Tulpas, what are your thoughts on physical bodies?

J.Iscariot

Physical body;  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Physical body;

• I would be completely fine to have my own body. Matter of fact, that would make me extremely happy.
    • I do not care, I lead a satisfactory existence as it is, and would not wish to complicate things on my host.
    • I dislke the idea of having my own body; the world is a dangerous place!
    • I feel too attached to my host and would never be able to fully dissociate from them in such a way.

Let's say for a moment that you could lead a life of your own. Not necessarily away from your host, but let's say that you had your own physical body. Would you like that? How do you feel about the lack of a physical body that limits your social and overall capacities on the level of affecting other people and your own senses? I would like to hear some opinions from tulpas.

Vote in the poll.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reah: I'd be fine with having a physical body, but only under the condition that I can switch back to my mental body. So kind of like a spirit that can manifest a physical form, in a way. Interacting with other people would be really fun, I think, but I prefer my tulpa form over it.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

I don't think that having a physical body would place any complications on my host like the option I voted for says, but I'm fine with the things that I'm doing now. I doubt that having a body would change things.

Just gonna vote once for them all for #1 rather than having each of them do it on their accounts, biased statistics. Mind that what they would all do with their own body is wildly varied, despite all of them choosing option one. Instead of typing this again though, Flandre covered it in an old post here: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpa-week-tulpas-if-you-could-become-free-of-your-host-where-would-you-go?pid=142368#pid142368 (and the post after)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

[i do not care, I lead a satisfactory existence as it is, and would not wish to complicate things on my host. (Plus, considering she's in an open relationship with me and take into account the age difference (she's 23, I'm 48.))]

I need to have a deeper discussion with Isa to make sure it's her feelings and not an echo of my own before I add her voice to the poll. At the moment though even I don't want a physical body in this world. Not so much because it's dangerous as it just sucks all around.

I believe some of those feelings have rubbed off in my tulpa, and given how fantastic one's mind world can be, why leave.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

[i do not care, I lead a satisfactory existence as it is, and would not wish to complicate things on my host. (Plus, considering she's in an open relationship with me and take into account the age difference (she's 23, I'm 48.))]

Dude my dad got married to his third wife when he was 49. She was around 24, so it's not really anything complicated.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Dude my dad got married to his third wife when he was 49. She was around 24, so it's not really anything complicated.

[it is when you're her mother.]

• 2 weeks later...

[Well, I don't care at all. I appreciate my life she'd given to me. I discussed this topic with her before--It turns out that she kind of dislikes having a physical body and she is willing to do switching with me. But since we both are not good in switching, plus I personally do not like to socialize, I prefer my existence as a tulpa.

Therefore my choice will be the second option.]

• 2 weeks later...

{I answered yes, I'd like a physical body. The Host and I are working on switching, and our long-term goal is being able to sustain the state for an hour or two, so hopefully I'll be able to experience a physical form in the future.}

[i'd like a body, just so I can try out different fashions, do makeup, all that stuff. The Host's aesthetic doesn't really gel with mine, you know?]

+I don't mind either way, it's pretty good up in here. And I can change how I look whenever I want.+

(I'd like a body, or I'd like the host to let me switch in sometimes- I want to eat some Nutella for real! Also do my own thing, you know? But maybe not a permanent physical body, just one for a few days. I could rent one.)

(Aegis) +Graves+ [Nhythera] {Wells}