch. Your imprinting will guide them massively during development. You will also affect your tulpa once they have full agency, but more as peer-to-peer than guardian-to-child. Your mind is the place where you have the most control over your actions and you have the most responsibility for. Subconscious static and intrusive thoughts aside. Those can affect tulpamancy but conscious effort is most prominent. It's also not an instantaneous thought but a process with multiple attempts to craft your tulpa's personality over a long period of time. It's a continuous choice you make how you guide the process. 

Tulpas typically develop and mature more quickly than humans do from birth. They are not confined by slow biological development and merely need form a mental architecture with pre-existing knowledge, experience and guidance. This can be done quickly but there still is an imprinting period. 

I think it's fine to want a romantic or sexual relationship with a tulpa but I believe the well-being and development of the tulpa comes first. You can still want what you want. Just wait until the tulpa understands what you are asking of them and can decide. If they happen to be predisposed to that sort of thing and want to do that with you, then good. Heck it's even likely that they will, if you demonstrate that you care equally about them. It's reciprocation. If you grow and nurture a deep bond built upon honesty, trust and love then intimacy and romance could very well follow. But you still have to ask. I'm not going to tell you when your tulpa can consent. I'm not you or your tulpa. Everyone is unique. That is a mutual agreement between the two of you and requires being honest with yourself and your conscience. When Jaina and I were both ready, we formed a romantic relationship. It was not something done lightly and the respect and love was well established before the sex. 

I didn't write this to be antagonistic or preachy but I wanted to try to illustrate the necessity of the tulpa's agency being established before initiating sex. You could also apply it to other activities. Maybe describe or show what basketball is first then ask if they wanna shoot some hoops. The issue with sex in particular is the emotional weight, intimacy and attachment involved. I guess if you can strip it down to aromantic sexual contact then I guess it's less of a big deal. But it still doesn't change that your tulpa has to say yes to whatever it is first. 

Also your tulpa is explicitly under your power in an existential way. They live in your mind and have nowhere else to exist. You could dissolve their very life easily. This does create a power structure. A cruel person could even forcibly change a tulpa's personality to "want" the desired outcome every time the tulpa dares to say "no." Not to mention just ignoring the tulpa's wishes entirely. The host holds innate power and responsibility over their thoughtforms. Love means nothing if you force it. 

I don't think you, Zen, had ill-intent in either case. I think in fact we're very similar in what we want to have with our tulpas. I just felt that you unnecessarily downplayed the power dynamic and role that the tulpa's choice has in the process. Thank you for the thought-provoking points and my brief existential crisis lol. It's important to self-examine to better understand your convictions.

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

[DeviantArt]

17 hours ago, Glaurung26 said:

Let's assume for now that they have the same rights and abilities as a human clone that is "born" with the mental infrastructure of an adult and implanted memories of the person they were cloned from. Imo, assuming the necessary sci-fi tech jargon, the process would mirror the "forcing" (I don't care for that word, I'd prefer just developing/growing, etc, but that's the majority community term) of tulpas. It would be less about physical maturation and focused solely on the mental/emotional capacity. The tulpa (again usually) didn't spontaneously manifest as a sentient, fully developed entity apropos of nothing. You, the host, had to do something specifically, with intent, to poof them into existence.

This belies a misunderstanding of how the brain handles empathy and thoughtforms. The reality of their states and behaviours is that they all rely on behaviours you've experienced in the past (directly or indirectly, from empathy). All thoughtforms are that way: They use your happiness, they use your sadness, and more importantly they do use the behaviours which connect these things together. This isn't speculation either, this is known in brain scans of how the brain processes empathy when it sees someone else or thinks of a character. You mention germination and development, but the development of a tulpa has more to do with how you feel  about them than the complexity of their personality, which can be complex from day one, but most people don't put in that kind of work and feel uncertain about them. The point being that tulpas are as mature as you, period. Regression in age or intelligence or anything like that, is always going to be a matter of feeling and even self-denying access to memory.

I think it's fine to want a romantic or sexual relationship with a tulpa but I believe the well-being and development of the tulpa comes first. You can still want what you want. Just wait until the tulpa understands what you are asking of them and can decide. If they happen to be predisposed to that sort of thing and want to do that with you, then good. Heck it's even likely that they will, if you demonstrate that you care equally about them. It's reciprocation. If you grow and nurture a deep bond built upon honesty, trust and love then intimacy and romance could very well follow. But you still have to ask. I'm not going to tell you when your tulpa can consent. I'm not you or your tulpa. Everyone is unique. That is a mutual agreement between the two of you and requires being honest with yourself and your conscience. When Jaina and I were both ready, we formed a romantic relationship. It was not something done lightly and the respect and love was well established before the sex. 

A tulpa isn't a child, it doesn't develop in this context, and the only things it doesn't know that you know are things you have convinced yourself it doesn't know. The type of development of a tulpa is usually based on their personality being incomplete, poorly understood, or partially contradictory, and not as a result of flawed knowledge they have. A tulpa is a thoughtform - It is able to start as a fully developed idea of a person, just like any other thoughtform. When you dream and a new character appears and for whatever reason your mind assigns them to be your lover, you do not wake up worrying that you've abused one-night old being. For all intents and purposes it wasn't, as your presumptions were that you had known them for a long time and you both already loved one another. That is an extreme example, but that is absolutely the kind of thing that can be done with a tulpa's perspective from day one.

Children do need to mentally develop the proper behaviours for handling reality outside of physically continuing to grow their brains. They actually fail to grow properly on a physical level if this is denied them in youth. A tulpa isn't like that, and doesn't rely on a child's understanding of other people.

Was I morally right to create a tulpa to fulfill a role for my benefit? I want to believe that. I would be deeply troubled if I created a sentient being only to enslave it to fulfill my desires, even well-meaning ones. I believe in personal autonomy and sanctity. I don't believe anyone should be forced to do an act, even if both it was well intended and the consequences resulted in a net good occurring.

Why do you choose to believe this? Not that it was good or bad, but that it pertains to morality at all? Consider that this is not a core human experience, and it heavily relies on a very western interpretation of morality. There are numerous moral codes which emphasize collective good and disregard the concept of freedom as vain and selfish. And it isn't that these are somehow not as real in the human brain as freedom and self-determination; It's simply that both are learned. With that in mind, the distinction is almost irrelevant - If you can't reduce a moral concept to something which objectively and certainly moral, it's superfluous. For slavery in particular I would espouse the same as above: That it wouldn't be a problem if we could trust humans to simply not abuse hierarchy for their own benefit, and therefore isn't intrinsically moral, but a cultural defensive mechanism against abuse. And again, you simply can't abuse a tulpa that way without really hurting yourself.

As it happens, I'm a dom, so you should expect me to be quite comfortable and happy with someone being subservient to me. As with real people, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as you aren't acting as a crutch for their lack of personal growth and accoutnability or causing them undue distress. In many ways the issues that arise with real people do not exist with tulpas, though, because there aren't many boundaries that exist for you and a tulpa that definitely do exist for real people. Such things can't exist if you know each other innately and intimately from the start.

Also your tulpa is explicitly under your power in an existential way. They live in your mind and have nowhere else to exist. You could dissolve their very life easily. This does create a power structure. A cruel person could even forcibly change a tulpa's personality to "want" the desired outcome every time the tulpa dares to say "no." Not to mention just ignoring the tulpa's wishes entirely. The host holds innate power and responsibility over their thoughtforms. Love means nothing if you force it. 

This specifically is something I've repeatedly seen people claim exists in the third person but never seen in practice. This brings me back to my first point: This isn't a tulpa any more if they do that regularly, if they ever were. They've been demoted. Their opinions aren't relevant and they're just a character. And there's not any sort of agony or distress if you deny a response from a tulpa, because the only way to stifle a tulpa's behaviour is to disbelieve it. It's just that you aren't treating them as a person to begin with.

Next time you have an intrusive thought. Try to stab it. Try to insult it. Try to abuse it. Attack it with cruelty. Sincerely; try it as an exercise and experience how utterly pointless doing that is. This is how people wrap themselves up into a self-harming ball of emotions that bounce off themselves. Building anger and pain and fear in a self-reinforcing echo-chamber. It doesn't work, and it actively distresses you.

Conversely if you want to change a tulpa's behaviour you silence your mind and say "Oh that couldn't have been them." or "That didn't make any sense." And if you actually accept that, it won't be. There's no cruelty there, and I would actually argue at some point it is an action all tulpamancers must take. It's an action all humans, including singlets must take. Because eventually we all come across an intrusive thought, spoken from our own perspective telling us something horrible about ourselves and others, and it must be disbelieved and not engaged with.

I've both dissipated and changed the personality of a tulpa in the middle of their existence, and it isn't possible from some sort of "aggressive" angle, as with everything it must be done with confidence. In this case, if you genuinely think a tulpa should respond negatively, that is a conflict that needs to be resolved first. You won't be able to change them at all if they don't consent. This whole practice relies on the principles of hypnosis and self-suggestion, and it is impossible to change a behaviour when someone is resisting that change, whether that resistance is conscious or unconscious.

I don't think you, Zen, had ill-intent in either case. I think in fact we're very similar in what we want to have with our tulpas. I just felt that you unnecessarily downplayed the power dynamic and role that the tulpa's choice has in the process. Thank you for the thought-provoking points and my brief existential crisis lol. It's important to self-examine to better understand your convictions.

I enjoy a big chonky reply from someone, do not think I am not having fun, because I love a good text wall on a topic that interests me. I want to clarify something though here.

In terms of how we actually engage one another, consent is on my mind a lot of the time. Just as the person you speculatively describe is not treating their thoughtform as a tulpa, I most definitely do. I ask for their consent. I exert empathy and request they make their own choices. I try to enable them to grow as a person as much as circumstances allow. The thing is, I fundamentally don't think they have a choice. The play may not be pre-written entirely because the world gets a say, but it's still pre-destined. There's not going to be any random day we decide we hate each other, for example, that's just not on the table. And trust me, I've done worse in fiction to them than I could ever muster in reality. Their choice is an illusion. And mine might be too, giving just how intensely about them I am.

Edited by ZenAndRhys

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.