The Creation of a Tulpa, with Steelmason and Amelia

Steel

Thank you very much again for your reply Vosaiu! I'm not sure any of the the threads describe the exact same situation as what me and my tulpa are experiencing, but it's good to know more about the 'dead period'.

Day Eight:

Today was quite an unproductive day in terms of forcing. I didn't narrate as much as I should have, since I was very busy and preoccupied today. On top of this, I wasn't able to focus properly during my active forcing session in the evening, due to me being so incredibly tired... I did have time enough to briefly run through the 'energy ball' exercise, although it didn't seem too effective this time due to my lack of attention most likely. Additionally, it's Ludum Dare this weekend, so I'm going to be spending 48 hours rushing to develop a video game based on a given theme. I doubt I'll be able to focus very much on my tulpamancy, but I'll attempt to get Amelia involved in the game development... somehow...

Finally, sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I've been wondering: What date do people consider a tulpa's birthday to be? Is it when you started working on them, when they speak their first word / gain sentience? I just want to know so that I don't miss recording Amelia's birthday :P

Host: Steel - a novice tulpamancer.

Tulpa: Amelia - a friendly, energetic knight.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's whatever you're comfortable with, really. I've seen people start from the creation date, from when they first noticed signs of sentience, and sometimes people will just make up a date for the hell of it.

Zaya and I consider the date of First doubt to be his birthday, but Vosaiu is correct, it's a matter of personal preference.

The Moment of First Doubt (taken from another thread) is the first time you think your tulpa has given you a legitimate response to a question or otherwise given a sign of sentience. We use this date mostly because we didn't document the first day I discovered him.

And good luck on the Ludum Dare!

Well, Ludum Dare is over now and I am very, very sleep-deprived. For those that are interested, but you can play my game here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=62658

Day Nine and Ten:

As for my tulpaforcing... Let's just say that it's incredibly hard to focus when you can count the number of hours you've slept in two days on one hand...

While I did attempt to force over the weekend, it was a slight failure of my goals, so I will have to resume my tulpamancy with extra vigour!

Oh, and thank you again for the replies, Vosaiu and Zaya! It seems to me that the date of first doubt would be a good birth-date but I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Day Eleven:

Maybe it's just my continual tiredness, but I definitely have not felt Amily's presence for a while now. Perhaps it is indeed this 'dead period' that people talk about, but in case it isn't I need to renew my efforts to bring Amily back into vivid thought in my mind. I theorise that Amelia's presence may have faded due to me dropping visualisation a few days ago, which makes sense considering I have a fairly active and lucid 'mind's eye'.

My plan for this evening is to meditate using pink noise and rain, briefly run through a personality exercise or two, and then try to talk with Amelia while imagining her in our dreamscape...

Ultimately, it may not be your dead period, but Zaya says he feels for you and Amelia.

A few tips that you can take or leave,

Get sleep. It helps with focus, it helps with meditation, it helps with visualization, it's just good for you in general.

This meditation is called a Re-vitalization exercise, but I would just call it a "vitalization" exercise, as its generally one of the most helpful meditations on my repertoire.

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-nonefromhell-s-three-task-tulpa-revitalization-exercise

You don't have to do the third "task", necessarily. The first two tasks help breath life into your tulpa, and after time, this meditation Will help really bring them into full sentience. At least, it did with Zaya.

All you may need to do is spend more time with her, seek her out and do things with her in your wonderland.

Let us know how things go, just don't give up!

Day Eleven Continued:

Thanks for your concern again Zaya, but it looks like I've fixed my problem for now! I'll definitely keep that method you suggested on standby though, it looks like it would certainly help me out if Amelia fades again.

(After active forcing session -) I was right. Visualisation is the key to communicating and interacting with my tulpa. I decided to turn on only the rain noise, and this time with random thunder and lighting noises, and started meditating and imagining my little dreamscape in the forest clearing, with the river and the little shelter. This immediately settled my thoughts and allowed me to focus. When I was relaxed enough, I put Amily into my mental image and lo and behold, there she was, clearer than ever. She was very chilled and we sat in the shelter and watched the storm from our snug, warm spot. I decided that we would then run through the personality exercise of listing her major traits and explaining and contextualising each of them somewhat. After this, the shelter changed very slightly to match Amelia's updated personality - her sword appeared propped up in the corner of the shelter, due to her adventurous personality and background; some leather-bound books showed up, to match her wonder-lust for fantastical stories; and finally a leather satchel containing drawing implements and notepads materialised to portray her creative and artistic talents. After this, we just sat and looked out into the clearing and watched the storm for a while longer before I cut off the visualisation.

Overall, I feel that this is a great discovery, and a huge step forwards in my plans for future development. Amily's presence is strong in my mind now, and I greatly look forward to our next active forcing session.

On a different note, I'm currently reading through H.P. Lovecraft's 'Dream Cycle' short stories, and I highly recommend them to anyone interested in obscure fiction involving lucid dreaming and dreamscapes.

Day Twelve:

It's been a good day, as far as my tulpaforcing goes. This new leap forwards in my methods has led me to some very clear passive forcing and narration with Amily during the day. While I have to focus more in order to do it, the mutual interactivity and vividness of the small sessions are definitely worth it. I feel like my bond with Amelia is growing constantly. For those that are interested, I asked what Amily was doing at various points in the day, and it seems that she just spends her time fishing, sketching and relaxing in the tall grass around our clearing.

During my active forcing session this evening, I put on the rain ambience and started forcing without any formal meditation. This meant that throughout the session my thoughts were constantly being side-tracked and distracted, although the overall clearness of the visualisation wasn't really affected. In the session, I sat with Amily in our shelter, which has subconsciously grown slightly - possibly to fit both of us inside more comfortably during our forcing sessions. The shelter also now has a sort of blind over the entrance that can be raised or lowered to offer privacy and protection from the elements. I don't know about everyone else, but I find these subconscious changes to my dreamscape very interesting.

Overall, my forcing is going really well, and I hope it stays that way for while. I can definitely feel Amelia developing more and more, and gradually obtaining a more solid personality that is separate from my own. I can't wait to force some more!

Day Thirteen:

There's not a lot to talk about today. I narrated a little bit to Amelia but nothing in particular happened because I was too tired to have a proper active session in the evening. I think Zaya's right about me needing to get more sleep for my forcing :P

I'll try and get an early night of forcing in tomorrow.

Day Fourteen:

Another day of uneventful forcing. I don't feel like I've been making much progress for a day or two. I think that maybe I don't really know what to say to my tulpa when I force anymore. I'll have to look up things to talk about with Amelia, since it seems like I've sort of run out of things to say to her :P