Do you parrot your tulpa?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you parrot your tulpa?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.

Statistics. Poll.

It's private for those who care.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Isn't that a time sensitive question? It's more like, did you parrot your tulpa. Do you only accounts for people still developing their tulpas. If someone had a "developed tulpa" that they still parroted, then it wouldn't even be a tulpa.

so people should just treat this as a "Do you personally think parroting is a good tulpa thing yourself" question

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Nope.

I go as far as to take note of my intents, my drives and expectations, and examine when thoughts are subscribed to one of my girls that fall a bit too much in line with the prior drives, intents, and expectations. Sometimes one of the girls genuinely want to make me comfortable...and sometimes it's just me wanting to be lazy.

Self-examination and self denial are very much a part of thought folks making, I think.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Isn't that a time sensitive question? It's more like, did you parrot your tulpa. Do you only accounts for people still developing their tulpas. If someone had a "developed tulpa" that they still parroted, then it wouldn't even be a tulpa.

so people should just treat this as a "Do you personally think parroting is a good tulpa thing yourself" question

I think this is a good point.

Some people use parroting as a developmental method, but wouldn't continue it once their tulpa is autonomous. I don't think there are all too many people who parrot their "fully developed" tulpa. So I think, "Did, or do you parrot your tulpa during development?" would be a better question. Or, "Do you think parroting is a good/acceptable developmental tool?"

I did parrot my tulpa some for both personality and vocal development. I'll save answering the poll until I understand what exactly you're trying to find out.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

No, this is not a sensitive question. This question isn't even about if people actually parroted, it has a completely different meaning to it but that's goodies for me. These late polls don't have the point of having 'direct answers' and establishing statistics for what is specifically asked, it's a completely different form of evaluation. It's not about the inkblot it's about how you handle this card.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

'Nope. I see what some people do it in early creation, but I ended up avoiding it altogether with every tulpa I've made.'

Not intentionally.

That does not answer my question explicitly.

Yep, we parrot as part of our developmental process. Those of us who are pretty well established don't need it, but the young 'uns do. So, since we've got a few developing, I'm one of the few here who can pretty much answer this question straight. We parrot.

Think I'm starting to see why you keep putting up polls that have more confrontational or ambiguous wording: it's an effective way to start discussion on it. Hope you're getting out of it whatever you're trying to get out of it, and in the meantime all the conversations coming out of it is great. ;)

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~