Slaying the Earworm

If I stumble upon any other breakthroughs, would you like me to PM you?

Yes please. :3

Compared to a lot I haven't been meditating long. I think it's coming up on a year now. I still haven't found a mute button or much in the way of controls at all for my brain. XD

@Linkzelda

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Tire yourself out on the song so the brain doesn't even want to touch it. Not for a while anyway. :3

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Did you just.. call Linkzelda Minnesota? Alright then.

Felt like noting that Tewi was actually suffering from this phenomenon less than an hour after replying to the thread, lol. She actually gets very frustrated when the mind throws up random thoughts without her permission (jeez. I know right?), and the song stuck in her head was one that we really don't like. Replacing it with other songs (in-head, had no access to music) worked only until they were over, and then it came back. So she ended up changing the lyrics and repeating the changed lyrics every time they popped up, and the effort of doing that eventually made them go away.

The song was "Ride" by Twenty One Pilots, the lyrics changed in question were "I've been thinking too much, help me."x10 to "I've been thinking too little, help." (to match the meter). Oh, Tewi.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Did you just.. call Linkzelda Minnesota? Alright then.

What the...... I am going to find SO many ways to kill my autocorrect. XP

I think if I tried getting creative with lyrics I'd end up getting pulled so far down the rabbit hole China was 2 AUs back. >.>

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Easy. Listen to a new song. That's how I get rid of it.... Temporarily. Or compile a large list of songs. Mine is over 1000 songs from hundreds of artists. Just switch between them and you generally shouldn't get hung up on one.

Variety is the spice of life and with so many spices to try, who can get stuck on just one? :D