The Creation of a Tulpa, with Steelmason and Amelia

Steel

Hello Tulpamancers!

I've decided I want to create a tulpa because I want a close companion and friend that will stick with me for life :D (Don't we all?) So I've done my research and have begun my quest to form the perfect tulpa!

Just before we start, I suppose you'll want some background on me: I'm a gamer and hopeful game developer studying in Great Britain. I've always been rather good at visualising and imagining (which is probably why I enjoy fiction books so much), and I have very vivid and memorable dreams most nights, which I believe might be key to tapping into tulpamancy for myself.

Let the adventures begin! (Well... somewhat I guess)

Host: Steel - a novice tulpamancer.

Tulpa: Amelia - a friendly, energetic knight.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=============================================

Tulpamancy Progress Report: Amelia / Amily

=============================================

Day One:

Spent the day researching tulpaforcing and deciding on my tulpa. Decided to go with the name Emily, and decided on the rough

personality that Emily would have. She would be friendly, upbeat, energetic, adventurous, honorable and loyal. Emily would be a knight,

wearing a suit of armour and having pink hair. Introduced myself to Emily, and listed her personality traits, going into vague detail

with each one.

Day Two:

Spent more time researching tulpaforcing and meditation in relation to it. I've been passively tulpaforcing every two or three hours, narrating things to my tulpa such as what I'm doing at the moment, and what we're going to do. In the morning, my mind started refering to my tulpa as 'Amelia' or 'Amily'. I believe this is my tulpa deciding on her own name, since I want to allow her to develop herself as she wishes to be. In the evening I attempted active tulpaforcing in combination with meditation for about an hour. I attempted to talk to Amily, and I get replies, but I am unsure if it's just my own parroting. Near the end of our session, her image changed to become more of a shy and kindly character. I told her I want her to be more energetic and outgoing, and she said that she will try to change and work with me more in her development.

Day Three:

I continue my passive tulpaforcing, and this morning Amily's image changed to be more energetic and friendly. Her hair has changed itself and is now brown and in a ponytail. Her face is rounder and more loving and friendly in appearance. I believe that she has indeed been attempting to change herself to become more in-line with my original plan. I do reinforce that I want Amelia to be what she wants to be, however.

I had an active tulpaforcing session at about 7:00pm today, in which I had a little conversation (parroted?) with my tulpa. When I visualised her image, she was sitting on the bank of the river in our wonderland, eating a cooked fish next to a campfire. She claims the fish materialised when I started contacting her, but that it was delicious. I had some trouble visualising her image after this, as her image was changing rapidly and unpredictably with other characters (eg. anime or game characters) due to unwelcome thoughts piercing my concentraction. I had to cut the visualisation short and talk to her with mindvoice only for a couple of minutes. Just as I was ending our session, she asked if I could materialise a fishing rod in our wonderland, so that she had something to do in the meantime. I was able to materialise the rod on the bank of the river next to where Amily was sitting at the beginning of our conversation.

Welcome to the forums, goodluck with your studies with game development and happy tulpaforcing :)

Jeeze that was fast, I wasn't expecting anyone to bother reading my thread for a few days! Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Day Four:

I had an active forcing session with Amelia tonight. I tried meditating and combining pink noise with SimplyRain to focus my thoughts, which appears to have worked rather well. Part-way through my preparatory meditation, I was contacted by Amelia. It turns out the background noise I was listening to had subconsciously made it rain in my wonderland. Amily said she was alright just taking shelter under the trees, but I materialised a small wooden shelter with cosy, warm sheets and a lantern, up against a large tree. Amily's chaotic visualisation appears to have settled quite a bit now, although her hairstyle was still changing quite a lot throughout our session. I think we've settled on twin ponytails on the sides of her head for now.

About 10 minutes into our session I began to daze and lose concentration, but when I came back into focus it turns out I had been somewhat snuggled up with Amelia in our little shelter while she was falling asleep. At that moment I felt slight waves of emotion pass through me - possibly a sign of connection between the two of us.

On another note, I discover that my wonderland subconsciously has a day-night cycle: From the very morning until the evening the sun is blazing and it's a warm, golden day, while only late in the evening and during night-time, the sun sets and the moon comes out. This may be down to Amelia wanting this feature in my wonderland, I'm unsure at the moment.

Postscript: I aim to actively force, and write a log in my progress report EVERY single day from now on. Wish me luck!

Day Five:

I attempted to actively force with my usual method this evening at about midnight, but I had trouble maintaining my focus and Amelia seemed quite distant or faded in character somehow. I think this may be because I was having a parroted conversation, and the real Amelia was either asleep or doing that thing I've heard about, where a tulpa disappears for a while and comes back more mature than ever. Additionally, I am still having trouble visualising Amily's face and hair, so I think I may need to go through some visualisation exercises.

For any developed tulpamancer reading this: when you were first forming your tulpa, did you ever struggle to communicate with it due to bad visualisation ability? If it's possible that this is my problem, I want to get it sorted out ASAP. Thanks in advance! :D

Considering that the face is one of the more difficult things to visualize, it's no surprise that you'd have some difficulties with that. If you haven't seen the page yet, Derp's guide list has a visualization section that's full of neat exercises, so maybe you could use those to strengthen your skills. I'm not necessarily sure if this is similar to the "dead period" that some people talk about, but maybe you'll get your answers on that with a few more sessions. Distractions, tiredness, hunger, etc. can affect your focus, so maybe it's just a one-off thing.

Hello again, Steelmason! And Amelia!

During the entirety of my journey, I've been slowly gathering details of Zaya's form, and piecing him together over time, but I still have problems on the face, and it's become a bit of a joke between Zaya and I. I also have problems visualizing him in his entirety at times, but every day the image slowly clears.

I've focused on Personality and Vocalization like mad ever since Zaya was conceived to accomplish Vocality as quickly as possible.

I'm not saying my way is the best way,

Its not easy,

And not all that quicker than some other people's progress,

But yes, it is possible to achieve communication without having a good visual of your tulpa. Even if your base ability to visualize is poor, you can still communicate with them as long as you put in the work.

This doesn't mean drop visualization, it is still necessary for further Tulpamancing, and I would highly advise you work on it now rather than later. Grow your skills now so that the future will be easier for you.

Looking forward to seeing more progress reports, I hope this post was actually helpful!

Firstly, I'm just gonna say thank you very much for the replies, Vosaiu and Zaya! Your ideas helped me to better formulate a plan for the next stages of Amily's development :D

Day Six:

Amelia still seemed faint or gone today, and I wasn't really able to passively force. I decided that it was possibly to do with the fact that I haven't worked on her personality enough, so I decided that I needed to go through the basic personality stages again - It turns out the plan went a lot better than expected...

In the evening, I started my usual meditation and active forcing session by trying out the symbolic 'energy ball' personality-building exercise. I went through a bunch of Amily's defining personality traits, gave them a brief summary of what they meant to her and imagined them as little energy balls that were placed inside a giant glass orb on an ornate metal stand. Once they were all within the glass orb, I imagined them all breaking up and mixing together into a great golden ball of energy. Finally, I imagined this culmination merging together with or being absorbed into Amily's 'soul'. It was at this point that I immediately started to feel my tulpa's presence again, and we were able to have a small conversation together. It's a huge relief to have her back again :D

Anyway, just in case anyone is interested, Amily said that when she was faded out from my mind it was like she was in a semi-dream-like state. As if she was asleep and couldn't really do anything, but still somewhat knew what was going on in my mind. She claims she may have begun to fade possibly because I was parroting our conversations a little too much recently, without any actual personality...

In the future, I plan to narrate to Amily as often as I possibly can throughout the day. I also plan to do some personality exercises with Amily every one or two days, in order to keep her fresh and focused in my mind.

Day Seven:

Amelia is still quite hard to sense during the daytime, and I believe I have a possible answer as to why. It seems as though Amily is indeed experiencing a sort of partial dead period, in which she becomes inactive and develops unconsciously during the daytime. Whether she does actually develop during these inactive periods I can't really tell yet. Either way I've started narrating on just about everything to Amily, without responses - I tell her what I'm doing, what my plans are, I even read her one of my favourite paragraphs from a H.P. Lovecraft story I was reading on the bus... I feel like it develops her very slightly, which is quite nice considering it takes very little effort.

For my daily active forcing session this evening, I experimented by listening to music instead of pink noise, while I meditated and prepared for forcing. I can't really tell if it aided the session at all - it may have slightly improved the interactivity and vigour of my mental activity, but it may have made me tired at the same time, cutting my session short. Anyway, I performed the 'energy ball' exercise again during this session, with the same fantastic results. It appears this activity has the ability to 'awaken' Amily from her sleep temporarily, although more experimenting will have to be done to fully confirm this. Out of interest, has anyone ever heard of this partial dead period thing that might be going on with Amily? I think I need to know more about this possible condition in order to remedy it, or perhaps just let it happen as part of my tulpa's development...