how would i do Auditory hallucinations?

I know this might be in the guide's section but my search thingy isn't working for some reason. I've read that a tulpa's voice can be heard as a hallucination instead of mindvoice. I was wondering how I would go about doing it with a supposed nonvocal tulpa? I say supposed nonvocal because I'm not sure if she's been trying to talk to me and I've just been dismissing it as wishful thinking on my part. I thought if I could somehow get my tulpa to where I can auditorially hallucinate her voice it might work better to distinguish our voices.

If that's not a good idea then can you tell me how to distinguish more easily between my mind voice and my tulpas?

I had a school of thought similar to this, where I felt if I could hallucinate Al's voice it'd be easier to distinguish. While I haven't reached that point yet, to better distinguish your voices from each other in mindvoice just takes time and practice. Keep talking to each other, and over time your voices will sperate.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

As for the how, the best thing you could do is maybe watch a video of someone talking with the volume off, and imagine what the words they're saying are. I like to just mouth the words of a song and then play the rest of the song in my head, and it starts to become rather intense, almost getting to the point where I can hear the song.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

White noise, the busier the better. My host learned to do audio hallucinations while working next to a waterfall feature at an amusement park. Working with white noise helps the brain pick out patterns and subtle sounds to more easily craft new noises. She uses this to listen to music sometimes. It's pretty cool.

That said... in our own experience, mindvoice and auditory hallucinations are pretty different. They seem to come from different parts of the brain. More, the way we do auditory hallucinations is hard to control... my host usually has to set the hallucination off (again, usually music) and then sit back and let it happen... she has very little control over it once it starts going. And we headpeople? We have even less control over the hallucinations.

What that means is that, for all that several of us are extremely vocal, we're not really able to access the hallucinations more than the occasional, random yell or something, and even that is not really something we control.

Not saying it'd be the same for you. Plenty of people seem to get their tulpas to sync with audio hallucinations. But it's hard to do. Mindvoice, in our experience, is a lot easier to get going than audio hallucinations. That's a pretty advanced technique.

So I suggest you do what IBreakGames said and just keep working on mindvoice. Give this a shot if you want, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out, because inducing hallucinations is hard. You're tapping into the sensory parts of your brain, and that's a lot harder to trick than the higher processing where most tulpae reside.

In the meantime, don't give up on getting her mindvoice. You have the rest of your life to hear her talk. So take your time. Don't rush either of you. I know you're excited to communicate with her, but you are training your brain to build an entirely new person... that doesn't happen overnight. Be patient. Just keep talking to her. You'll start being able to tell the difference between your voices with time and practice.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

I agree that for auditory hallucinations before even getting mindvoice down is jumping the gun a little. But also, I don't think it's a path that's really been explored yet, if you really try you mind find something new out, who knows?

I've played around with white noise (and other colors of noise, I don't really know what the difference between them is though) a few times for forcing background music and a few times just to induce the ganzfeld effect in audio. Things happened like I heard pianos play and the whispering of people that was really low, but nothing from Chris.

We're all gonna make it brah.